blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:45:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273109 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Crystal Palace FC Thread + Premiership Palaver
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crystal Palace FC Thread + Premiership Palaver  (Read 61459 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 08, 2013, 07:23:13 PM »

Tommo always looks overweight but it's his body shape as much as anything and he's fitter this season. Think the Premiership would find him out though.

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2013, 07:32:32 PM »

Was it really £6m up front we spent on Gayle btw?
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2013, 07:37:13 PM »

Heard anything about the interest in Lee Tomlin Ant?

Selhurst Park is believed to be about to be renamed the 12Bet stadium. Pretty incredible.

We have also done a medical on Maroune Chamakh, but no news of the sealed deal just yet. I think he could really prosper for us, especially with how we have the potential to really bring the best out of a typical target man.

[ ] target man

Good to see Palarse naming their ground after their groupon buy one get two ticket free deals Wink

Can't believe you paid £6M for Gayle, and £1.5M for Dobbie. Still think you can stay up though and even if you don't who cares, you'll be loaded in the championship.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2013, 07:42:04 PM »

Chamakh believe it or not was a very effective target man in France

Compared to Wilbraham he is like Pele

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2013, 08:12:02 PM »

Chamakh believe it or not was a very effective target man in France

Compared to Wilbraham he is like Pele

Think there is a possibility he just hasn't been given a proper chance in a system that might let him shine. It has been a long time since he was last considered a real success though, but I am feeling really good about this one.

Maybe this will be a rehash of the phenomenal Shipperley/Johnson combo that got us promoted last time, with Chamakh and Gayle Smiley
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2013, 10:29:41 PM »

Chamakh now officially signed. Exciting times at Palace and think we will get the best out of him.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2013, 10:44:05 AM »

Bent be a good signing

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2013, 02:29:38 PM »

Most likely going to Fulham unfortunately but yeh, if he signed for us it would be awesome.
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 13, 2013, 05:02:23 PM »

Are there any neutral pubs near selhurst park?
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2013, 12:04:40 AM »

Why would you need neutral? And I really am not sure to be honest. I know all pubs in Crystal Palace will be serving anyone and everyone on the day, but that is because it is a hefty walk to Selhurst Park from there. About 40 mins. Otherwise assume all pubs in Thornton Heath/South Norwood will be either home or away.
Nem

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2013, 11:04:34 AM »

Why would you need neutral? And I really am not sure to be honest. I know all pubs in Crystal Palace will be serving anyone and everyone on the day, but that is because it is a hefty walk to Selhurst Park from there. About 40 mins. Otherwise assume all pubs in Thornton Heath/South Norwood will be either home or away.

I'm a Spurs supporter.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2013, 11:28:28 AM »

Nearly certain there are away pubs. I think there is one right near the ground in the Prince George, right next to the chippie too. Here is a link on the supporter's website from last year about it and they say a lot more pubs are fine with the away fans.

http://www.cpfc.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-95288.html

Would imagine the atmosphere on the day in most places is going to be happy enough anyway as we are all gratefully excited by the game. And also excited by the prospect of no Bale Smiley

Will have to worry about that Soldado though!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2013, 06:50:10 PM »

OMG Palace are now 1/5 to get Darren Bent. Would be over the moon with this. Would mean we would by probably start Chamakh and Bent with Gayle as well in a sort of front three. Holloway has mentioned we are no longer going to play like we did last season formation wise so I do wonder if it will be more like how it was at Blackpool where I believe he played more of a 4-3-3, rather than having a lone striker.

Still no news on a defender which really baffles me. I think Holloway watched our three games in the playoffs where we didn't concede once in 300 mins agaianst two very good sides and thought, yep, they can cut it in the prem.

Our left back in the absence of an injured Jonathon Parr will be Dean Moxey against Spurs. He wasnt the best for most of last season defensively for us and is hugely susceptible to a half decent winger. Saying that he was in beast mode during the Playoffs. A real interesting call from Holloway defensively, for sure.
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2013, 06:51:01 PM »

why do you think Darren Bent would be a good signing for you?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2013, 07:42:27 PM »

A proven finisher. I think he was unfairly treated at Villa and think he could prove the difference for us with his goals.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: