blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 09:51:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Sid's Super Diet
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Sid's Super Diet  (Read 29173 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2013, 07:17:01 PM »

Then both Red Dog and my good self have blundered, I put my hands up, wrong again. Sorry to have got you all out of bed.

All the best,  Sid Harris,  El Sid.

No problem Sid, I accept your apology.

Marlon Brando once glued me to a yak, but that's another story

Have a fry up, juiced if necessary, you'll feel better.

Kind Regards, Tom McCready, RED-DOG.

« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 07:19:03 PM by RED-DOG » Logged

The older I get, the better I was.
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 26, 2013, 10:50:56 AM »

I heard the story about you and Marlon Brando, It's when you both auctioned for the film Deliverance, Burt Reynolds got the part that Brando wanted because Brando asked for too much money, and thankfully Ned Beatty got the part you were after. You had heard that there was some wanton sex going spare in the movie; but didn't realise that you would be on the receiving end of it. Is it true that a shiver runs up your spine every time you hear, Duel for Guitar and Banjo?

Brando iterated his greatest line when a mass of reporters turned up at his house after Christian, his son, had killed Brando's son in law. He said, "Tragedy has come to my door." indeed it had. Brando's eating disorder was second to none excavated by the catalogue of family tragedies that visited him from that moment.

Deliverance is acknowledged as the only decent film Burt Reynolds ever made; he did make a poker film called Deal. It should have been called, No Deal. You see more creativity on this site on a rainy Wednesday afternoon, in the bad beat section.

As for Ned Beatty, he was a no nonsense grafter, no fragile ego here, he should have got Oscar for best actor, let alone best supporting actor in Network. Can't remember offhand the movie in which he made a totally riveting ten minute speech, which must have picked him up one of his many awards.

But the interesting part still remains, the now you see it now you dont bit.

A piece of this diary went missing because you were very rude to someone who was totally innocent and just trying to be helpful.

At least enlighten us to the helpful innocent who I was very rude to? I will send him a basket of fruit from Fortnums to make up for my rudeness.

Time is running out, I am about to put my life savings on the line in Florida, I have nothing to lose, I will be the terminal at the terminal, so I don't give a shite.  Enlighten me before I go.

All the Best,  Sid Harris,  El Sid.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 10:55:26 AM by El Sid » Logged
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #107 on: August 26, 2013, 11:39:54 AM »

If you don't give a shite there's not much point is there?

Enjoy Florida

The older I get, the better I was.
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2013, 02:14:49 PM »

To Red Dog,

Do you think anybody gives a shite, you have created a rule for yourself and a rule for any poor bugger who wanders onto this site. All you have done, by avoiding a straight and honest answer is devalued your integrity and the integrity of the site. (That's the dropping of the H; shite without the H).

I have nothing against you personally, at least I have met you in real life and you come over as a decent and above board character. Somebody on this site spoke of character assassination. Why would you want to do that to yourself?

There is no shame in being wrong, maybe you jumped to a conclusion, there's no shame in that. The shame lies in avoiding the simple issue and making it look like you weren't mistaken and that others are in the wrong. That is hardly fair.

I would far sooner that you and I were both in the wrong, than it was passed on to others by means of evasion, just to save another frail ego.

If I am accused of pedantry here, that's fine, much of the ethos of the place is a pedant-fest.

This is all constructive criticism which will improve the Blonde experience in the future.

I'll make an educated guess that there are many who attempted to say something on this site and came up against one clique or another and never bothered again.

By preserving, and protecting, the hard core cliques, for fear of losing the few, you would have lost multitudes. If you ever find the time to read Elias Canettis, Crowds and Power, you will get a notion of where you are going wrong.

All the best Sid Harris. El Sid.

Coggy

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 06, 2013, 09:52:32 AM »

You back Sid ?

how the trip go ?

Did you continue juicing whilst away or have a lapse/sabatical ?
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 31, 2013, 11:46:13 AM »

Thought of you as I made my first ever 'juice'

I hope you're well, wherever you are, squire Wink

ExiledDub

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 02, 2013, 05:24:48 PM »

Have to say that this, for me, was another example of a great thread on blonde.  I think that there were some superbly thoughtful posts from multiple contributors starting with Sid's passionate preaching of the benefits of juicing to the queries from others as to the beneficial claims of juicing.  Personally, I learnt a great amount from the debate  especially Patonius's calorie deficit post.  The only disappointing aspect for me was how it somehow ended like many threads here with some form of dispute, snide comment, fallout etc. but I guess that's forums for you and to some extent part of the blonde entertainment package.  To some extent reading this thread encouraged me to amplify a healthy eating drive that I had started around the same time. Since then I've cut out carbs (particularly bread and pasta), stopped eating sweets/chocolate (for the most part..have the odd bit at the weekend), reduced consumption of fizzy drinks from 1 a day to probably 1 a week and have added in lots of veg, meat/fish, fruit and increased my sporting activities...not rocket science but it's been effective for me.  Am down 16lbs and still loosing ~1lb a week.  So what's my point?  Well maybe I'm trying to say thank you to Sid, Patonious and everyone else for a great thread.
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2014, 04:57:47 PM »

Thanks for the kind thoughts:
Interesting thread I came across:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=OoYZUhGNiuQ
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 08, 2014, 03:40:50 PM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/australiaandthepacific/australia/10545857/Vegans-powered-by-raw-food-complete-year-of-daily-mar

Food for thought.
El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 08, 2014, 03:49:49 PM »

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 08, 2014, 05:53:13 PM »

Oioi!!

Happy New Year, Sid Wink

El Sid

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 09, 2014, 02:49:15 PM »

Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year to you Marky and to all Blonde followers.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 09, 2014, 09:04:01 PM »

What's next on the Sid checklist?

Had gambling and food.

How about a book about sex?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
RedFox

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 14, 2014, 12:49:25 AM »

What's next on the Sid checklist?

Had gambling and food.

How about a book about sex?

Could be juicy
Ragz

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 16, 2014, 04:20:32 AM »

The whole juicing phenomenon is, like any health subject, a very ambiguous and debated one. There are people religiously against it, and people swearing by it. I myself have researched health and nutrition solidly for...I am into my 3rd year now. Probably on average more hours a day than I play poker too!! So I can pretty safely say I probably know more about the subject than virtually any GP (lol that profession) in the world, and perhaps even the majority of most health "professions". The people who get into anything to do with health, be it doctors, nurses whoever, "learn" so much then use what they were "taught" as gospel and rarely carry on seeking the truth. They don't realise that they've only been taught what the goverment wants them to preach, and that my friends, is how to make money and shorten human lives, otherwise the planet will be overpopulated far too quickly.

Cancer cures aren't wanted, they don't want us to find out how to be TRULY healthy. For decades it's been preached that cholesterol is bad. LOLOLOL IT'S ESSENTIAL!!! It makes up 80% of breast milk!!! So they spread the bullshit that cholesterol is bad, get everyone on drugs that in fact gives them alzheimers, parkinsons and generally shortens lives by decades, and job done!! Cholesterol is just a pee in the ocean regarding the amount of crap governments have spread around the world about nutrition.

However, even what I've just typed above has only been "read" by me on some internet pages, so maybe that could all be bullcrap too...but common sense tells you it's really not likely. After all if you had to choose who to believe, is it going to be all the sticklers screaming about what was naturally put on this earth for humans to evolve from/with, or goverments trying in vain to inject toxins into your system that are used otherwise as industrial waste cleaner and the like. Yes I'm talking about the contents of all vaccinations, another massive topic on the poisoning of the human race.

Anyways, what I wanted to comment mostly on was the whole FIBRE issue with juicing. I've only recently started juicing and before that was blending. Blending keeps all the INSOLUBLE fibre. All I can relate to it so far is that this is the stinky part of food lol. When you juice, the pulp that comes out the end contains most of the insoluble fibre and you immediately notice the smell, and realise wow this is what my farts reek of after a load of broccoli eaten as an ordinary meal, or what your poop might smell of too.

This is where I get confused. I'm reading juicing isn't great because it excludes this fibre and basically extracting certain parts of any given natural food surely can't be good. It's like the whols MSG thing, MSG is a vegetable extract, so at first you think well hey, VEGETABLE, it must be good then. But it's actually extracting a certain part of not just vegetables but mostly rotten veg scraps no use to anyone, and is just a highly concentrated protein without everything else from a vegetable that would make it safe, has now rendered it extremely harmful.

Obviously that comparison isn't even close, there's no way on earth extracting the insoluble fibre from fruit n veg is as bad as MSG in a million years, but it got me thinking. When I think of theories as to just what humans are MEANT to eat (as no bugger actually knows), I try hard to imagine just wtf nature is trying to tell us. Ok so there's loads of this insoluble fibre in fruits, green leaf etc and if we eat veg in copious amounts we're gonna get diarrhea and have lots of gas, stomach pains etc. Surely this means nature only intended us to eat SO much veg. Let's imagine 50k years ago, they probably went days sometimes weeks without any food at all and then found a shedload of plant/bushery or whatever was edible back then, so had to ration it out not knowing when they would find more. Or even if they had constant supply, chances are they weren't gorging so much of the stuff in the volume that we are getting it through juicing. They would've eaten just enough to stop being too hungry, and if they ate too much they would've have digestion problems. Nature's insoluble fibre saying "eh up, you've had enough, that's all you need for optimal growth/existence".

However, maybe nature intended us to discover juicing. Just like we created drugs today, way back then they would've looked for ways to heal people who got ill through whatever means (altho technically you could say if they're eating fruit n veg they should never get ill), and I'm pretty sure they would thought up ways to extract the juice from fruit n veg using whatever means, pretty easily. And used it as a medicine. Simply a more concentrated form of what we're meant to eat. What turns it from food to medicine is the fact they've taken out the pooey fibre which enables them to overdose to buggery on the vits/mins/enzymes without the problem of shitting throught the eye of a needle. Not to mention the theory I have that all pips, seeds, stones etc of fruits were perhaps meant to be collected up and possibly used as a medicine also, as the arsenic, cyanide and whatever else is contained in them can be used to attack diseased cells and give them a good pasting.

After all this soluble v insoluble fibre confusion, it then occurs that perhaps juicing ISN'T separating it as much as it's preached. When I juice, I notice a thickish foam forms on top of the mesh that sits on the juice catcher, and when this builds up it actually stops more juice getting through. This must be like kind of half juice half pulp that didn't make it throught the pulp exit but isn't juicy enough to make it through the final mesh and this too has a bit of a smell to it, indicating that at least SOME insoluble fibre does get through. What I then do is mush that lot thru the mesh using the prodder thing, then pur it all out and back through the mesh once again, mush it through again and repeat and eventually it all becomes as thin as the rest of the juice. Pretty sure that's enough insoluble getting in there then!

If it isn't however then I am blending fruits anyway. I'm not even using the juicer for fruits, solely veg. I'm still gonna continue to blend fruits because in the diet has to include stuff like coconut oil, coconut itself, maca powder, sometimes cacao powder, chlorella, spirulina, all thgins that can't be sent through a juicer, and mostly just to be absolutely sure we are getting a decent amount of insoluble fibre too.

To conclude, all juicing can really be is either cheating nature and finding a way to turn it's food into almighty powerful, or simply doing what nature intended us to do, make medicine that we actually now use as daily food instead which prevents disease in the first place. COMPLICATED SHIT EITHER WAY!!!! 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: