blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 16, 2024, 04:40:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2273104 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Crystal Palace FC Thread + Premiership Palaver
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 37 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Crystal Palace FC Thread + Premiership Palaver  (Read 61452 times)
Chompy

Expert

View Profile
« Reply #330 on: October 21, 2013, 10:13:39 PM »

We'll take Gayle back for 350k

"I know we must all worship at the Church of Chomps, but statements like this are just plain ridic. He says he can't get a bet on, but we all know he can."
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 21, 2013, 10:15:39 PM »

On the way home atm. That was shocking tbh, very slow in the midfield throughout, only looked like some sort of threat when Chamakh came on and we reverted to a 4-4-2.

Think we were unfortunate for them to score two worldies to negate our goal, they were superb goals, that first one has to be goal of the season so far.

Wind out of our sails at that point at 1-2, then we really did look poor. Think long ball to Chamakh as our main strategy is the best way to go as we are shit in midfield.
anthonyl
Old blog:

www.lindfield1984.blogspot.com

View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 21, 2013, 11:39:32 PM »

Fulham fans win chant of the year IMO.

"We're winning away, we're winning awaaaaaayyyy"

"How shit must you be, we're winning away"

Golden.

What? Other than the fact the song has been sung by teams for the last two years.

The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #333 on: October 22, 2013, 12:07:32 AM »

Love Ollie.

Deserves better than that floppy haired arse of a chairman.

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 22, 2013, 12:18:20 AM »

Fulham fans win chant of the year IMO.

"We're winning away, we're winning awaaaaaayyyy"

"How shit must you be, we're winning away"

Golden.

What? Other than the fact the song has been sung by teams for the last two years.

Some comedy chants tonight that some of you might not have heard from Palace.

"Premierleague, we're having a laugh..."

"Lets pretend that we just scored, lets pretend that we just scored......(roars of celebration, mystifying the fans that weren't listening to the chant)

"We're Crystal Palace, we're not very good"

"Lets all do the conga, lalalala" they got about 10 going before they all disbanded after becoming embarrassingly self aware.

"We're gonna win 5-4"

Generally terrible support from Palace fans tonight. We were really loud at the beginning, but I think we all were just in awe of Kasami's equaliser, and we couldn't recover on the noise front at all.

Fulham fans were good, loud, and in good numbers, going against what I thought their away support was about in, not that many, and quite quiet. It must be because this is a local derby?
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 22, 2013, 12:20:24 AM »

I would feel rathersick if he played in front of me while i sat on the bench. Never ever a prem player. Much like most of the Palace side tbh.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 22, 2013, 12:20:58 AM »

Love Ollie.

Deserves better than that floppy haired arse of a chairman.

The chairman you are referring to is awesome. There is nothing to dislike about him. I think you just don't like the look of him or maybe comparing him to Jordan as they look vaguely similar.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #337 on: October 22, 2013, 12:26:07 AM »

I would feel rathersick if he played in front of me while i sat on the bench. Never ever a prem player. Much like most of the Palace side tbh.

Yeh he doesn't look the finished article atm. Maybe it had something to do with him playing up front by himself. We looked a lot better with him partnering Chamakh in a 4-4-2 in the second half. I never thought Gayle should be worth anything over £5mill though.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 22, 2013, 12:29:31 AM »

We are not good enough to play the ball on the floor in the midfield and think we need to play a conventional 4-4-2 and a big hoofball game to Chamakh and press on from that. We are desperately lacking players capable of passing at this standard. So negative and slow with the movement that we were never going to create anything and we never did have a clear goalscoring chance aside from the first one which in itself was quite fortunate.

Worrying times. I do think Holloway has to realise we are out of our depth technically, in this league and try to work out a system to work on our limited strengths. Whatever they are. I do not envy his job but I do have faith.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 22, 2013, 12:57:24 AM »

One last point.

the 1-4 result flattered Fulham. They scored two goals that were unstoppable, then with our heads down they got two more from untypically sloppy Palace defending from corners.

From open play, aside from the two worldies, they were bang average, or were made to look so by Palace. Perhaps the game would have been entirely different without those wonder goals coming out of nowhere.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 22, 2013, 08:55:46 AM »

What is going on with Chamakh's haircut please?  What's that bit at the back?  And its long on one side and short on the other up top?

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 22, 2013, 09:24:04 AM »

One last point.

the 1-4 result flattered Fulham. They scored two goals that were unstoppable, then with our heads down they got two more from untypically sloppy Palace defending from corners.

From open play, aside from the two worldies, they were bang average, or were made to look so by Palace. Perhaps the game would have been entirely different without those wonder goals coming out of nowhere.

But the problem was they absolutely took the piss with passing the ball around and keeping possession in the second half, it was so one sided and Palace could not even complete 2 passes together.
DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #342 on: October 22, 2013, 10:28:58 AM »

Will Ollie get the bullet, or is the understanding that the team are happy to take the money, invest in the stadium, go down and come back stronger the next year and hence he is under no pressure?

Feels harsh to sack him - they obviously haven't spent enough money to compete.  Unless they think another manager can attract better players in the next transfer window, but they might be marooned by then. 

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #343 on: October 22, 2013, 10:30:18 PM »

He sounded really negative and downbeat in his post match interview last night, wouldn't be surprised if he was sacked in the next few days.
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 23, 2013, 12:45:03 PM »

What is going on with Chamakh's haircut please?  What's that bit at the back?  And its long on one side and short on the other up top?

It's art for me. You get something new from it, every time you see it.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 ... 37 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: