blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 09:17:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Pocket Queens:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pocket Queens:  (Read 114364 times)
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #315 on: September 15, 2016, 11:08:58 AM »

Welcome back.

Enjoy Ireland and the very best of luck in Killarney

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #316 on: September 16, 2016, 04:51:00 PM »

Bromleys on Tour | Killarney 2016

4am is a pretty horrible time to get out of bed. Especially when you only got in it a couple of hours earlier. But there we were, awake and driving to Manchester Airport for the early morning flight to Dublin. Dense fog and fours at the airport later, we finally arrived in the Emerald Isle (quite a bit later than scheduled ... .sigh).

After picking up the car and picnic supplies, we set off on Day One of the Road Trip; Dublin to Killarney (M50 / N7 / M20 for those who care).

The first pit stop took us to Tipporary, but only really by accident. You see, signs for "Services" in Ireland are a little misleading. Rather than pull off a slip road and into a conveniently built complex of food, comfort and petrol facilities, you are in fact directed off the motorway and to the next available town (where you hope to find a pub or a shop or a cafe!). Nonetheless, it was a happy accident as my beloved Gran used to sing "Its a long way, to Tipperary..." to me as a little girl and so the Boy and I did a little rendition in a car park in her honour.

Click to see full-size image.

The other funny thing about Irish motorways is their habit of placing random sculptures in the grass verges. No warning. No signs. And no explanation. Still, helps pass the time on a long stretch.

Another surprising stumble along the way was the town of Moneygall which proudly declares is the ancestral home of Barack Obama. I think the town is still not over the elation of the presidential visit back in 2011!

Anyway, getting back to the trip. We finally pulled into the stunning Killarney early evening and checked into the Brehon; a hotel set against the stunning backdrop of Torc Mountain and a car park away from the GPPT festival hall. Handy that.

Poker starts properly tomorrow. Would be nice if the team could lock up day two spades tomorrow so we get a day off on Saturday and a chance to explore some sights!
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #317 on: October 26, 2016, 03:31:01 PM »

I spotted this today, out here in Punta Cana.

This is the exact species that our Ms Brommers spotted here last year, & reported as being "a thin swan". If that is a swan, it's most certainly not been at all well.

The levels of ignorance in the North are, I suppose, either a product of lack of education, or an acceptance that a woman belongs at home, doing the cooking & stuff.    
« Last Edit: October 26, 2016, 03:36:22 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
booder

Lazy , Hazy days

View Profile WWW
« Reply #318 on: October 26, 2016, 04:10:09 PM »

This is the exact species that our Ms Brommers spotted here last year, & reported as being "a thin swan". If that is a swan, it's most certainly not been at all well.

The levels of ignorance in the North are, I suppose, either a product of lack of education, or an acceptance that a woman belongs at home, doing the cooking & stuff.    

Amen.

Quote from: action man
im not speculating, either, but id have been pretty peeved if i missed the thread and i ended up getting clipped, kindly accepting a lift home.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
Martin Luther King Jr
Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 26, 2016, 04:17:53 PM »

It is an egret, not an ibis, heron or thin swan.  I would say cooking was a mans job, but having seen the tinned tomatoes...

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #320 on: October 30, 2016, 08:59:33 PM »

Haha brilliant.

It really did look like a thin swan from where I was stood. Some great memories from that trip Tony. Wish we were out there again with you!

B
PocketAces

View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 02, 2016, 01:00:33 AM »

This post reminds me of Annie Duke who (I'm sure you all know of her) got presented with the awkwardness of being "that girl" at the big boy's table daring to dwindle the egos of her male-counterparts.

There have been studies conducted that proves psychologically, that if you feel like an outsider, it will come at a cost - the way you play your hand at the poker table, or it could work out to one's advantage as a stereotype threat. If you're always worried about falling into the stereotypes that "girl's can't play poker" you may lose your focus and prove them right.

Women stay focus and remember God gave us all two hands and we should all be able to use them to play poker. :-)
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #322 on: December 20, 2016, 08:02:38 PM »

Well, well, well it is you - the Burnley "fan reporter" used by BT on their PL coverage. (Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere on Blonde but if it has I've not seen it)

I've seen quite a few of your video clips on BT and thought there was a similiarity to your pics on here and I wondered if you were one and the same person. My wonderings have just been confirmed - I was looking at a recording from a couple of weeks or so ago, this time with your name included, making your appeal for Sean Dyche to re-sign Joey Barton. And I see they just have so you will be delighted with that Smiley

How did you get the gig in the first place? Presumably it is something you enjoy?
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #323 on: December 21, 2016, 01:37:20 AM »

Well well. Hello there!

Your investigations have proved successful and I can confirm that it is indeed me!

So, myself and 4 male friends run a Burnley fan site called "NoNayNever". We used to have a blog as well but we have recently been concentrating on producing a one hour Podcast that gets published on iTunes every Tuesday. It's the only Burnley Podcast and has been listened to over 100k times!

We are always being asked to contribute to media stuff; be that from professional journalists or other fan sites/blogs. At the start of this season we were approached by the producers of the BT Sport "Premier League Tonight" show and asked if we would be on their panel and submit vlogs each week. The boys thought this was one for me and I jumped at the chance. Little secret for you - I studied at drama school when I was 16 so I'm not shy in front of a camera!!!

I've really enjoyed it so far and will be gutted if Burnley get relegated and I'm not part of the show next year! I'm the only girl they have!!!

Clearly SD is a fan. Given that Joey is on his way home...
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 21, 2016, 07:38:18 AM »

Wow, Natterley is a TV Star.

Thoughts on Joey's return?

Picture of Chez Brommers Xmas tree & decs please.

XX to you both.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Archer

View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 21, 2016, 11:21:53 PM »

Well well. Hello there!

Your investigations have proved successful and I can confirm that it is indeed me!

So, myself and 4 male friends run a Burnley fan site called "NoNayNever". We used to have a blog as well but we have recently been concentrating on producing a one hour Podcast that gets published on iTunes every Tuesday. It's the only Burnley Podcast and has been listened to over 100k times!

We are always being asked to contribute to media stuff; be that from professional journalists or other fan sites/blogs. At the start of this season we were approached by the producers of the BT Sport "Premier League Tonight" show and asked if we would be on their panel and submit vlogs each week. The boys thought this was one for me and I jumped at the chance. Little secret for you - I studied at drama school when I was 16 so I'm not shy in front of a camera!!!

I've really enjoyed it so far and will be gutted if Burnley get relegated and I'm not part of the show next year! I'm the only girl they have!!!

Clearly SD is a fan. Given that Joey is on his way home...

I'm impressed - great stuff.

Thinking about it, one of guys who does the vlog for City is from a  City fan channel. In fact BT invited them to meet everybody behind the scenes and included  full BT hospitality at a recent CL night.

I was born and bred about 3 miles from Maine Rd and the most natural thing was to support City but I've got a big soft spot for Burnley and have been to Turf Moor lots of times over the years. This stems from my father who was from Burnley originally and was a big Burnley fan. Obviously I really hope they stay up as well Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 31, 2016, 05:59:17 PM »

Happy New Year Natalie

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #327 on: January 01, 2017, 07:04:09 PM »

I start this post by extending my very warmest of wishes for a happy, healthy and peaceful new year. It has always been my customary greeting to wish people a prosperous new year but, whilst ending poverty and creating a comfortable life for everyone is important, it really dawned on me in 2016 that money is not the greatest gift one could wish for.

Anyway, in terms of catching up with your comments:

Tikay

I think that "TV Star" is perhaps a little too enthusiastic! I literally just send in [sometimes] coherent ramblings that are either ecstatic and full of survival optimism (if we have played at home) or woefully fearful of relegation back to the Championship (if we have played away).

I am genuinely excited about Joey's return and hope that this FA charge doesn't scupper that. He was such an important player for us last year and honestly had an impeccable season with us. I am not naive enough to suggest that he will have the same impact on the pitch, but his leadership skills will be vital to our chances of survival (I hope!). If we are only talking about a 3ish game ban then I suspect we will still sign him. Any more than that and there is no chance.

We did manage to turn our house into something festive in the end. I tend to keep to the same decorations each year, as I still need to be efficient with my time! This is my favourite decoration ....

I had a few other pics to post, but for some reason I seem to have lost the knowhow to post pics on this thread. They seem to keep disappearing and I fear I have had a technological breakdown!

Archer

It always surprises me how many people have a connection to Burnley. For such a little town! Thank you for your kind comments. I really hope we stay up too and a little part of me is starting to believe. We had a great festive period - it was so important for us to win both of those games - and are sitting 9 points clear of relegation. It looks to me like it will be Hull, Sunderland and Swansea but you just can't tell in this league! We could still go down yet.

Tighty

Happy new year indeed!!!!! Maybe, just maybe, this is our year? Do you think we can still stay up with our woeful away form?? Surely Swansea are down, so that leaves two from Sunderland, Hull, Boro, Palance and Burnley?

B
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 21, 2017, 11:43:35 AM »

A belated Happy Birthday to Natalie, who, I believe, celebrated her birthday yesterday.

Natalie & Adam were also kind enough to come see me in Manchester on Sunday, & gave me two beautiful gifts to aid my recuperation after last week's bit of a health drama.  

God bless them both.

xx

DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #329 on: March 21, 2017, 10:37:26 PM »

Thank you very much. It's actually the big day on Thursday but you know me, I like to spin these things out!

Adam and I are off to Rome for the weekend to celebrate (as only Bromleys can). Some of you will recall from an earlier post that I lost my Grandma a while back. I have not yet had the courage to spend the money she left me, partly out of fear that I would spend it on the "wrong" thing. She was Italian in heritage and although I spent summers in Italy when I was little (we are from the East coast; Pesaro and Pescara) I have ever been to Rome. Ten year olds and July in the Vatican do not mix well. I am so very excited.

Turning to book news, I think I found a really perfect novel to keep our Tikay occupied during his recuperation. "Tales from the Fast Trains" Tom Chesshyre.

"Tired of airport security queues, delays and all those extra taxes and charges, Tom Chesshyre embarks on a series of high-speed adventures across the Continent on its fast trains instead. From shiny London St Pancras, Tom travels to places that wouldn’t feature on a standard holiday wish-list, and discovers the hidden delights of mysterious Luxembourg, super-trendy Rotterdam, much-maligned Frankfurt and lovely lakeside Lausanne, via a pop concert in Lille. It’s 186 mph all the way – well, apart from a power cut in the Channel Tunnel on the way to Antwerp. Is our idea of ‘Europe’ changing as its destinations become easier to reach? And what fun can you have at the ends of the lines? Jump on board and find out!"

I hope you enjoy it Tikay.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: