blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 09, 2024, 06:18:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272930 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Sid's Super Diet
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sid's Super Diet  (Read 29733 times)
Coggy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2013, 10:41:44 AM »

Hey Sid

You know I've been following along (asking some questions on FB etc) so thought I'd pop by.

I've not really found much info on how to build juicing in to regular diet once you've stopped the full juicing reboot period.  I am not a salad eater at all, been eating a lot of protein (Chicken, steak, mince) the last year and very little carbs at all.  Carbs no actually make me feel really bloated and uncomfortable and I really don't miss em.

so, my queston really is, can I go for a 2 juice a day and 'normal' evening meal for example ?

(I would do a 2 monthly or something 3 day complete detox)

I am not particularly over weight (maybe a stone tops) but want to do this for the health benefits.

Keep posting, great read.

P.S. For anyone else, this is something I found watched and sent Sid yesterday....pretty enlightening I thought...enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WuJrfYG7oh8
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2013, 04:01:53 PM »

To Red Fox, Souperova (Shaz) and last but not least Coggy. I'll answer in reverse order or thereabouts.

The documentary By Dr. Robert Young that Coggy mentions is really worth watching. I hope your juicer arrived Martin and you are up and running.

To Shaz, the fresh Turmeric is a different gravy. When it comes to books on diet, my own The Truth About Food, is still going strong, It's on Kindle and has good reviews.

With juicing, you need serious dedication, but that's not difficult due to how good you begin to feel. In less than a month I feel a genuine twenty years younger. It might sound like a gross exageration, but it's the truth. My sugar and carbohydrate addiction was sapping my strength. I was running on empty and needed to sleep every chance I could.

Played in Luton at the weekend, did not get to sleep until 3am. Sunday morning, was up and awake at 6am. Did not go to bed until 11pm. Sunday night. A month earlier I would have laughed if you said I could do this without a second thought.

To any older guys reading this, go out and buy a juicer, Blow out the Red Bull, Alcohol, Junk Food, Carbs, Sugar and all of the other crap and reclaim ten or twenty years of your life, within a month. Keep going for 6 months and you will be entering triathlons, no matter how shite you feel at the moment.

As for me, Shaz, I will play it by ear, one day at a time, and intuitively find my way back to being forty, It's twenty eight years since I was forty and I can't wait to get back there.

I will then buy a baseball cap and trainers and start four betting as if there is no tomorrrow and listen to a load of crap music on an I Phone, Sorry meant Rap Music.

I will expound on bet sizing, tell players what I put them on as I am the seventh son of a seventh son. Explain that I knew their range within ten minutes of sitting at the table and a load of other bollocks.

Growing old is insideous, you eventually believe that you ought to feel lethargic, you start looking at care homes and begin visiting funeral parlours, to see if there are any good deals. If you want to disperse a crowd of older people, start talking about death, nobody wants to discuss the next thing on the agenda.

Nobody has a good word about the ageing process; and rightly so. If you manage to acquire some wisdom it will fall on deaf ears. Everybody insists on making their own mistakes - they willl never believe that you made that mistake virtually a lifetime ago and could tell them how to swerve it.

I was a mug, in as much as, I have had a juicer sitting in my kitchen for ages and never bothered to use it. This makes me bloody angry with myself.

Fancy somewhere within the rant, I answered Red Fox' question too. 0h! "Don't lose weight too quiclly" is something of an old wive's tale. If you're getting more nutrients than you did when you were putting it on, you are in a win, win, situation. After the initial fast weight loss, the body slows weight loss naturally, that's what gets the goat of dieters. Your autonomic system remains in charge.

I might have said this somewhere within the post but it's worth repeating. If the pharmacutical companies could get their hands on this juice, they would serve it up at £199.99 a pint. You can make a pint for about two quid.

Juicing is a no brainer. I have seen too many friends who had everything to live for - destroy themselves for the sake of eating a load of crap - or sometimes, too much good food.

Give yourself a shot in the arm, go out and buy a juicer and a tenner's worth of veg. Spring green, courgette, cucumber, beetroot, tomato, carrot, lemon or lime wash it well and throw it in with the skin. Any green veg you can lay your hands on.

Bang in some gnger, garlic, turmeric, some black pepper. Sod the fact that it doesn't taste as delicious as a McDonald's shake. (Grat drink for wannabee diabetics.)

Man up and drink the juice. Do it every day for a fortnight, you will be hooked by then and you will feel a million dollars. Your brain will function so much faster that you might go out and win a million dollars, you are in a game where anything is possible.

Will sign off for a few days now, as I have a pile of work to catch up on, thankfully now I have the energy to steam through it.

All the best. El Sid,  Sid Harris.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 04:03:49 PM by El Sid » Logged
RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2013, 06:39:11 PM »

Magnificent Sid - a juicer it is then  Smiley
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2013, 06:54:22 PM »

<3

I've just ordered this from Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/Andrew-James-Professional-Juicer-Cleaning/dp/B003Q82Q3C

It has good reviews and is about 25% of the cost incurred when buying one of Heston's.

El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2013, 08:52:06 PM »

To Marky and Red Dog,

Sorry about the hard sell, just wouldn't like anyone to experience Illness when it can be avoided.

This is not snake oil, just common sense. Instead of five a day you will be getting twenty five a day plus.

The nutrients will be as fresh as you like and buzzing when they hit your digestive system and straight into the bloodsream. Load yourselves with micro-nutrients for a couple of weeks. Feel fantastic and then post here and get everybody at it.

If you feel like something in the way of solid food, go for a bowl of porridge made with water, flavour it with peanut butter, Merridian do one that is 100% peanuts and it contains the paper thin red skins which are an important nutrient.
All calories are not equal - peanuts raise your metabolism so in small amounts they half-negate their own calorie content.

The only thing I would definitely add to your juicing diet is the occasional avocado - no need to juice it, and each day a handful (and no more than a handful) of almonds and walnuts. ~ Get hold of a copy of The Truth About Food - On Kindle - The fruit and vegetable glossary at the back will be useful when you're juicing. The book costs peanuts.

As you make the transition - if you get the munchies - Oat cakes with smoked salmon - three or four
A couple of hard boiled eggs on oat cakes - three or four. Will not do any damage, most likely you won't even need to in the initial stages. Get over the first crucial three days and you will be flying.

Nigella Lawson's, recently estranged and speedily divorced husband - Charles Saatchi - Lost a ton of weight living on just hard boiled eggs. I wouldn't advise this diet, you might end up trying to strangle the missus.

Essentially, you are on to a good thing, your intuition will do most of the work, and as Dr. Young says - "You won't  have to give up the food that is killing you - It will actually give you up."

Remember - when you give up tea or coffee, you will have a headache for a couple of days, once it's out of the system - no problem.

I wish you all luck with Juicing. Hopefully the silent majority that just watch and don't write will give it a go as well and reap the benefits. All the best   El Sid,  Sid Harris.
Coggy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2013, 09:25:57 PM »

My Heston turned up today and being the veggie hating chicken i am, I tried 2 tonight.  (after having steak as I'm planning to start this properly at the weekend and do 3 or 5 days juicing only).  BTW, is steak occasionally gonna be ok Sid ? I loves a steak !!!

I went for a Green Strawberry first :

6 strawberries
1 apple
6-8 kale leaves (I've no idea about kale and it came in a bag i got so i threw in a handful)
2 celery sticks

This i thought was ok, but the celery to strong a taste for me.  I'll try again and maybe add a 2n apple

Then a lemon zinger :

chunk of lemon (i had half)
2 apples
2 carrots
ginger
ice

This was awesome, came out orange but super lemony.

My housemate tried both and prefered the 1st so different tastes will obviously like different juices.

It's also pretty fun atm, felt like a bloke using a power tool :-)

Will check out some more recipe's as got a recipe book free with my juicer but so far more than happy.  See how i feel in the morning, but right now, i'm super full up !!!

Did you cash Sunday Sid if you were there till 11pm Sunday ?

El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2013, 12:05:52 PM »

I was there till well after midnight, it was well worth it. I have a major leak to plug before I go to Florida, but it's only one leak (that I know of) and easily fixed - It's about putting down specific hands; regardless if the buy in is one hundred pound or thousands. The Re-entry mentality has not improved the game, proper freezouts are the way forward. Nowaday's when you need to change gear, it's as if the sychro-mesh gearbox was never invented.

When I wrote The Truth About Food, I had been a vegetarian for twenty five years, all that changed and I went back to occasionally eating meat. If you really want to enjoy a steak, don't eat one for twenty five years then try one.

High quality protein is fine, include a few almonds and walnuts (no more than a handful) in the mix.

Good luck with your juicing. Three days on and three days off, will work wonders. Mix it up a juice in the morning and an evening meal. Once carbohydrate and sugar cravings are gone it[s easy to do it any way you like.

To those of you who eat anything. Those liberty takers Tesco are charging 40p each for an apple, that is disgusting,
but on the other hand BHS who do a massive full English for £4 are charging half price between 9 and 10 am. There can't be any better value on the planet.

Support anyone who gives value, the rip off merchants don't deserve to be in business.

All the best. Sid Harris. El Sid.
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2013, 12:16:27 PM »

"If you really want to enjoy a steak, don't eat one for twenty five years then try one."

The older I get, the better I was.
Coggy

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2013, 02:23:45 PM »

Haha.

So what meals you suggest ? (remember not everyone can stomach salads and veggies etc)

I'm assuming that after 'x' amount of time you'll go back to eating at least 1 meal per day, so what meals are ok ?

I've noticed the stuff I've found re Joe Cross and Drew Canole, they don't really say much and certainly not outside of salads with fish (I'm not a fish lover either)

Or is the idea these juices whilst doing the good will also change your taste buds ? (I've always liked the look of a salad just couldn't eat one !!!)
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2013, 02:31:57 PM »

To Coggy, Play it by ear, any inclination you had towards, carbs, sugar, refined foods will diminish dramaticall - you will make all the right choices without trying.

All the best Sid.
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2013, 07:18:46 AM »

Have posted this link - just about says it all. http://fitlife.tv/day-65-1-day-and-a-lifetime-to-go-with-juicing/
Patonius2000

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2013, 02:22:15 PM »

1lb a day is an absurd rate of weight loss. How many calories do you consume daily? How many grams protein/carbs/fat?
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2013, 05:52:29 PM »

1lb a day is an absurd rate of weight loss. How many calories do you consume daily? How many grams protein/carbs/fat?

To Patonious, I'll leave it to you to work out how many calories and grams of protein, carbs and fat are in a couple of pints of fresh vegetable juice which includes fresh ginger and turmeric. All I can tell you is that this absurd weight loss brought me, and has brought many others back from the brink in a very short time.

Go tell Joe Cross that he's absurd. Tell the people who have swerved debilitating prescription drugs.

You strike me as a man with a point of view and It would be interesting if you could enlighten me as to why losing a pound a day (for as long as the body is willing to lose it) is absurd.

Is it as absurd as having a gastric band fitted? Or as absurd as deciding that we are all going to hell in a bucket so let's eat another dozen doughnuts and a family sized tub of Ice Cream.? Is it as absurd as doctors prescribing statins to every mug and his missus regardless of the side effect; which is early onset dementia? Is it as absurd in us living in a prescription drug driven culture where doctors have five minutes with a patient? just enough time to prescribe the fashionable drug of the moment? -

Many of the drugs prescribed ten years ago are now regarded as not remotely what they were purported to be. Will this not be the case in ten years time for many of the drugs being prescribed today?

This is the dictionary definition of absurd - just in case you used the wrong word in error.
absurd  (b-sûrd, -zûrd)
adj.
1. Ridiculously incongruous or unreasonable. See Synonyms at foolish.
2. Of, relating to, or manifesting the view that there is no order or value in human life or in the universe.
3. Of or relating to absurdism or the absurd.

I don't think I'm being ridiculous, I don't think I'm incongruous, I don't think I'm being unreasonable. I think that the idea of eating fresh, live, micro nutrients in tangible quantities is of value to human life.

Enlighten Me,  Sid Harris

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2013, 06:00:22 PM »

Hi Sid, I'm as suspicious of juicing as any other diet/lifestyle/etc plan..too much vested interests on behalf of the main advocates for my liking.

What would be wrong with simply eating a moderate amount of unprocessed food each day and using our legs frequently to move around... kinda like we're supposed to

sola virtus nobilitat
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2013, 06:13:42 PM »

To Nirvana:
Who are the vested interests in juicing vegetables and fruit. The vegetable and fruit growers on this planet (Bless Them)
Once you've bought the juicer - that's your only outlay. The reason for juicing is you could never get the amount of fresh micro nutrients into your system eating vegetables and fruit, your system would never handle the amount in its regular form.

In juice form it goes straight in live. twenty to thirty minutes after you have made the juice it's losing its potency big time. You have to live it to experience it. Everybody is entitled to be skeptical about diet fads.

As for using your legs frequently, that's fabulous if you have legs, for seven years of my life I hobbled about with a stick due to an interesting sports injury. I could not get my leg fixed until medical technology invented the Birmingham Hip, make no mistake, I may moan at the medical profession when they are being absurd, but when they do it right nobody praises them more than me. But medicine is much like poker, doctor's often have to go all in but it's not chips that are at stake, it's somebody's life.

My lack of exercise was enforced by my physical situation - a fate that befalls many.

All the best     Sid Harris
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: