blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 02:32:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Championship Chat 2014-15 Season
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Championship Chat 2014-15 Season  (Read 103241 times)
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: September 01, 2014, 12:01:24 AM »

Oscar Garcia red hot favourite for Watford job.  hmmmm - don't remember you Brighton boys being too bothered when he left you!

Just people who are clueless about football. He was given a mandate to baby sit a squad for a year until contracts expired then he would get the chance to build his own squad. This obviously never happened because he had to leave 'for personal reasons' despite all that he got us to the playoffs.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #661 on: September 01, 2014, 12:06:00 AM »

Oscar Garcia red hot favourite for Watford job.  hmmmm - don't remember you Brighton boys being too bothered when he left you!

Just people who are clueless about football. He was given a mandate to baby sit a squad for a year until contracts expired then he would get the chance to build his own squad. This obviously never happened because he had to leave 'for personal reasons' despite all that he got us to the playoffs.

Tony bloom said he gave us his list of targets. All out of budget or unavailable.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: September 01, 2014, 12:30:39 AM »

Tony bloom said he gave us his list of targets. All out of budget or unavailable.

Then after all the contracts expired we released them to give the club a much bigger budget.

luther101

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: September 01, 2014, 04:28:02 PM »

Sannino gone.  Absolutely ridiculous.  12 points from 15 and second in the table.

Players rule the roost at Vicarage Road.  And there I was thinking what a madhouse Leeds was a few days ago.

Tried to get B365 to give me odds on Di Mateo next Watford manager back in June ("not currently offering    .....", blah, blah, blah) - after a little bird whispered in my ear.

Garcia (interviewed this week) has drifted from 1/3 to 4/6 since this morning - Houghton 3rd fav @ 5/1 "was being seriously considered two weeks ago but last week we were told he was no longer in the running" (today's Wobby)    ...     two other candidates being considered - names unkown (Wobby).

Roberto Di 8/1 yesterday    ....    drifted to 12s today - backed in to 10s is the Loofah tip (with a fiver saver on Tim Sherwood @ 33/1).

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: September 01, 2014, 05:13:10 PM »

RDM into 8/1 now Loofer.

Think it will be Garcia though.  Feels like a good fit and a safe choice.  At the risk of sounding arrogant, the first choice team this season pretty much runs itself if they stay away from injuries.  Lots of leaders in there now.
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 01, 2014, 05:31:04 PM »

Dung - just going on the pre-season tippery     ......      plus the dramatic drift on Garcia, who is bizarrely evs fav for the Leeds job -  being currently interviewed by Cellini, according to SKY (Grayson - 3rd fav - has apparently just ruled himself out for the Leeds post)    ......     all very confusing!

Tip was based on Roberto frequenting the Vic for various games last season with his pal, Son of Don Pozo - his desire to only manage in the South - and the arse-end of his Chelski contract running down/out.

Football???   Bloody stupid game    .....

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: September 01, 2014, 05:35:43 PM »

Feels like team being in 2nd is almost a negative in attracting a manager.  If we go up they'll get far less credit than if we were 12th after 5 games.  If we end up in playoffs and lose it will be perceived as a poor effort from where we are.

This is of course nonsense after only 5 games, but just think it's psychologically a weird one.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: September 02, 2014, 10:59:56 AM »

Garcia to be confirmed this afternoon Loofa.

Think it's a safe pair of hands and a good choice for a squad which should already have sufficient quality to mount a promotion challenge without tinkering.
luther101

View Profile
« Reply #668 on: September 02, 2014, 02:39:10 PM »

Dung - apparently Di Matteo was 'considered' a while back, and Hughton was almost offered the job two weeks ago (Sanino must be soooooooooo proud of his ex-bosses) - have we ended up with another 'stop-gapper'?   ....    I hope not!

I'm always a bit suspicious of 'highly regarded' managers whose track record elsewhere are rather sketchy - but there again, it was Brighton     ....     a two bob club with their heads so far up their own arses (no gay pun intended), with a very average squad.

Let's see what he can achieve with a plethora of 'proper players' at his command    .....     (fuse lit, Sussex Semtex Squad primed).
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: September 02, 2014, 02:44:55 PM »

I definitely feel bad for Beppe - his position has been undermined for weeks it would seem.  I think we dodged a bullet with Hughton - that Norwich team he had were so negative.

I'm happy with Garcia - proven pedigree even if some Brighton fans don't seem to rate him.

Good luck to Sannino in the future. 
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: September 02, 2014, 11:28:58 PM »

Barcelona B. Won Isralei league, took our weak squad to playoffs despite all sorts of personal matters.

Watford in great shape, be good to see them go up.

anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: September 03, 2014, 08:04:18 AM »

I definitely feel bad for Beppe - his position has been undermined for weeks it would seem.  I think we dodged a bullet with Hughton - that Norwich team he had were so negative.

I'm happy with Garcia - proven pedigree even if some Brighton fans don't seem to rate him.

Hope you enjoy playing 3 defensive favoured midfielders at every game....he loved playing a 3 combo from Crofts/Andrews/Ince/Jake Forster Caskey/Stephens.

Luckily for you your weakness is your defence which he will improve!

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #672 on: September 03, 2014, 02:52:56 PM »

We had a squad that was strong defensively and weak offensively. He would have been an idiot to play an attacking style, he's not an idiot he's a professional who has spent all his life working in the sport and thus knows better than the legions of armchair fans who see every other game and zero training sessions.

FUN4FRASER

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: September 12, 2014, 09:22:01 PM »

Dung ...What is the latest vibe at Watford Towers Please  ?
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: September 15, 2014, 01:58:30 PM »

Seems settled.  I went to Charlton on Saturday and we absolutely battered them.  How we lost I have no idea - Charlton scored an early penalty and then played like the away side.  Mind you, the Addicks defended well I must say and for all the possession there weren't any real sitters created.

Just read Garcia has gone to hospital after minor chest pains, so will miss the trip to Blackpool tomorrow.  Think long term we look good, but I'd skip Tuesday's game given we will be short odds anyway + manager not there.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: