blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 12:14:01 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  6max fun
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: 6max fun  (Read 2225 times)
TL900

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2013, 05:24:46 PM »

Limit - Level I (10/20) - 2013/07/23 16:17:47 WET [2013/07/23 11:17:47 ET]
Table '815010352 1' 6-max Seat #4 is the button
Seat 1: Turbo_Zk (3000 in chips)
Seat 2: TheBlueduck0 (2970 in chips)
Seat 3: kwintenkvg (3010 in chips)
Seat 4: SteenD (2970 in chips)
Seat 5: MegaLidia (2990 in chips)
Seat 6: Mt.Spewmore (3060 in chips)
MegaLidia: posts small blind 10
Mt.Spewmore: posts big blind 20
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Mt.Spewmore [ ]
Turbo_Zk: folds
TheBlueduck0: folds
kwintenkvg: raises 20 to 40
SteenD: folds
MegaLidia: raises 100 to 140
Mt.Spewmore: calls 120
kwintenkvg: folds
*** FLOP *** [ ]
MegaLidia: bets 130
Mt.Spewmore: calls 130
*** TURN *** [ ] []
MegaLidia: checks
Mt.Spewmore: bets 280
MegaLidia: calls 280
*** RIVER *** [ ] []
MegaLidia: checks
Mt.Spewmore: bets 745
MegaLidia: raises 1695 to 2440 and is all-in
Mt.Spewmore: folds

OR is an unknown weaker player and 3bettor is a laggyish reg no specific reads.

Think pre is fine with how deep we are etc think my turn size is pretty bad and should be bigger river i think is fine/good size. Considering how strong my range is gona be otr i think it would be pretty suicidal to try and bluff me

thoughts? IF we call this, whats the worst hand we call? KQ? AA? AK?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2013, 05:26:27 PM by TL900 » Logged

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 08:23:06 PM »

If we flopped set over set, pay them their money!!!!!!
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2013, 10:18:00 PM »

If we flopped set over set, pay them their money!!!!!!

This. I'd fold pre as we talked about. I just don't think he is nutted enough to make it profitable. As played I wouldn't fold, but I see where your coming from completely.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2013, 01:37:48 AM »

What's the buy in?

I'm not folding, think folding is pretty bad in this spot in a 6 max. Think the level is pretty key too.

I'd bet call off KQ & 33.

If I'm you, and I think I have the best hand on the flop, I would be sizing the streets so we put all the chips in by the river, that way we don't have any difficult decisions.
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2013, 01:40:23 AM »

44 6max, kinda reggy

@MtSpewmore
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2013, 01:53:14 AM »

Yeh, then I'd go with my initial thoughts I posted. Might fold in the 320/162 6 max or deep in 22r action hour, but would have to be vs someone I knew was capable of playing so well tbh.
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2013, 02:02:09 AM »

Yeh, then I'd go with my initial thoughts I posted. Might fold in the 320/162 6 max or deep in 22r action hour, but would have to be vs someone I knew was capable of playing so well tbh.

wouldn't you give them more credit for being able to bluff in a spot like this? like what do you think he has

@MtSpewmore
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2013, 03:01:48 AM »

wouldn't you give them more credit for being able to bluff in a spot like this? like what do you think he has

Looks like there's 330 in there on the flop, he bets 130, which is pretty small, I'd think he was fairly strong with this bet sizing, that being said don't mind the flat on the flop. So now should be 590, and he checks?, you now bet 280 ( I prefer between 400-485), he just calls. River comes and u bet 765 into 2050 which again real small, he can easily go for value here with any 2 pair hands, AA/AQ, I wouldn't exactly say he would be bluffing in this instance, but he could easily be over repping his hand hence the stack off.

Being that he was the 3 bettor in game this early, I'd be more inclined to raise the flop, set up a turn bet for a river jam, specially as u call him a loose aggressive player, can easily spew/float loads. Plus 2 broadway suited cards there which smacks his range including all draws so I'm trying to build up through the streets (providing they r safe) to jam at some point. If he has it nh, but the way I play it I don't get this type of dilemma in the first place and would be interested in knowing your thoughts/reasoning for betting so small throughout & not showing enough aggression when you have called the 3 bet only to hit your set, so I don't see when u flop it why u would then not go broke if that makes sense?
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2013, 03:02:49 AM »

AA/AK*
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2013, 03:11:49 AM »

turn is definitely too small i agree, i bet 745 into 1140 otr which I think is fine for the hands im trying to get called by

@MtSpewmore
dreenie

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2013, 03:22:13 AM »

Yeah sorry I dunno where I got 2k from, it's just over 1100. But why not go broke when you have specifically called pre flop to hit your set? Now you've hit it, there's no draws that have got there, but u still play it passively? I don't get this thought process, what do u put him on on the turn? On the river what do u now put him on?

If i think im beat on the river, I'd go for a wild guess and say 88 might have got there for some random float on the turn, then caught river but even that's ambitious thinking, and really is he gonna 3 bet this early with 8's?

Obviously he can have KK & QQ and that would explain the small bet on turn the chk on turn to allow u to bluff and the chk
Raise on river - but I just think in a $44 early on do these type of players really have it in them to be playing this sexy this early on, and know enough about your hand to know he's getting more value this way? I'm not convinced enough for me to be folding.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2013, 04:46:43 AM »

wow the actual top of our range as well....

TL900

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2013, 05:28:21 AM »

Yeah sorry I dunno where I got 2k from, it's just over 1100. But why not go broke when you have specifically called pre flop to hit your set? Now you've hit it, there's no draws that have got there, but u still play it passively? I don't get this thought process, what do u put him on on the turn? On the river what do u now put him on?

If i think im beat on the river, I'd go for a wild guess and say 88 might have got there for some random float on the turn, then caught river but even that's ambitious thinking, and really is he gonna 3 bet this early with 8's?

Obviously he can have KK & QQ and that would explain the small bet on turn the chk on turn to allow u to bluff and the chk
Raise on river - but I just think in a $44 early on do these type of players really have it in them to be playing this sexy this early on, and know enough about your hand to know he's getting more value this way? I'm not convinced enough for me to be folding.

this would have to be a pretty sexy bluff tbf Cheesy

I just can't think of a hand that I can beat, like I don't see how/why he would ever be bluffing here and I don't give him enough credit to be turning AQ/AK into a bluff. I feel like he isnt even value shoving KQ with his line, I think hes much more likely to bet bigger otf/continue betting on the turn when he hasnt got the board SO locked like he would of if he had KK for example.

Would you call with AA in my spot?

wow the actual top of our range as well....

I would actually cold call all my big hands aswell as my 5's because it just looks way too strong to cold 4 here imo. So I have KK/QQ/AA in my range too (whether he thinks that is possible is questionable obviously)

@MtSpewmore
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2013, 11:43:09 AM »

For me to be willing to fold this I've got to see villain as capable of check-calling a higher set on the turn and I don't think many do this so I'm happy to put more money in.

I also think we should be raising the flop a lot.
Pinchop73

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2013, 12:01:32 PM »

Seems like a very decent fold imo.

Level 1, with our image, cold calling a sb 3b, probs worst hand we have in our value betting range otr is KQ. In fact I'd be more inclined to call KQ than 55 here as we have the only hands he value jams with blocked. I don't think a dece reg in this comp turns diamonds or AK into bluffs like this otr enough to warrant calling, I agree that he's always flatting the river with worse value hands.

To even contemplate the fact that this particular villain may have 33/88 after leading this flop is pretty lol
« Last Edit: July 24, 2013, 12:08:36 PM by Pinchop73 » Logged

First they came for the nits, and I did not speak out because I was not a nit
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: