blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 08:02:24 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Sid's Super Diet
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sid's Super Diet  (Read 29170 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2013, 02:43:06 PM »

I saw Sid yesterday, & he asked me to post a photo of him, in his current slightly portly shape.

He has just started a Super-Diet (Nutrient rich I think?) & he wants to catalogue his progress. If you Update this regularly, we'll move it to the Diary Section, but lets see how you go first.

Then, when he has succeeded, you can buy his new book, "Sid Sheds Stones".  

I kid you not. Roll up, roll up.

Here is the "before" photo" though I think he has already lost a stone. Just the 2 stone more to lose, then.

Good luck Sid, & it was grand to chat yesterday. Great Tourney, too, good luck today. I so wish I was still in, but I went for a last hand double up, which did not quite go according to plan.  

Click to see full-size image.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2013, 08:07:31 PM »

Thanks for posting the photo taken yesterday where I weigh 16st 11lb. Just over a couple of weeks ago I weighed 18st. It is because of my consistent weight loss of approx 1lb a day that I decided to write a book about it. The book will take about two months to write, in that two months I intend to lose an average of two stone a month, keeping up the 1lb a day weight loss. I intend to lose another three and a half stone at the rate of a stone a fortnight.

What I have done here is put myself all in - going out on a limb is going to motivate me. I also want to spread the good news on a daily basis - to motivate others to follow this diet because it is so easy - after three days food cravings dissapear.

I had all the information to write this diet book nine years ago after I wrote The Truth About Food - But I have no option than to write it now. The future is bleak for 68 year old men who weigh eighteen stone. All kinds of illness would be a given.

TK's Idea of a title for the book will do for now - but I do have a commercial title up my sleeve but that can weight for a couple of months when the book is published.

I will endeavour to update this thread on a daily basis listing the exact daily weight loss and what the diet entails. There are a few players that I have spoken to lately who know they have to take action before they fall ill. Hopefully this thread will motivate them - If an old guy like me can do it, you can too.

All the best Sid Harris  El Sid.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2013, 08:09:40 PM »

Well done Sid, and good luck.

68 years old, you say? Sheesh.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2013, 08:37:09 AM »

Day two of posting on Blonde, fortunately (or maybe not) many who have no interest in diet will not need to read this  continuing thread of an old man's journey from 18 stone plus to 13 st 7lb.

To those who have no weight problem; you will know plenty of people that do - this country, and indeed the western world, have a life threatening problem that lieaves terrorism in the shade. If you have a friend who needs help with weight management point them in this direction, they will thank you for it. I can assure you of that.

The thing that prompted this weight loss was a television programme by Joe Cross entitled Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. This title applied to me totally. Joe has his own internet site:
http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/

The bonus of these micro nutrient diet is that you feel amazing - it's a Brain booster and makes you feel amazingly optimistic as all toxins disappear from your system.

The first thing anyone who recommends a diet does is tell you to visit your doctor for advice. This is never a bad idea and a good idea, while your there, if you are on medication ask for a full list of the side effects. I am a fan of the medical profession and the good they do. But the more you can avoid the need to visit them the better.

It was an esteemed member of the medical profession that prompted me to learn more and more on the subject of nutrition. I was a humble eighteen year old greengrocer then who worked in the family greengrocery business. We had a shop at 140 Praed Street, Lloyds for Fruit. One of our customers was a surgeon called David Levy who ran the Lindo Wing at St. Mary's hospital, a few hundred yards up the road.

St. Mary's was where Sir Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin from the bacteria of a rotting pear. My father always swore that the pear had come from out shop. My greatest memory of St. Mary's was how gorgeous the nurses were and how difficult is seemed to be to get them out on a date. To quote Ronnie Corbett "I digress"

David Levy bought tons of fruit that he distributed to his staff, he always came to choose what he wanted and he always wanted it fresh off the truck as it arrived. This is back in the 1960's and he believed in five a day long before anyone else really bothered.

Every visit to the shop meant an in depth lesson in the different attributes of fruit and vegetables - he was a fascinating man and I hung on his every word. One of the things he explained to me prompted me to write - The Truth About Food.

Everybody knows the effects of scurvy, which was the scourge of sailors in the eighteenth century, well David Levy explained to me that the effects of scurvy unravelled the body in such a way that a wound that had healed three or four years before would open up for lack of vitamin C. This profound thought of the body unravelling itself without vitamins prompted me to read everything I could about nutrition. When it comes to fruit and vegetables I am a believer.

I spent thirteen years in the family business from fourteen to twenty-seven which involved moving thousands of tons of potatoes in that time. When I started out they were in hundred weight (112lb) hessian sacks and as time wore on they were half hundred weight paper sacks, much as are used now. For the past few years I (and many like me) have been carrying the equivalent of a 56lb bag of potatoes all the time.

There is a long road ahead: as of today my weight in stones is 16.92 (using digital scales 92 is 92% of a stone) but because no food cravings are envolved it's not going to be such a difficult journey.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 09:01:29 AM by El Sid » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2013, 09:13:21 AM »

I sense quite a story developing here, Sid, loved all that background stuff.

I have fond memories of Praed Street from when I was 5 onwards, & I still get a thrill when I am there, for a very special reason indeed, but it has nothing to do with Vegetables (which I abhor) or St Marys Hospital......

If this thread continues in this vein, we'll move it to the Diary section in a day or two.

Any luck on Day Two at that Brighton Tourney?

LOVED your play with A-J in the penultimate hand on Saturday. The kids were going loopy at your bad play. Well, the kid who got forced off the better hand was....

Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2013, 09:28:48 AM »

Consider me subscribed.

Fat-free popcorn, guv.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2013, 09:35:31 AM »

My table had some of the local lads on it who were well chipped up. Love to watch their personalities change and their mood swings, as their chips rise and fall. They just love the emotional turmoil and have yet to discover equilibrium. I took a calculated guess with that hand that none of them would have called me with anything less than AA or  KK so near the final bell, they were all good enough to put down AK or AQ they wouldn't be looking for a fity fifty. If they had it, good luck to them.

Time will tone down their egos and improve their play, they are luck enough to be super fuelled by testosterone.

Lately on the rare occasions when I sit down to play I make a decision to play in the style of a particular player, it might be Albert Sappiano, Ali Malu or Gary Bush, when I play in the style of Bushy I keep getting up and walking around the tables to see relative chip stacks. This is called mixing up your game - hopefully if I live long enough I will be able to play in the style of Phil Ivey - if I can master that I will stick to playing like Ivey all the way.

My last hand yesterday played itself I went All In with a pair nines to be called by a pair of tens. First card out was a ten so it was "Thanks for coming" which is the regular Rendezvous rubdown coined by the notorious Kouresh.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 09:37:50 AM by El Sid » Logged
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2013, 10:04:33 AM »

My table had some of the local lads on it who were well chipped up. Love to watch their personalities change and their mood swings, as their chips rise and fall. They just love the emotional turmoil and have yet to discover equilibrium. I took a calculated guess with that hand that none of them would have called me with anything less than AA or  KK so near the final bell, they were all good enough to put down AK or AQ they wouldn't be looking for a fity fifty. If they had it, good luck to them.

Time will tone down their egos and improve their play, they are luck enough to be super fuelled by testosterone.

Lately on the rare occasions when I sit down to play I make a decision to play in the style of a particular player, it might be Albert Sappiano, Ali Malu or Gary Bush, when I play in the style of Bushy I keep getting up and walking around the tables to see relative chip stacks. This is called mixing up your game - hopefully if I live long enough I will be able to play in the style of Phil Ivey - if I can master that I will stick to playing like Ivey all the way.

My last hand yesterday played itself I went All In with a pair nines to be called by a pair of tens. First card out was a ten so it was "Thanks for coming" which is the regular Rendezvous rubdown coined by the notorious Kouresh.

Wow, some great insight there, Sid.

For what it is worth, you forced one kid off A-K when you isolated the "blind" shortie with your A-J. The lad then said to me "would YOU call with A-K there?", clearly seeking some reassurance.

LOVE the enboldened part. I may just try that. Wonder who I can imagine being?

El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2013, 11:19:45 PM »

tThe feeling of not being hungry at all is starting to have some impact on my thinking. Really had no inclination to eat today and for somebody who hasn't gone a day without food cravings it's a bit of a shock. I had all the information to write this diet book eight years ago. Immediately after I published TheTruth About Food, I sent copies of the book to eight hundred medical practitioners in the London area. Their feedback was astounding and I realised that I had the basis of the book I am writing now. I could have saved myself a lot of lethargy if I had written it then and taken my own advice at the same time. It's easy telling other people what they should be doing.  Following your own advice is another matter.

I shall edit this post in the morning to enter my weight loss, this is not to bore everyone to distraction, it's so that anyone who decides to try the diet will know what kind of daily weight loss to expect. When recording a weight loss the best time to do it is first thing in the morning after ones ablutions.

Tomorrows post will explain more about the micro nutrients and how you turn your five a day into fifty a day.

*** Tuesday 6th August update 6.45 am.     Monday weighed  16 Stone.92
                                                            Tuesday weighed 16 Stone .84     Approx 1lb weight loss

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 06:51:28 AM by El Sid » Logged
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2013, 11:26:54 PM »

The feeling of not being hungry at all is starting to have some impact on my thinking. Really had no inclination to eat today and for somebody who hasn't gone a day without food cravings it's a bit of a shock. I had all the information to write this diet book eight years ago. Immediately after I published TheTruth About Food, I sent copies of the book to eight hundred medical practitioners in the London area. Their feedback was astounding and I realised that I had the basis of the book I am writing now. I could have saved myself a lot of lethargy if I had written it then and taken my own advice at the same time. It's easy telling other people what they should be doing.  Following your own advice is another matter.

I shall edit this post in the morning to enter my weight loss, this is not to bore everyone to distraction, it's so that anyone who decides to try the diet will know what kind of daily weight loss to expect. When recording a weight loss the best time to do it is first thing in the morning after ones ablutions.

Tomorrows post will explain more about the micro nutrients and how you turn your five a day into fifty a day.

And isn't that the truth!!

Good luck Sid, will be following with interest  thumbs up

Royal Flush

Booooccccceeeeeee

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2013, 01:23:15 AM »

Subscribed, number one Sid fan so not a surprise.

[19:44:40] Oracle: WE'RE ALL GOING ON A SPANISH HOLIDAY! TRIGGS STABLES SHIT!
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2013, 05:09:39 PM »

Today I weighed in at 16 stone .84, maintaining the approx. 1 pound a day weight loss.

The answer to the loss of food cravings are micro nutrients. To extract these micro nutrients from the planet you need a juicer. In the U.K a really durable juicer costs around £100. In the U.S.A they are far cheaper. No surprise there.

The bad news is a juicer has to be cleaned thoroughly each time it is used the good news is, because of the way this diet is set up, you only need to clean it every other day.

The diet ensures that you get your five a day multiplied by ten. The diet is based on a forty-eight hour cycle. All cravings for carbohydrates and sugars are gone after the first three days.

Exercise comes into the equation – for couch potatoes it means three or four ten minute walks a week, walking as fast as you can. But it’s going to be different for each person, according to their current weight and how much exercise they are already taking.

Will update tomorrow with a less dry post: I will leave you with a quote from my personal hero, Muhammad Ali –
“The man who views the world at fifty the same as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life”
Supernova

He who laughs last didn't get it.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2013, 07:13:58 PM »

Subscribed because I'm juicing too, have been for about 2 months now. Same tablets as Joe Cross but stronger & you wouldn't believe how fed up I am about them & the situation.

FWIW I got an Andrew James juicer on ebay for about 50.00 & a smoothie to go from Comet.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 08:57:22 PM by Supernova » Logged

And I need you more than want you.
And I want you for all time.
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2013, 09:48:42 PM »

To Supernova, thanks for following. What kind of weight loss have you had over two months and how do you feel in general?

All the best Sid.
RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2013, 11:47:03 PM »

Hi Sid

Good luck with your endeavours.

Im attempting to lose weight from 18st 12lbs but using the words 'healthy eating' instead of 'diet' as once I get down to a reasonable weight in region of 14st I want to keep it at that.

Im trying to enjoy my food but keep to smaller portions and although still enjoy the odd biscuit generally replace with fruit.

This has lead to a 9lb loss in 6 weeks and aiming for my first goal of 18st in next two weeks.

Should be doing more excercise as in walking my dog and swimming but blame the lack of that on work committments.

Ill be keeping an eye on your progress and that book.

cheers

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: