blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 02:35:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Caribbean Poker Party 2013
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Caribbean Poker Party 2013  (Read 14370 times)
DTD-Nick.W

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2013, 12:17:59 PM »

The Prizes for 2nd - 10th will be as stated DTD comps any remainder upto the US$ value will be paid in DTD points so players can use these points to buy into DTD comps
I hope that's ok.

Just unfortunate we have had to drop it so late in the day.

smurf

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2013, 12:28:30 PM »

Just checked the leader board - WOW

3,600 points up top - well done that man, going off my trial hour at the start of the promo (where I raised everything and won most pots) I make it at least 12 tables for 16 hours or so.

He fully deserves the prize if no one overtakes him
LOJ

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2013, 04:15:18 PM »

So just to check, will there be no event in the Caribbean this year?  Does this also mean the golden chip prize is void?
DTD-Nick.W

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2013, 11:44:40 AM »

So just to check, will there be no event in the Caribbean this year?  Does this also mean the golden chip prize is void?

Hi

To clarify yes there is an event in the Caribbean in November however as we are regulated by the UK gambling commission our legal team have advised we must refrain from sending players to play poker at this event, it's not in a white licenses country.
Our promo will be for a Caribbean holiday......... So this isn't effected by this rule.

Golden chips will still be valid for a holiday to the Caribbean

Hope that helps

GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 09, 2013, 05:40:23 PM »

And we have our winners. Each of the top 10 win a prize ranging from the CPT Package to a £100 Deepstack seat.

In the early days of the promotion I got excited about a score of 145. Then when the serious scores started coming in it looked like we had a good competition on our hands.

1   NZtsunami                             3629.31
2   xMRENGLANDx                              3403.58
3   ch1paccrua1                              2835.85
4   Trophus                                      2068.74
5   jamesmarriott                              955.99
6   cornucopia123                              635.42
7   JonnyDTDCash                      625.39
8   5UCKMYFL0P                              490.47
9   1111BRS1111                              468.41
10   antonyeast                              405.39

Well done to all of the above.

Glenn

*Formerly freshprinceofbetair

I work in the pokers. This does not make me good at pokers.
SirPerceval

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 09, 2013, 07:05:01 PM »

I understand the need to change the prizes and this is unfortunate however it would appear they have been significantly reduced.

2nd place (for example) was 5 CPT super sat seats. These were worth 200 Euro each therefore 1000 Euro in total. Using todays rate this equates to £842.40

Now the prize is 2 x £336 Deepstack event. or £672.
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 09, 2013, 07:46:54 PM »

The Prizes for 2nd - 10th will be as stated DTD comps any remainder upto the US$ value will be paid in DTD points so players can use these points to buy into DTD comps
I hope that's ok.

Just unfortunate we have had to drop it so late in the day.

think they have covered this sir perceval

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Rosjim

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 09, 2013, 10:20:23 PM »

And we have our winners. Each of the top 10 win a prize ranging from the CPT Package to a £100 Deepstack seat.

In the early days of the promotion I got excited about a score of 145. Then when the serious scores started coming in it looked like we had a good competition on our hands.

1   NZtsunami                             3629.31
2   xMRENGLANDx                              3403.58
3   ch1paccrua1                              2835.85
4   Trophus                                      2068.74
5   jamesmarriott                              955.99
6   cornucopia123                              635.42
7   JonnyDTDCash                      625.39
8   5UCKMYFL0P                              490.47
9   1111BRS1111                              468.41
10   antonyeast                              405.39

Well done to all of the above.

Glenn

How many points will we be awarded for each seat
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 09, 2013, 11:32:00 PM »

I understand the need to change the prizes and this is unfortunate however it would appear they have been significantly reduced.

2nd place (for example) was 5 CPT super sat seats. These were worth 200 Euro each therefore 1000 Euro in total. Using todays rate this equates to £842.40

already covered 5 posts before yours   thumbs up
SirPerceval

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 10, 2013, 07:57:34 AM »

already covered 5 posts before yours   thumbs up

I must be missing something as I don't see where this has been covered.

A significant reduction in prize money and I'm the only one that seems to have a problem with this?
Pawprint

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 10, 2013, 08:09:07 AM »

I did make the assumption here that the satellite tokens quoted in $'s initially were actually €'s, as when the satellites were running on DTD, they were all in €'s, but clearly this is not the case based on the value of the new substitute prizes.  You know what they say when you assume

The point being made is that initially the runner up prizes on offer were Caribbean Super Satellite seats, quoted as $180 seats.

These had to be changed, as DTD have explained. Not a problem there, but $180 Caribbean Satellites never existed, they were €180+€20 seats,  and I for one assumed this was the value on offer.

That would mean the 2nd place prize equating to €1000 of sat tokens.  This has now changed to £672 of DTD seat, not based on the euro value, but based on the dollar value (which was for satellites that never actually existed).

I think that is the reason why the question has been asked, unless sirperceval wants to tell me differently.

smurf

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 10, 2013, 08:19:35 AM »

The difference between the prizes has been made up with DTD points in their online accounts which allows them to buy in to any tourney of their choice - did you miss that bit?

I assume this means the prize value 'package' remains the original value.
SirPerceval

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 10, 2013, 09:48:49 AM »

The difference between the prizes has been made up with DTD points in their online accounts which allows them to buy in to any tourney of their choice - did you miss that bit?

There was no reference to DTD points in the email confirming my prize. I can't check my account from this office but will look tonight when I get home.

Nicks post above refers to the US$ value not the Euro value, hence my post. Maybe you missed that bit Wink
GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 10, 2013, 10:49:12 AM »

There was no reference to DTD points in the email confirming my prize. I can't check my account from this office but will look tonight when I get home.

Nicks post above refers to the US$ value not the Euro value, hence my post. Maybe you missed that bit Wink

Hi

I emailed all players yesterday regarding the runner up prizes as we have a £100 Deepstack this week and the majority of these prizes were a seat to this. As the prizes were advertised as $ initially we are honoring this difference and I will be contact those who are getting points on top of their runner up prizes to make up the difference within 48 hours, when they have been credited.

The seats into DTD events are not being credited to an online balance unless requested by the player to play an online Day 1. Those who have won seats just need to contact Nicola at least 24 hours before their chosen Day 1 to be put into the comp.

Hope this clears everything up,

Glenn

*Formerly freshprinceofbetair

I work in the pokers. This does not make me good at pokers.
SirPerceval

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 10, 2013, 11:25:51 AM »

Sorry Glenn but no this doesn't clear everything up.

Take 2nd prize ( as an example)

Is the revised prize E1000 or $1000?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: