blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:20:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Pocket Queens:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pocket Queens:  (Read 114498 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #270 on: January 07, 2016, 09:04:32 PM »

I miss Natterley

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 11, 2016, 08:16:35 AM »

^^^

You are not alone David.

I wrote to them both a month or so ago, as neither Adam or Natterley has posted Next Door either, & Adam replied that they were both busy on "catch up" with work.

This morning, another player posted that Adam & Natalie had both been at the GPPT (?) "warm up" in the 235 Club in Manchester last week.

So both of them are fine, just busy with work. 

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #272 on: January 11, 2016, 10:57:21 PM »

Hello hello

What a lovely thing, to know that there are people out there who miss you when you are not in their lives! How very kind of you to comment.

This diary has been playing on my mind for some time now and I am very very aware that I need to catch up with you all. Tikay has summed it up perfectly in his post above, so I won't regurgitate.

I have half a post written. I will be back asap!

Don't forget about me 
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 12, 2016, 09:23:50 PM »

Mrs B

is it fair to say that when not in claret and blue you would not be a fan of joey barton as a person or a footballer?

now in claret and blue, you sing his praises to the rafters frequently

--

in my time as a supporter i have two of these. david speedie and robbie savage. hated them when not playing for my team, then we signed them...

did you go through a tortured process of mentally transforming a player from demon to idol or was it seamless?

any other burnley players over time that you've disliked before you sign them?

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #274 on: January 12, 2016, 11:47:03 PM »

Now then. There's a question.

Prior to arriving at Turf Moor, I confess that I HATED Joey Barton. As a man and as a footballer. I had nothing positive to say about the despicable little cretin and adopted a zero tolerance strategy.

There are players who get categorised as "hate them if they play against you; love them if they play for you". I put the likes of Savage, Diouf and Bellamy in that field (although none of these played in a Claret shirt). Then there was Joey Barton. I genuinely believed that you hated the guy even if he played for you!

When the news broke that we were trying to sign him, I was gutted, but I said almost immediately that he would be an outstanding signing for "football reasons". The transition from demon to hero shouldn't have been seamless, but it was, and it wasn't through anything I did. It was all Joey. What you don't see outside of the "Joey Barton Circus" is the level in which he immerses himself in your club. He meets everyone. He learns the very ethos of the club's spirit. And he adopts it. Before he even kicked a ball, he had impressed me. I have turned into a massive Fangirl.

I do believe that the Barton we see today is very different to the one of 10 years ago, and I am not sure I would have felt the same way if I had been a QPR fan when he signed for them. I don't say that to dilute his past, but I believe he has changed. The man paid the price for his wrongdoings and I guess you shouldn't punish someone for the rest of their life for making a mistake(s).

There have been no other players from this category at Burnley in my lifetime. The closest we usually get is when someone signs for us who used to play for Venky's United down at Deadwood Park (*spits*). There's an unwritten rule that you cannot play for both clubs, but a few have; Alan Mahon, David May and Andy Cole all crossed the divide and came out alive!

Anyone else got any experience of this?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 15, 2016, 10:30:10 PM »

your favourite does the business at Brentford

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #276 on: January 16, 2016, 12:33:00 AM »

^^ Meh. What do I know?! ^^
hiamchris

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 18, 2016, 01:28:30 PM »

Hi,

I also didn't particularly like Barton much when he signed but football wise he has been sensational.

One nice little touch from him... when a player was down injured getting treatment and he was waiting to take a free kick he threw the ball to some kids at the front of the James Hargreaves stand so they could head it back and he did it for a few minutes.

I don't expect him to if we don't go up but really hope he's still here next season.

David Jones is another to play at Deadwood before moving to us and also current target Alan Judge would be another (really hope we don't pay 8 Million for him).

DungBeetle

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 18, 2016, 03:53:45 PM »

I remember being on a terrace at an away game when Kerry Dixon was playing for Watford (having been at Luton) and there was a punch up between pro and ante Dixon fans.  It was pretty nasty.

Matt Spring had no such issues though several years later.
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #279 on: January 18, 2016, 11:28:16 PM »

Hi,

I also didn't particularly like Barton much when he signed but football wise he has been sensational.

One nice little touch from him... when a player was down injured getting treatment and he was waiting to take a free kick he threw the ball to some kids at the front of the James Hargreaves stand so they could head it back and he did it for a few minutes.

I don't expect him to if we don't go up but really hope he's still here next season.

David Jones is another to play at Deadwood before moving to us and also current target Alan Judge would be another (really hope we don't pay 8 Million for him).

You must sit near me then - that Joey kick about was right in front of us. I was desperate for him to throw it to me (such a child!!)

I am desperate for him to stay with us. I believe we have opened talks to extend his contract?

Ah you are quite right about Jonah. I clean out forgot about him! I would pay £8m for Alan Judge ... I though he was immense against us on Friday night.
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #280 on: January 18, 2016, 11:29:17 PM »

I remember being on a terrace at an away game when Kerry Dixon was playing for Watford (having been at Luton) and there was a punch up between pro and ante Dixon fans.  It was pretty nasty.

Matt Spring had no such issues though several years later.

God, I don't miss these scenes at football games any more!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 26, 2016, 08:25:41 AM »

Don't you just love those "sing when we are winning" sorts?

Spotted this stuff on another Forum.

He's one of our own, he's one of our owwwwwwwn, Jason Shackell, he's one of our own Smiley

And.....

"Who put the ball in the Derby net ... Who put the ball in the Derby net ... Who put the ball in the Derby net ... SUPER JASON SHACKELL"

No idea what that was all about.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 26, 2016, 08:36:00 AM »

Jason shackell  (now derby) was the ex burnley captain.

Left for Derby and a bigger payday
Jac

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 26, 2016, 08:42:15 AM »

DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #284 on: January 26, 2016, 10:14:28 PM »

Cheers lad. You'll always be a Claret

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: