blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:52:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship Chat 2014-15 Season
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship Chat 2014-15 Season  (Read 103227 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: December 02, 2013, 08:58:34 AM »

Watford in the dung.  Another absolutely dreadful performance.
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 02, 2013, 11:10:42 AM »

Owing Coil gone    ......     how on earth did he last that long?

Only one other football manager can beat him for trotting out excuses, Brendan Rodgers - and I think he'll get found out soon.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 02, 2013, 01:04:38 PM »

Only one other football manager can beat him for trotting out excuses, Brendan Rodgers - and I think he'll get found out soon.

Leeds vs Wigan midweek should be interesting who they have looking after the team.

Leeds pushing this to be a big crowd by giving away 14000 tickets!
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 02, 2013, 02:01:52 PM »

Leeds vs Wigan midweek should be interesting who they have looking after the team.

Excellent idea - why, oh why the 'businessmen' running football into the ground cannot fathom that empty seats generate bugger-all income, I'll never comprehend!

If two thirds of those 14k only spend a fiver on food/drinks/merchandise another 50 odd grand could be added to the clubs cash flow from a game against unattractive opposition.

There's plenty of kids/skint people/lapsed fans who'd love free/discounted tickets to a game      .....     get 'em hooked & they'll return.

Watford used to do 'Quid-a-Kid' schemes and they'd sell out for 'fan frenzy' matches against Preston etc.

Good marketing ploy by Leeds.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 02, 2013, 02:20:57 PM »

Excellent idea - why, oh why the 'businessmen' running football into the ground cannot fathom that empty seats generate bugger-all income, I'll never comprehend!

If two thirds of those 14k only spend a fiver on food/drinks/merchandise another 50 odd grand could be added to the clubs cash flow from a game against unattractive opposition.

There's plenty of kids/skint people/lapsed fans who'd love free/discounted tickets to a game      .....     get 'em hooked & they'll return.

Watford used to do 'Quid-a-Kid' schemes and they'd sell out for 'fan frenzy' matches against Preston etc.

agree 100% you have to engage the locals, offer freebies, incentives etc..we had a vacuum in our fan base from the last ten years of Bates, where he stopped all local initiatives.

Along with this freebie thing, all Leeds Rhinos season ticket holders get in for £10 this week.  Not rocket science but great for swelling the numbers.
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 02, 2013, 03:57:02 PM »

Steve Cotterill coming in for a huge amount of support.

Massive sigh.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 02, 2013, 06:29:21 PM »

The Wednesday market is changing all the time. The bookies don't really have a clue yet.

Steve Evans now favourite. Before that it was Cotterill, then Warnock, previously Pearce.

I lumped on Stuart Pearce at 33/1 last Wednesday (hope what I heard turns out to be true) and the price dropped to 2/1.

Doesn't take a lot to move the market.

Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 03, 2013, 01:08:43 AM »

Steve Evans 4/6 in a place for Thowls.

If I were a Thowl, I'd be tempted to become Terblade if Terclown came in.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 03, 2013, 08:20:43 AM »

Owing Coil gone    ......     how on earth did he last that long?

There's plenty of kids/skint people/lapsed fans who'd love free/discounted tickets to a game      .....     get 'em hooked & they'll return.

Erm the cost of stewarding, staff for additional kiosks, food, food write offs, cost of producing tickets, sending tickets out

Doubt they will make anything from it, and hardly any would return when it's £30 per ticket.

Our CEO, the best in the league, and in the UK has the marketing and pricing spot on.

RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 03, 2013, 10:26:38 AM »

A close friend of mine played for him at one of his previous clubs.

All I can say is he'd be looking much more closely at our relegation odds and that in his opinion he would be way out of his depth.

On my bet mentioned earlier in this thread, it appears sometimes some people place a very high value on their services :-(
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 03, 2013, 10:29:38 AM »

A close friend of mine played for him at one of his previous clubs.

All I can say is he'd be looking much more closely at our relegation odds and that in his opinion he would be way out of his depth.

On my bet mentioned earlier in this thread, it appears sometimes some people place a very high value on their services :-(

Apparently, he's turned down the opportunity to speak to them today.  They requested permission from Rotherham yesterday.

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
aaron1867

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 03, 2013, 10:50:58 AM »

At least it's not Cotterill.

I'd take Warnock.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 03, 2013, 11:16:54 AM »

Owing Coil gone    ......     how on earth did he last that long?

There's plenty of kids/skint people/lapsed fans who'd love free/discounted tickets to a game      .....     get 'em hooked & they'll return.

Erm the cost of stewarding, staff for additional kiosks, food, food write offs, cost of producing tickets, sending tickets out

Doubt they will make anything from it, and hardly any would return when it's £30 per ticket.

Our CEO, the best in the league, and in the UK has the marketing and pricing spot on.

I don't think the point is actually making money from them free tickets at this match. Its all about introducing new people and fans to Elland road, bringing back people, creating fans for tomorrow.
Sheriff Fatman
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 03, 2013, 11:31:16 AM »

At least it's not Cotterill.

I'd take Warnock.

I can see why you'd want someone with such a proven track record but surely this would be as divisive as when Wilson went to United?

I would imagine you'd have the same hardcore of supporters who would simply refuse to accept him from Day 1, which ultimately curtails his longevity in the role.  Whether or not that would extend to protests taking place in the car park at the press conference announcing his appointment remains to be seen.

Can you realistically envisage it happening?

"...And If You Flash Him A Smile He'll Take Your Teeth As Deposit..."
"Sheriff Fatman" - Carter the Unstoppable Sex Machine

2006 Blonde Caption Comp Ultimate Champion (to be replaced by actual poker achievements when I have any)

GUKPT Online Main Event Winner 2008 (yay, a poker achievement!)
Longines
Gamesmaster

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 03, 2013, 11:52:04 AM »

Given that Warnock snubbed Mandaric at Pompey and Mandaric returned the favour at Leicester I'd be surprised if those two ended up working together.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 ... 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: