blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 04:15:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Main event fml spot vs Jake Cody
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Main event fml spot vs Jake Cody  (Read 14522 times)
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2013, 04:12:44 AM »

i refer to previous point.

We're all folding QQ to a blind ALL-IN the first hand the tournament, but we;re all happy to 3b/5b jam AKs vs an UTG open/4b from the only other good player at the table?

first person to explain this to me wins a pack of Haribo, one of the big ones.

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2013, 06:23:42 AM »

We're all folding QQ to a blind ALL-IN the first hand the tournament, but we;re all happy to 3b/5b jam AKs vs an UTG open/4b from the only other good player at the table?

Normal haribos or tangfastics?

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
stato_1

#Team_Eureka

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2013, 07:06:33 AM »

Because Jake will be folding a decent %. Not that I am folding QQ to a blind all in anyway.
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2013, 07:08:54 AM »

I would venture that once we call the 4bet and go to the flop we lose this pot about 100% of the time unless we hit. I would suggest that calling oop vs a better player with a much bigger stack to hit cards is a pretty shitty plan. It's a much better plan to win the pre-flop war with AK vs the best player because his range to 4bet us is the widest, he will be the one at the table considering the stacks and the tough spots it generates for us when he 4bets, so he won't need AA/KK to do it, and we have blockers to those combos. Even if we hit villain can get away or still have us crushed with AA/KK.

Alternatively jamming wins us the dead money a lot of the time or we can flip which means we win the whole pot a lot of the time. Not wanting to jam first with good FE because we don't want to flip vs this player is the mistake because 50% equity is a good coup for us. FWIW i'm happy peeling the open too but once I 3bet I would expect a 4bet and I must look to win the pre flop war with a great pre flop hand because the alternative, as we have seen, is a pretty shitty plan.

Jamming AK all-in is a better feeling and easier to do than calling QQ all-in, and don't forget first hand of wsop ME we are all scared and talking about shoes
Do they do just the fried eggs? If they do i'll have bag of fried eggs pls.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2013, 10:13:39 AM »

"We??!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"

Peeps be wrong technically but have their own reasons which is obv a okay!

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 14, 2013, 03:52:05 PM »

OK, OK. thumbs up

ClickClickClick.

biggy333x

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 14, 2013, 08:21:46 PM »

jus reading pha like this shows the diff between elite players and the rest. JC wins a fair size nsd pot prob with T4 or other junk. On the way he's got a guy in knots with AKhh and prob owned the table full of rec players all day if one of the competent players at the table gets premium hands and is in bits how to play it vs him.
pez102

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 19, 2013, 11:54:11 PM »

Prob flat pre, as played id fold to 4 bet, doubt he's ever light,I'd imagine his range is kk+ with the chance of qq. Hand plays badly against his range.
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #143 on: July 20, 2013, 04:26:26 AM »

fuck me a simple preflop spot gets 10 pages?? either im way behind or we just click/call??? anything bar a click/call pre doesnt show jake enough respect
rofl at everyone wanting to flat and play a flop vs a really fucking clever player instead of just taking the preflop edge we have with AKs?Huh?  
have the results been posted or am i going crazy? obv how the hand played out jake has him crushed but wtf? who in actual time doesnt click/call this? or just jam
« Last Edit: July 20, 2013, 04:34:34 AM by action man » Logged
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 20, 2013, 02:16:21 PM »

fuck me a simple preflop spot gets 10 pages??

Tongue

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
action man

View Profile WWW
« Reply #145 on: July 20, 2013, 03:24:22 PM »

even when everyone thinks poker is getting tougher you get people overcomplicating and overthinking hands, thus turning it softer. weird
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 21, 2013, 10:43:57 AM »

even when everyone thinks poker is getting tougher you get people overcomplicating and overthinking hands, thus turning it softer. weird

Not really been over-complicated here imo, the 3bet is undoubtedly bad (there been a few longish posts explaining why its bad) and the discussion is what to do now we've been 4b. Some people think its a jam, some people think it's a fold, some people are saying well we're getting 5-1 nearly even OOP might be worth flicking a call in and seeing what flops. Not that un-common for a collection of people to think 3 different things about a "deep-stacked" spot...

That aside you are correct lol

RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: July 21, 2013, 12:07:02 PM »

Yes but now you're simplifying and uncomplicating it, thus making it harder again.  Sad

The older I get, the better I was.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: