blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:11:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272538 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul - With US pace Spoilers
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul - With US pace Spoilers  (Read 102876 times)
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: August 27, 2013, 12:07:12 PM »

He def has cancer. Rewatch the "flash forward" of first episode season 5 as well. When he gets the keys in the bathroom, the camera pans away, you see him cough and take his anti sickness tablets

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 27, 2013, 12:08:48 PM »

One thing that felt a little out of place for me, and I think its the first time something hasn't made sense, was how Jesse put 2 and 2 together to realise it was Saul who lifted the ricin cigarette. Its not very Jesse-esque.

Jesse is smart in a street way, he takes what people tell him, applies street knowledge and "gets it" in his own way. The he reapplies what he has leant. That's his character. Deducing things from scratch not really his style. As soon as the episode ended I rewound straight back to that scene thinking I had missed something. But no, he worked it out. I thought that was a little bit non Jesse.

It was when he was waiting for the pickup - he went to get his weed out of his pocket, and when he couldn't find it, realised that the fat guy had lifted it when he blocked the door on the way out. Then when he looked at the cigarettes he remembered about the ricin.

I get that, but there is no real link between the 2 incidents. It's not his style to "work things out". Just seemed a bit misplaced to me

Woodsey

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 27, 2013, 12:11:32 PM »

I couldn't even remember back to who Brock was, had to google it all to remind myself 
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 27, 2013, 12:44:06 PM »

I thought the worst thing he did was use his cancer as a tool for keeping jr in line.

Letting Jesse's girlfriend die has to be up there, and possibly being behind Brock's poisoning too.

I meant this ep lol

Jane's death was up there though.

It's weird how he's completely destroyed Jessee yet I also feel he genuinely cares for him.

Haha, gotcha.

Yeah, it's going to be interesting to see how things play out from now.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 27, 2013, 03:42:49 PM »

One thing that felt a little out of place for me, and I think its the first time something hasn't made sense, was how Jesse put 2 and 2 together to realise it was Saul who lifted the ricin cigarette. Its not very Jesse-esque.

Jesse is smart in a street way, he takes what people tell him, applies street knowledge and "gets it" in his own way. The he reapplies what he has leant. That's his character. Deducing things from scratch not really his style. As soon as the episode ended I rewound straight back to that scene thinking I had missed something. But no, he worked it out. I thought that was a little bit non Jesse.

It was when he was waiting for the pickup - he went to get his weed out of his pocket, and when he couldn't find it, realised that the fat guy had lifted it when he blocked the door on the way out. Then when he looked at the cigarettes he remembered about the ricin.

I get that, but there is no real link between the 2 incidents. It's not his style to "work things out". Just seemed a bit misplaced to me

Don't really agree with this.  He had worked it out before it was just that Walt persuaded him that it was Fring that had done it to try and get Walt murdered by Jesse.  Jesse bought it on that occasion but this scene illustrates the journey that Jesse has gone on and as he is stood there he is thinking about everything he has been told by Walt and how it has all been to serve Walts purpose.  The fact  that he has been pickpocketed by Huell makes him remember when he had been persuaded this hadn't happened last time.  He now realise it obviously had and he had been played, same as he was being played now.  I think it makes perfect sense but Gilligan is making you work for the solution like he always does.

outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 27, 2013, 04:38:39 PM »

Funny if you have seen then mildly cyrus controversy

http://youtu.be/lZq0HkRI4vA

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: August 27, 2013, 04:41:52 PM »

this? yours didnt work
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 27, 2013, 04:46:03 PM »

Yeah, I lol'd

bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2013, 10:39:03 PM »

I really enjoyed this weeks episode but I can't help feeling deflated and I don't know why.

Maybe it's because the end is nigh 

Ah! The element of surprise
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 28, 2013, 01:30:41 AM »

I thought with the hype of this getting so big leading upto it that this final part of the programme could only really end up as a letdown, yet every episode just keeps delivering, so so good.
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 28, 2013, 05:00:50 AM »

Just soso good. Watched it after a few beers but will rewatch without a doubt.

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: August 28, 2013, 09:33:07 PM »

SovietSong has watched about 30 episodes in a week and will be along shortly....
Alverton

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 28, 2013, 09:58:37 PM »

Awesome confession.  Can go in so many different directions.

No cancer, imo.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 10:01:57 PM by Alverton » Logged
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 28, 2013, 10:46:06 PM »

SovietSong has watched about 30 episodes in a week and will be along shortly....

I'm here, just been reading the thread.

Well what can I say, incredible. Absolutely love Jesse, he is so vulnerable at times which makes him the best character for me.  I still like Walt, granted I shouldn't but he's an absolute boss!!

Really interested to see which way it goes now.

I was so excited as I thought I had another season to go! Was crushed when Barry pm'd saying I'd caught up.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 28, 2013, 11:28:56 PM »

Just watched the first ep again, Always remembered it as a blinding start to a new thing - looking back even more amazing how much they packed in and what a great job they did of introducing all the main characters

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: