blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:40:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Stuart Hall, 15 months.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stuart Hall, 15 months.  (Read 13128 times)
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 17, 2013, 11:05:08 PM »

The more I think about it, the angrier it makes me. His defence barrister said " merely 13 girls unlike Saviles 1300"!

So that's 13 lives he could of totally tilted unless they had really good support in place. 15 months. The recurrent sentences sends out a really freaky message too. 15 months for " inserting his finger into a 13 year olds vagina" ( who was drunk). All the same sentences and lesser run at the same time. It's just not right.

Is it correct that he has to be sentenced in according to the law 25 years ago?

yes, the law as was between 1967-1986.  As the sexual offences act, in law, didn't come into 2003, the judge had restricted elements.  that said the judge could have still given him a max of 2-5 years. Under today law it could have been 10years.

In essence he got 32.5 days for each crime.  Of which likely to spend only the equivalent 16 days per crime behind bars.

Carpe Diem
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2013, 11:11:21 PM »

how can touching a girl who is underage even through clothing ever be deemed minor?

because it is, when compared to other types of abuse that sadly occur all too often. Yes it's wrong, it's not nice to think about but unlikely, imo, to cause any lasting ill effect to the victim, where as less 'minor' offences most definitely could be the cause of serious long term issues.

Acknowledge this is your opinion, to which you have full rights too of course, but really? Are you actually saying that?

so in essence... "its ok sweetheart, he didnt really touch you did he, it was just your tee-shirt/skirt?

no I'm not saying anything of the kind Waz - that's a big leap you've made there.

what he did was wrong and he deserves to go to prison for it.  that does not mean that those particular offences were not, comparatively, minor ones.

accept its a big leap, apologies. emotive and all that..

but the essence is the same, the main "issue" as horseplayer stated too, how can you call it a minor offence...even if you compare it to anything.  Otherwise you could argue that his defence lawyer is right to bring up that it was "only" 13 girls...which is a minor number when comparing to the 1300 recently..thus, go lightly on Hall?

and to say that a older man, touching a vulnerable underaged girl wouldn't cause any lasting effects on her/him as it was through clothes is an bigger insult

Carpe Diem
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2013, 11:15:46 PM »

I didn't say such actions 'wouldn't' cause lasting effects. I said that i felt they were less likely to than other, more serious offences (eg rape)

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2013, 11:28:58 PM »

I didn't say such actions 'wouldn't' cause lasting effects. I said that i felt they were less likely to than other, more serious offences (eg rape)

You did say "unlikely" yes, however I'll have to agree to disagree on how I've taken your further words and wording.  Rape will have a lasting effect that is clear, but I still dispute its "unlikely" to have a lesser lasting effect for a minor offence.  And I maintain, you can not compare this kind of stuff to class an act of such disgust to a minor "status" - imo.

Carpe Diem
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2013, 12:25:40 AM »

Child abuse is a touchy subject

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
TommyD

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2013, 02:33:16 AM »

The thing that I find really illogical about the whole thing is he's getting pretty much the same jail time as he would get  if he only committed the most serious offence.  However had he done that one, been caught, then done another and been court he would spend a longer total time in jail albeit in two spells.  It's like the others are freebies.  Just makes no logical sense.
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2013, 07:20:12 AM »

Are some of you insane ?

I have two daughters 13 & 14 .....can you please think what if this was your daughter !

a minor offence is pinching a mars bar from the corner shop.

Don't compare it to anything or anyone else has done

He should of got 5 years

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
sharky_uk

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2013, 07:47:51 AM »

Are some of you insane ?

I have two daughters 13 & 14 .....can you please think what if this was your daughter !

He should of got 5 years

Good post
Jon MW

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2013, 08:31:39 AM »

Are some of you insane ?

He should of got 5 years

Good post

I think you're looking at the wrong context - it's not that they're a minor offence, it's that they are a minor child abuse/sex offence.

Obviously all child abuse and sex offences are serious but you still have to differentiate between different types.

Agree he should have got at least 5 years

Jon "the British cowboy" Woodfield

2011 blonde MTT League August Champion
2011 UK Team Championships: Black Belt Poker Team Captain  - - runners up - -
5 Star HORSE Classic - 2007 Razz Champion
2007 WSOP Razz - 13/341
Waz1892

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2013, 08:43:40 AM »

Are some of you insane ?

He should of got 5 years

Good post

I think you're looking at the wrong context - it's not that they're a minor offence, it's that they are a minor child abuse/sex offence.

Obviously all child abuse and sex offences are serious but you still have to differentiate between different types.

I really struggle that you can with this type of crime.

Carpe Diem
SirPerceval

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2013, 08:51:01 AM »

Are some of you insane ?

He should of got 5 years

Good post

I really struggle that you can with this type of crime.

Are you saying that keeping a girl captive, beating her, raping her several times and leaving her for dead would be the same as touching her once through clothing?

Of course you have to differentiate.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2013, 09:20:32 AM »

http://ukcrime.wordpress.com/2013/06/17/stuart-hall-sentenced-to-15-months/

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2013, 09:41:03 AM »

makes me really sad for those victims.....

hard not to be very angry with Hall.
treefella

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2013, 09:50:35 AM »

simply outraged by this lenient sentence . disgusting
should make no odds as to the age of the offender , their perceived reputation or when it was committed.

some guy got sentenced to 3 1/2 years the same day for graffiti.

ffs im so ANGRY ! and everyone should be up in arms about this !

Direct action , protests , marches . come on everyone !
Sentencings such as this wont change otherwise.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2013, 10:20:34 AM »

It will probably seem worth it after such s pathetic sentence
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: