blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 26, 2024, 01:33:53 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272595 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul - With US pace Spoilers
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul - With US pace Spoilers  (Read 103040 times)
outragous76

Yeah Bitch! ......... MAGNETS! owwwh!

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: August 26, 2013, 02:42:14 PM »

Walts video was genius! However I'm losing any support I had for him! He is a beast!

As for the end, if the house goes up, so does the lottery ticket

".....and then I spent 2 hours talking with Stu which blew my mind.........."
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #166 on: August 26, 2013, 02:44:40 PM »

Genius move with the confession. I think next episode might finally see Walt Jnr brought up to speed
LeedsRhodesy

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 26, 2013, 03:12:00 PM »

Walts video was genius! However I'm losing any support I had for him! He is a beast!

The house Can't go up, cos he goes back to it to get the poison from the power switch right at the start and there is no fire damage
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 26, 2013, 03:38:49 PM »

I think this what makes BB so good. The main protagonists are not characters that an audience would normally be sympathetic to and they don't really ever become buddies to turn it into some kind of buddyfest

Another great line from Saul this week as he ships Hank out of the interrogation room 'there you go Rocky, keep your left up'. Loved it

sola virtus nobilitat
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 26, 2013, 03:44:27 PM »

I thought the worst thing he did was use his cancer as a tool for keeping jr in line.

Blue text
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 26, 2013, 05:14:38 PM »

I thought the worst thing he did was use his cancer as a tool for keeping jr in line.

Letting Jesse's girlfriend die has to be up there, and possibly being behind Brock's poisoning too.

outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 26, 2013, 06:19:07 PM »

The house Can't go up, cos he goes back to it to get the poison from the power switch right at the start and there is no fire damage

Obv doesn't need to burn to the ground.  The house was in a sorry state when he went back

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 26, 2013, 07:30:54 PM »

for me it was the best episode for a long time, such a cool move with the confession Tape lol.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 26, 2013, 07:47:40 PM »

Letting Jesse's girlfriend die has to be up there, and possibly being behind Brock's poisoning too.

I meant this ep lol

Jane's death was up there though.

It's weird how he's completely destroyed Jessee yet I also feel he genuinely cares for him.

Blue text
DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #174 on: August 27, 2013, 10:35:18 AM »

Deffo a top five all time episode.

When I think back to my expectations of the final eight episodes, what has happened so far is where I expected to be by episode six or seven. The story really has progressed quickly.
outragous76

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2013, 10:59:18 AM »

When I think back to my expectations of the final eight episodes, what has happened so far is where I expected to be by episode six or seven. The story really has progressed quickly.

I know, I love the fast pace.

One thing that felt a little out of place for me, and I think its the first time something hasn't made sense, was how Jesse put 2 and 2 together to realise it was Saul who lifted the ricin cigarette. Its not very Jesse-esque.

Jesse is smart in a street way, he takes what people tell him, applies street knowledge and "gets it" in his own way. The he reapplies what he has leant. That's his character. Deducing things from scratch not really his style. As soon as the episode ended I rewound straight back to that scene thinking I had missed something. But no, he worked it out. I thought that was a little bit non Jesse.

I also think this episode shows the demise of Hank, and in actual fact, its not just the video, he now realises that Walts drug money has paid for his rehab, he is basically drawing dead. I actually think that he might just "break bad" himself by the end, now knowing that he has no future.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #176 on: August 27, 2013, 11:32:59 AM »

I know, I love the fast pace.

One thing that felt a little out of place for me, and I think its the first time something hasn't made sense, was how Jesse put 2 and 2 together to realise it was Saul who lifted the ricin cigarette. Its not very Jesse-esque.

Jesse is smart in a street way, he takes what people tell him, applies street knowledge and "gets it" in his own way. The he reapplies what he has leant. That's his character. Deducing things from scratch not really his style. As soon as the episode ended I rewound straight back to that scene thinking I had missed something. But no, he worked it out. I thought that was a little bit non Jesse.

I also think this episode shows the demise of Hank, and in actual fact, its not just the video, he now realises that Walts drug money has paid for his rehab, he is basically drawing dead. I actually think that he might just "break bad" himself by the end, now knowing that he has no future.

Agree, I think we probably see him take a back seat and perhaps have some major influence at the very end. It was Hank who introduced Walt to Jesse in the first place, seems fitting he might end things in one way or another.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #177 on: August 27, 2013, 11:34:46 AM »

It was when he was waiting for the pickup - he went to get his weed out of his pocket, and when he couldn't find it, realised that the fat guy had lifted it when he blocked the door on the way out. Then when he looked at the cigarettes he remembered about the ricin.
wazz

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 27, 2013, 11:41:49 AM »

Don't know if it's been covered yet itt but I'm convinced Walt doesn't have cancer. The fact he still has all of his hair, and the way that he talked to Walt Jr this episode sealed it for me. He's giving himself a final out and has to keep even Skylar hooked up to the lie.

No real idea how this is going to end.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 27, 2013, 12:03:39 PM »

Don't know if it's been covered yet itt but I'm convinced Walt doesn't have cancer. The fact he still has all of his hair, and the way that he talked to Walt Jr this episode sealed it for me. He's giving himself a final out and has to keep even Skylar hooked up to the lie.

No real idea how this is going to end.

It showed him having chemo a few episodes ago no? If not, then fwiw you don't lose your hair when you get cancer, that's what chemotherapy does.

I don't think Walt would make up that the cancer is back, that seems far too weak for him. He'd make up a much more fun lie up than that.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: