blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 11:44:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul - With US pace Spoilers
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 41 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Breaking Bad/Better Call Saul - With US pace Spoilers  (Read 103191 times)
TommyD

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: September 16, 2013, 06:50:56 PM »

Ozymandias.  Apt genius.  Such a cliché but this show is just getting better and better towards the end.

The phone call was so beautiful, the moment where the audience twigs, the moment where Sky twigs, the emotion on both sides of the line.  To my mind one of the most perfectly written screen scenes.

Hank went out the way he should, and that allowed us to all really think Jessie was getting one in the back of the head.  I still can't believe Walt grassed on him, I don't know about anyone else but after Hank's death I thought he'd try to reconcile with Jessie, not blame him at the time, but I guess that makes more sense.

The one thing I am trying to work out is when he comes back he gets a big gun and the Ricin, two completely different methods of revenge.  One blunt, one subtle.  I guess there are two targets, Jessie?  Saul?  Can't just be the Nazi gang.

Anyway I don't want to make too many predictions, just going to enjoy the end of one of the all time greatest series on television.
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 16, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »

Best part of the episode for me was when he revealed to Jessie that he stood by and allowed Jane to die.  Was waiting for a long time for that to come up.

Also loved the bit when Walt got in the car.  Didn't see the guy who arranged it.  They filmed it in a way that Saul described it.  He just disappeared.

Gonna have to rewatch the last few episodes before next week.

I wonder if the scene at the start was filmed 5 years ago and was cut or they had to get a serious make up job to make it happen?

Be so sad when its gone.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 16, 2013, 07:08:43 PM »

Well there is no way that those guys are keeping a near 70 million fortune without some sort of fight from Walt.

I don't really think it's about the money anymore Ant, I think he has realised what he has become, and I imagine he's going to go Batman on Landry's mob, whilst saving Jessie.

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #288 on: September 16, 2013, 07:14:53 PM »

I wonder if the scene at the start was filmed 5 years ago and was cut or they had to get a serious make up job to make it happen?

I'd love to think so, but doubtful, most of BB has been written somewhat on the fly with Vince Gilligan only having a rough idea where it was going. Case in point, originally both Jesse and Gus were going to get killed off in the first series they appeared in, but due to public response and how well the actors performed in their roles, he made more of them.

That scene was cool btw, remarkable how far all the characters have come. Seeing Jesse pretending he had a sword in the distance was funny.
corkeye

View Profile WWW
« Reply #289 on: September 16, 2013, 09:08:14 PM »

Genius. Do feel sorry for Walt despite everything.
levels itt
sovietsong

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 16, 2013, 11:01:23 PM »

fantastic episode.  hank getting shot was superb.

In the category of Funniest Poster I nominate sovietsong. - mantis 21/12/2012
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 16, 2013, 11:25:30 PM »

I can't add anything to this thread of any meaning. I can honestly say I don't think I've EVER seen anything on TV that compares to that episode.

Ah! The element of surprise
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 16, 2013, 11:30:36 PM »

I think I might just throw the TV away once Br Ba has finished.

Ah! The element of surprise
exstream

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 17, 2013, 12:58:40 AM »

http://dex.thps3.net/temp/bb514.png

Wow.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 17, 2013, 02:37:07 AM »

Just so impressive that words don't do it justice.
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 17, 2013, 09:06:31 AM »

I still think Dexter is better- said nobody ever.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
Ant040689

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 17, 2013, 07:43:11 PM »

Well there is no way that those guys are keeping a near 70 million fortune without some sort of fight from Walt.

I don't really think it's about the money anymore Ant, I think he has realised what he has become, and I imagine he's going to go Batman on Landry's mob, whilst saving Jessie.

I think it was and always has been about the money with Walt. OFC it can be argued he is going to kill those guys just because they killed Hank, but I think it will be about the money too. If not he would just look to kill those guys without finding out where the cash is.

I think this will end with a meeting with Skyler telling her where the money is, after he has relocated it all and that he is sorry and bids a farewell. No idea how the plot will end with Jesse.

I think there is a slight hypocrisy with Skyler, she went along a lot of the time with Walt, made the tape that would look to ruin Hank if the time ever came to it, but she expects that Walt would just accept arrest when it came without putting Hank's life in danger? I think you are either in or you are out on that one, even if he is family, you have to choose a side there and stick to it imo.

As a real longshot, how about Walt killing everyone as that is shocking and I would expect no less. Ending with him killing his family, finishing with his daughter and then topping himself (has already attempted suicide before).
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 17, 2013, 09:54:06 PM »

Seen these on another forum.  Thought that some here would appreciate them

Click to see full-size image.

And this one....bullet to the head

DaveShoelace

View Profile WWW
« Reply #298 on: September 17, 2013, 10:00:31 PM »

Nice,

also this
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 18, 2013, 12:08:32 AM »

I think it was and always has been about the money with Walt. OFC it can be argued he is going to kill those guys just because they killed Hank, but I think it will be about the money too. If not he would just look to kill those guys without finding out where the cash is.

I think this will end with a meeting with Skyler telling her where the money is, after he has relocated it all and that he is sorry and bids a farewell. No idea how the plot will end with Jesse.

I think there is a slight hypocrisy with Skyler, she went along a lot of the time with Walt, made the tape that would look to ruin Hank if the time ever came to it, but she expects that Walt would just accept arrest when it came without putting Hank's life in danger? I think you are either in or you are out on that one, even if he is family, you have to choose a side there and stick to it imo.

As a real longshot, how about Walt killing everyone as that is shocking and I would expect no less. Ending with him killing his family, finishing with his daughter and then topping himself (has already attempted suicide before).

I don't disagree that it has always been about the money, but it looks like that all changed when he realised what he had done to his own family, and the phone call pointed to this as well.

Walt will try to save Jessie, whilst getting revenge for Hank's death, but I haven't got a clue about how it will all play out. It's going to be an epic couple of hours viewing though.

The bit I've highlighted is a million to happen!

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 41 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: