blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 30, 2024, 01:51:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272631 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  2013/14 Ashes thread
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 ... 49 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 2013/14 Ashes thread  (Read 72293 times)
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #630 on: December 26, 2013, 12:46:51 AM »

Australia go above us in the world rankings if they win 5-0

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 26, 2013, 01:21:34 AM »

Interesting Clarke chose to put us in, hopefully we get a score. Decent start, root looks iffy though

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #632 on: December 26, 2013, 11:05:16 AM »

Clarke has done England a favour. The last Test was the first time ever that a Test team has been set a target of over 500 for the fourth innings three matches in a row. By choosing to bowl, he has ensured it can't happen for a fourth time.
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #633 on: December 26, 2013, 07:09:45 PM »

Dunno what others think, but even out of form, prior would've been one of the last people if have dropped from the England side. Everyone is out form bar bell, and he's been an awesome
Performer over the years. Also seemed to be at least showing signs of improvement with the bat.
buzzharvey22

View Profile
« Reply #634 on: December 26, 2013, 07:49:52 PM »

I thought it was nice to see prior stay with the squad, shows a bit of commitment and not judt straight home to the family at christmas with "stress". Prior will be back, I hope!
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 26, 2013, 11:56:34 PM »

That pietersen shot sums it all up, irresponsible poor batting throughout the tour. Slogging across the line with broad test average in the mid 20s down the other end, well played.

stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 27, 2013, 04:39:12 AM »

That was one of the most ridiculous things ive ever seen. Brett Lee vs Piers Morgan, thought Brett might take a yard of pace off and pitch it up. [ ] That happened
BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 27, 2013, 01:13:59 PM »

He basically just bowls at his head incredible thought after 2 bouncers Morgan would be like I'm having none of this!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 27, 2013, 01:33:47 PM »

That was one of the most ridiculous things ive ever seen. Brett Lee vs Piers Morgan, thought Brett might take a yard of pace off and pitch it up. [ ] That happened

Quite a sight watching him try to evade the ball. Keep your eye on the ball, Piers!

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 28, 2013, 03:30:18 AM »

This is some of the most dense cricket I have ever seen from an England team. The players all need a break in my opinion. They all look shot mentally. I'd give them all a complete break and pick a completely different ODI XI.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 28, 2013, 03:33:25 AM »

Well this is just the most amazing game ever.

Piers. Get yer bat back out son.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: December 28, 2013, 08:47:58 AM »

This is some of the most dense cricket I have ever seen from an England team. The players all need a break in my opinion. They all look shot mentally. I'd give them all a complete break and pick a completely different ODI XI.

Astonishing how that Team has completely fallen apart, & so very quickly. World beaters in the Summer, & a laughing stock now.

This has to be a case of lack of mental fortitude under pressure, surely? Good players don't collectively become bad players overnight, do they?

I would think leadership (off-field) might be the issue, too.

Time for a complete clear out, perhaps. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
gouty

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: December 30, 2013, 02:56:18 AM »

Correct Camel. The whole tour has been a joke.

How Cook can say he is the man to be Capt. after his shot in the 2nd innings of 2nd test is beyond me. That was the dressing room gone in 1 shot.

Still gonna watch the last one though.
vegaslover

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: December 30, 2013, 08:49:41 AM »

Astonishing how that Team has completely fallen apart, & so very quickly. World beaters in the Summer, & a laughing stock now.

This has to be a case of lack of mental fortitude under pressure, surely? Good players don't collectively become bad players overnight, do they?

I would think leadership (off-field) might be the issue, too.

Time for a complete clear out, perhaps. 

They haven't become bad overnight though, has been evident for several series now. Got hammered in UAE. Got outplayed in New Zealand. Got lucky with the weather against a poor Aussie team in the summer, that and Bell saving England.

Management team is poor. Why the hell no cover for Prior on tour when he had been out of form all summer. Why take Ballance then not play him when he has been scoring runs and none of the test team have.

Why take 3 big quicks and not play any of them, when Broad apart the bowlers have been awful

Cook is a poor captain and it has been shown in this series.

Sad thing is the Aussie team isn't even good. The two best test teams by far are South Africa and India.

England need to bite the bullet and start rebuilding asap. The current team have got too comfortable

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: December 30, 2013, 09:54:39 AM »

The England batting has been an embarrassment all series.  Has there been a single good collective innings from 8 attempts?   How many times have we lost a cluster of wickets for a handful of runs? 
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 ... 49 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: