blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 12:21:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Pocket Queens:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 26 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pocket Queens:  (Read 114557 times)
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #195 on: March 23, 2015, 09:49:58 PM »

A history lesson.

A little know fact for you all. On this day (23 March), various years throughout history, the following legends were born: Joan Crawford, Roger Bannister and Damon Albarn. And your Belle, amongst others. I'm not sure whether the above list means I should have been destined to have discipline and athleticism, dramatic poise or a knack for writing catchy tunes about parks, but if I was then I failed miserably!

Still, I have a few skills up my sleeve. One of those is how to celebrate a birthday in style. We finished the short trip to EPT Malta with a day in the sun, some laziness in the spa and then a nice formal dinner in the evening.

Our restaurant of choice was an award-winning "fine dining" restaurant known as Caviar and Bull. I had a little wobble when our waiter serviced us these vegetable shots (a stark reminder of the fully alcohol-fuelled ones from the previous night) but without doubt it was a very enjoyable dinner.

And the food was delicious. I had a pasta with salmon and lobster. Yum.

And so this marks the end of another fantastic European adventure. Sure, they're all short, but we simply can't take a week off work every time an EPT comes to town. Our mini trips allow us to visit most of the stops on the tour each season, play some poker and have some fun. We will stop long enough at one to play the entire festival one day, but until then we'll enjoy what we can do!

Until next time

B
atdc21

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 24, 2015, 01:41:29 PM »

Hi, don't know you but diary is a great read. You seem to have an excellent, subtle sense of humour,and write very well.
You Certainly get around on some nice trips, good luck, and keep posting.

No point feeding a pig Truffles if he's happy eating shit.
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #197 on: March 24, 2015, 08:46:15 PM »

Wish Adam luck from me, please, Natterley.

Do you get the English football results out there? If not, just say, always happy to help.

If we didn't win then it didn't happen!  Folded Arms
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #198 on: March 24, 2015, 08:46:53 PM »

Happy Birthday Natalie x  Sounds like you are having fun out there, even if the results are not forthcoming. You are due one soon.....

Thanks lovely. On to the next one x
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #199 on: March 24, 2015, 08:48:57 PM »

Hi, don't know you but diary is a great read. You seem to have an excellent, subtle sense of humour,and write very well.
You Certainly get around on some nice trips, good luck, and keep posting.

Wow, thank you very much! How kind of you to say. Glad you enjoy the read; you're never really sure of these things are you and I am nowhere near arrogant enough not to massively appreciate such nice feedback  cupcake
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2015, 07:29:39 AM »

Once again, Natterley proved she is the best player in the Bromley household in last night's Roller.

Well done Natter.

wallnutts 1470000 1 £3750
MAXALLY 0 2 £2250
jimmyshoo 0 3 £1500
basty2010 0 4 £1200
spitfire10 0 5 £1050
TheCrilly 0 6 £900
F_Ivanovic 0 7 £750
GELDY 0 8 £600
choma 0 9 £450
CSCS 0 10 £375
SenorBegs 0 11 £330
bromley04 0 12 £300

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #201 on: April 13, 2015, 01:44:15 PM »

I'm not biting this time. We all know if that had have been me, it would have been a top three score*

(*I didn't bust waaaaay before the cash. Nope. Not at all)

In a small brags tho, I did win The Magic817 Invitational on Fri night. First MTT win in 2015 and what I hope will be the start of the end of a horrible downswing.

B
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: April 15, 2015, 10:32:42 PM »

“Every man is a hero if he strives more for others than for himself alone” Lloyd Alexander, The High King.

A remarkable thing happened to me yesterday.

Driving home from work, my petrol light alerted me to the fact that I needed to fill my car up. I pulled into my nearest garage and set myself up at the pump. For some reason (probably a trick my Dad taught me), I always check I have my purse and sort my money out before I start pumping the fuel; I am aware of the seriousness of putting fuel in your car and not having the means to pay, so I have always been overly cautious!

NIGHTMARE - no purse in handbag. I had left it at home.

The panel in my dashboard told me I had 26 miles left in the tank. A check on Google Maps told me I had 33 miles to get home. Crap.

I went into the garage and explained my predicament to the cashier. I explained that I could pay over the phone, as my husband had my purse at home. Computer says no. I beg ... surely there is something you can do, I am stranded?! Computer says no.

I apparently have to call the breakdown service out to rescue me.

As I wander back into my car and nervously ring The Boy to fess up to what I had done, I am startled by a knock on my window and a motion to wind my window down. A young man tells me he was in the shop just then and heard my predicament. He got his wallet out and handed me cash. He noted that it was ridiculous that I was stranded in this way with no-one to help and could give me cash to put enough petrol in my car to get me home. Are you serious?!

I finally persuade him to take my details and I ask him to call me straight away with his bank details so I can refund him the money. So far he hasn't called, but I hope that he does; I want to show him that I meant that the cash was to be returned to him and that there are more good people on this earth than him.

There is unconditional kindness in this world still.

Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #203 on: April 20, 2015, 11:14:09 AM »

The day after I read your latest installment, I was in the Supermarket getting supplies from a list compiled by Wifey. I stood in the self service checkout behind a young mum just as she finished paying. As I start, I realise there is a problem as i can't scan anything. It's then I see £30 cashback still in the machine. I quickly waddle outside (in flip flops, running would've resulted in some base over apex action) and present her with said folding stuff. Time for a quick thankyou and I waddle back in to continue shopping and feel good about myself for a while.
 By the way, I used to play fuel light roulette in my car. I worked out that on my journey home at 70 mph, i could get from the M11 Junc 9 to a petrol station in my home town. This journey took approx 25mins with my fuel light on and the distance on the trip computer saying 0 miles left in the tank. I think you would've been ok getting home.

Cymru am byth
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #204 on: April 20, 2015, 09:09:31 PM »

^^ I love this ^^

Well played that man.

Spread the love.
Mohican

View Profile WWW
« Reply #205 on: April 20, 2015, 09:22:31 PM »

^^ I love this ^^

Well played that man.

Spread the love.
Yeah, Fuel light roulette is awesome.

Cymru am byth
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 21, 2015, 04:19:48 AM »

Was in tesco petrol station a couple of months ago and a guys card wouldn't go through. They have a form especially for such occasions, and you have 7 days to return to pay. Worth bearing in mind for when you next forget!

Has the guy called you with his details yet?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
DingleBelle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #207 on: April 21, 2015, 11:35:18 PM »

No he hasn't. I'm disappointed; I wanted to return his cash and give him a little extra as a small token of my gratitude.

I hope the karma gods find a way to reward his kindness.

B
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 22, 2015, 08:28:07 PM »

I don't know you other than through this blog and Tikay's comments but I suspect you already know that kindness can be it's own reward.

Karma,shmarma.

Just spread the kindness. Next time you see someone who needs a little help, help them.

Pay it Forward as it were.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 22, 2015, 11:19:12 PM »

When I was young I got stuck in a strange town with no money.

I went to the cashpoint to withdraw a tenner and the machine withheld my card.

No money and no way to get money to get home.

Someone told me to go to the police station and for something called a "permit to travel" which could be used to pay for a train or bus ticket or if past the time of the last bus/train given to taxi driver to get you home.

I have no idea if these still exist, anyone know?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 ... 26 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: