blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 10:21:12 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship Chat 2014-15 Season
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship Chat 2014-15 Season  (Read 103233 times)
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: September 15, 2014, 06:13:37 PM »

Seems settled.  I went to Charlton on Saturday and we absolutely battered them.  How we lost I have no idea - Charlton scored an early penalty and then played like the away side.  Mind you, the Addicks defended well I must say and for all the possession there weren't any real sitters created.

Just read Garcia has gone to hospital after minor chest pains, so will miss the trip to Blackpool tomorrow.  Think long term we look good, but I'd skip Tuesday's game given we will be short odds anyway + manager not there.

We battered Charlton too, should have been about 6-2!

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: September 18, 2014, 09:12:34 AM »

Oscar Garcia is likely going to have to resign on medical grounds Sad  All the best Oscar.
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: September 18, 2014, 08:34:09 PM »

Wtf?

Hope he is okay.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: September 20, 2014, 08:18:23 PM »

Been in hospital for 4 days with a heart issue. Hope he can carry on but not the most stress free occupation.
RickBFA

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: September 20, 2014, 08:42:22 PM »

Seen Wednesday and Reading today.

Bad tempered surprisingly physical game.

Reading were a big side, came to get a draw/pinch a 1-0 win.

A year ago they would have comfortably turned over Wednesday with their performance today. Not now. Gray has turned Wednesday into a real unit with team spirit that I've not seen for a long, long time.

Wednesday are unbelievably resilient now. Conceded very few goals. Westwood in goal is commanding, Lees at centre half is a tremendous player, amazed Leeds let him leave in the summer, he's composed, great positional sense and great in the air.

Wednesday lack a creative edge especially with Hutchinson and Lee (our best and most creative midfielders) injured.

We ground out a result with Stevie May scoring a deflected free kick.

Great to see us win in front of 29,800 fans.

If nothing else it allows me to dream briefly that good times will return after 15 years in the wilderness (in reality a top 10 finish will be a result and progress).

Going to enjoy my glass of red wine tonight :-)
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: September 20, 2014, 11:54:20 PM »

Looking forward to my trip to see the Champions elect at Brighton in a months time.......

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: September 21, 2014, 12:15:03 AM »

Looking forward to my trip to see the Champions elect at Brighton in a months time.......

Do you think your lot are in with a shout, Stu?

I've got a monkey liability on Boro with a mate, and almost chucked a pony on them the other week to close it.

Decided to take the sweat instead, and they've reeled off 3 on the spin Cheesy

rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #682 on: September 21, 2014, 07:34:20 AM »

As a Brentford fan, I watched the game online today. Easily our worst performance of the season (perhaps of the year?) and we deservedly got spanked. Couldn't string two passes together in the Boro have and let ourselves down. We were unlucky in mid-week against Norwich when we really were the better team for the first hour and then had a stone waller turned down but yesterday we really never looked likely to get anything from the game. Boro looked organised and did what they needed but there'll be way tougher tests.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:37:27 AM by rinswun » Logged

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: September 21, 2014, 10:38:04 AM »

Enjoy, you'll destroy us.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: September 25, 2014, 03:13:19 PM »

I've got a monkey liability on Boro with a mate, and almost chucked a pony on them the other week to close it.

Sorry mate - just seen this.  Yes.  I think they should be favourites now and I am normally pretty bearish on their chances.  They just look to be a very well drilled unit now.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: September 25, 2014, 03:48:03 PM »

Sorry mate - just seen this.  Yes.  I think they should be favourites now and I am normally pretty bearish on their chances.  They just look to be a very well drilled unit now.

No worries, but not the news I wanted Cheesy

They looked pretty good against Liverpool on Wednesday, and have started stringing a few results together in the league.

Championship has so many teams closely matched, I suppose any of the first 5/6 in the market have a shout.

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: September 29, 2014, 01:22:51 PM »

FFS - Garcia gone as Watford manager replaced by Billy McKinley.  What a mess this season has been.

All the best Oscar with your health issues.  Thought he was going to be great for us but it wasn't to be.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: October 01, 2014, 09:35:38 AM »

Vydra scored a blinder last night.  We're level top and still playing badly.  Guess this means we will either drop away or romp it.  Brighton at home Saturday.
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: October 01, 2014, 09:15:40 PM »

Did you go yesterday Dung? I thought, bar for first 20 mins and the last 5 when they were chasing the game, Brentford were the better side. Watford scored twice when Brentford were on top, but fair play on Vydra's goal. What a strike!

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: October 02, 2014, 10:25:41 AM »

Yes - thought it was a pretty disappointing performance from Watford.  Been the same story most of the season - disjointed stuff bailed out by individual moments of brilliance.  My hope is that it is understandable given that we are on manager number 3 already this season, and once it comes together then we will really push on given we are joint first even now.  The worry is that this is true level though and we've just been lucky, although I suspect that isn't the case.  Bear in mind yesterday we had injuries to Deeney, Abdi, Angella and Forestieri who are arguably the most influential players in the squad.

Brentford played well I thought - don't think they'll have any trouble staying up.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: