blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 07:00:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273113 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Crystal Palace FC Thread + Premiership Palaver
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crystal Palace FC Thread + Premiership Palaver  (Read 61475 times)
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #315 on: October 07, 2013, 09:03:23 AM »

Yeah - that Fulham game looks a biggie and very winnable.  They deserved to lose at home to Stoke imo.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #316 on: October 07, 2013, 07:02:57 PM »

Well done poyet at least palarse will come rock bottom now Smiley

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 08, 2013, 09:47:34 AM »

Think that's a good appointment for Sunderland if they are thinking longer term. Hope they give him a decent crack of the whip and don't just boot him out if they do go down.  That squad is definitely one of the 3 weakest in the division I think.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 08, 2013, 01:20:40 PM »

Don't know why you are backing him Anthonyl, he said he had took your club to the ceiling and treated you like what you left in our changing rooms. I think he could well be overrated, and would like for him to get Sunderland relegated obviously, as Palace need some help for a replacement 3 to go down!
anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 08, 2013, 07:16:28 PM »

He is an idiot but he still took us from bottom 4 in league one, to the best team on points from jan to may last season in the champ.

He has set us up well for the future. Feelings will improve if they stay up at the expense of palarse.

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 08, 2013, 08:39:47 PM »

He's clearly a nob, but happens to be a nob that i like, gl to the fella

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 21, 2013, 12:19:24 PM »

Huge game tonight and it will be the first one this season I will be watching live in the stands.

All I want to hear pre match is that Puncheon and Bolasie are starting, and what I hope to see is the tried and tested 4-2-3-1 with two wide wingers.

Play that and I think we may have a chance.

If we play the 4-3-3, I think it is going to be more of the same attacking dross. I think that was what Blackpool used to play under Holloway and that seemed to work for them in an attacking sense but not at all for us. We know only two ways at Palace, the 4-4-2 and the 4-2-3-1, lets not over complicate things.

The side I want to see tonight:

Speroni
Ward Gabbidon Delaney Moxey
          O'Keefe Dikagcoi (Campana if Dik is injured)
Puncheon  Bannan   Bolasie
             Chamakh

I wouldn't mind a 4-4-2 either with Gayle partnering Chamakh, with Dikagcoi being dropped.

I want to see Jedinak dropped as if he wasn't our captain or our player of the year last season I think his recent form would warrantit, has been calamitous recently. Of O'Keefe and KG, both have been steady and both are hard into a tackle and would provide the defensive cover.

Bannan over Campana in the hole for me as he has been performing for Scotland of late, thinking in particular the game against Macedonia and think we could be onto a treat if we get him going.

Chamakh over Gayle up front, just because of the strength attributes and how Chamakh can hold up the ball and link play better. However, easiest sub in the world later in the match, with Gayle's capability for being dangerous off of the last man.

Of Cameron Jerome, I just don't like the guy, he isn't very effective. And the same goes to Kebe, terrible signings for me. I hope I am proved dramatically wrong there though. Of Jerome Thomas, I haven't made my mind up, but I am not holding my breath. I am annoyed with the amount of wingers we have at the club tbh, not sure what Holloway was thinking, it can't be good for team morale signing players that will prove only to get 30 mins here or there, if any gametime at all.

Also I don't think we needed Jerome in, as we already had two strikers, for the sort of 1 central attacker role we have.

Think Guediora is lightweight too from what I have seen, a little flimsy and unreliable, but again redic early judgements on all the new guys.

Joel Ward has been the shining light and I think if he carries on at the rate he is going he will be alerted to Roy Hodgson as an outside chance of filling his right back position. I use OUTSIDE CHANCE, before any of you think I am deliberately trying to provoke you, as in his name may be mentioned when looking at candidates. The OPTA stats say Ward has made the most tackles in the Prem which is mightily impressive, and generally when players are up against him, he stands firm and makes it very tough.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11096/8975455/unsung-heroes

Moxey is a liability defensively and I would like to see Parr back but not sure he is fit yet.

Generally, I am loving the chance to watch all of the players live, so i can see them off the ball and get a much better feel as to what we are getting wrong and doing right.

If you thought this write up was long you should wait and see what I will be writing post match tonight. I hope the performance tonight, fires up my hopes for us doing well this season.

UP THE PALACE!
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: October 21, 2013, 12:31:11 PM »

Joel ward for England? Just brilliant.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #323 on: October 21, 2013, 12:57:01 PM »

Very big game tonight.  I fear for Palace if they lose this one. 
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 21, 2013, 06:23:46 PM »

Very big game tonight.  I fear for Palace if they lose this one. 

That is the general feeling among Palace fans.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 21, 2013, 07:07:01 PM »

Hmm thought about for a little bit and it isn't the end of the world, losing tonight. It's from the point where we look like a decent tight knit unit that I will start judging us because at the moment we aren't even as good as last year. I think we have a squad good enough to click and roar home to 15th place by seasons end too. Just awful atm. Bolasie is key to our revival, I hope he looks a lot sharper than he did against the 'pool tonight.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 21, 2013, 07:33:44 PM »

Crystal Palace
01 Speroni
02 Ward
21 Moxey
15 Jedinak
03 Mariappa
27 Delaney
13 Puncheon
12 O'Keefe
16 Gayle
06 CampaƱa
07 Bolasie

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 21, 2013, 09:03:29 PM »

lol bolasie is an abs clown.

anthonyl
Old blog:

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: October 21, 2013, 09:24:33 PM »

Arsenal up next.....

Matt.NFFC.

View Profile
« Reply #329 on: October 21, 2013, 09:52:49 PM »

Fulham fans win chant of the year IMO.

"We're winning away, we're winning awaaaaaayyyy"

"How shit must you be, we're winning away"