blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 05:19:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273107 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Crystal Palace FC Thread + Premiership Palaver
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crystal Palace FC Thread + Premiership Palaver  (Read 61455 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: August 21, 2013, 07:52:11 PM »

Has Oyston moved to Palace?

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 21, 2013, 08:57:38 PM »

Lol I think that us four ex Blackpool players for us now? Dobbie, Phillips, Puncheon, Grandin.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 21, 2013, 09:00:27 PM »

If he signed for us i would be disappointed, as a prem team this has to be a joke.

30 odd games in the prem last season, 6 goals and is a decent threat. What is not to like? And surely you have to be joking that you wouldnt want him in the Championship? Last time he was there he was outrageous for Millwall, nearly on a goal a game.
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 21, 2013, 10:13:34 PM »

If he signed for us i would be disappointed, as a prem team this has to be a joke.

30 odd games in the prem last season, 6 goals and is a decent threat. What is not to like? And surely you have to be joking that you wouldnt want him in the Championship? Last time he was there he was outrageous for Millwall, nearly on a goal a game.

lol he had 7 appearances for Millwall.

His career is hardly one to get excited about is it, bouncing about League 1/Championship clubs on load, couldn't get in the QPR team that got relegated. If this is an exciting signing for Palace then it further illustrates what the great David 'Dubai' Shallow was saying about how backing Palace to get relegated is like getting a 57% interest account from the bank.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2013, 05:56:52 AM »

Quote from: Ant040689 link=topic=6153I .msg1829399#msg1829399 date=1377115227

lol he had 7 appearances for Millwall.

His career is hardly one to get excited about is it, bouncing about League 1/Championship clubs on load, couldn't get in the QPR team that got relegated. If this is an exciting signing for Palace then it further illustrates what the great David 'Dubai' Shallow was saying about how backing Palace to get relegated is like getting a 57% interest account from the bank.

I agreed with all the things I could relate to on that podcast with him up until that. I think some real naughty assumptions about how our whole squad are close to championship standard and will find it hard to make a good account of ourselves. I think we will and i think it will be a closely run thing. I am assuming Dubai doesn't realise that we had 6, who I deem could be lower prem quality already in our team, and written us off because Murray is unavailable for half the season and Zaha left. Perhaps he fell into the Palace bashing trap.

Saying that I am nowhere near close to be confident enough to put my money where my mouth is but give me say 5 games and ishould have a good idea.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2013, 08:59:00 AM »

Have to say I agree with Flushy on this one - feels a solid but uninspiring signing. 

Can't believe how excited all your fans are on the Palace forum about this.  50 page thread and hailing him like the arrival of Messi!
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2013, 12:01:44 PM »

I was loving the end of the last season, the prospect of going up and bringing in loads of quality players to have a go at staying up. As fans you have been robbed of this fun. I realise the board are taking the £100m and running, using it to fix the stadium, build for the future etc but its just a bit disappointing as a fan surely?

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2013, 02:39:59 PM »

Yup dung agree he isn't worth hailing over too much but I think it will be a positive move for both parties!

I think Flushy it is unfair on Palace to suggest we are trying to be tight. Spent £12m with the Gayle signing and others. Also had a lot of signings fall through like Gosling and Bent. We are linked with a Nancy striker Mollo, and Yossi Benayoun and a few others.

I think that generally people are underestimating our capabilities for prem footie mainly as everyones opinion is so disgracefully low of us. But again give me 5 games or so and i will give my season long prediction. Annoying though that up until then Bolasie may be out and it would be nice to see his effect.

Off to the Brittania stadium on Saturday in all likelihood, excited about that and thinking about the double chance bet at around evens for Palace and the draw.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:06:16 PM by Ant040689 » Logged
Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 23, 2013, 03:05:17 AM »

Well when the team is weaker than it was in the Championship and i think I'm right in saying that for the second half of the season you were in bottom 6 or even 4, it's not hard to see why people think the team won't cut it in the prem. As i said before with Gayle its hardly exciting snapping someone up who scored 13 goals in the league below on route to his team getting relegated, if anyone else had gone up he would be playing for a Championship side now.

Being linked with/having signings fall through is great. I can link Accrington Stanley with Bale, Ronaldo and Messi its not much use though.

Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 23, 2013, 07:29:52 PM »

Well when the team is weaker than it was in the Championship and i think I'm right in saying that for the second half of the season you were in bottom 6 or even 4, it's not hard to see why people think the team won't cut it in the prem. As i said before with Gayle its hardly exciting snapping someone up who scored 13 goals in the league below on route to his team getting relegated, if anyone else had gone up he would be playing for a Championship side now.

Being linked with/having signings fall through is great. I can link Accrington Stanley with Bale, Ronaldo and Messi its not much use though.

The run at the end of last season was an odd one. I think it correlated heavily with the demise of Murray who was not at the races! But also could have been because that we were not getting punished for our form so we were never really pushed to change it to remain in the playoffs.

With the linked players i guess it is more a point of that we are trying to get guys in rather than rest on our laurels. I think it is a case of getting a good deal rather than be bent over a barrel.

Enjoyed Poyet commenting on the Palace Brighton game on MOTD 2 through gritted teeth just as a random point. Not as a fek you to the Brighton fans but more to him personally.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2013, 03:41:53 AM »

Confirmed going to the Brittania today, anyone else been. Any good?

From TV, the atmosphere there sounds amazing.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2013, 08:28:13 AM »

Scrap that no longer going, don't advise late night dodgy pizza. Wrecked.

I think today hinges on if Wilbraham starts or not.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2013, 08:28:40 AM »

I think he would be best used as a super sub.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2013, 03:36:35 PM »

YES CHAMAKH!!!!!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2013, 03:39:54 PM »

Palace all over Stoke
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: