blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 01:13:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Progressive Poker From $0
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Progressive Poker From $0  (Read 14751 times)
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 09, 2013, 06:11:56 PM »

Oh my.

Utterly fascinating.

Will comment further about that - possibly at great length - when time permits.

Am very interested in shipping tanker logistics, where time is money, especially turn-round time.

Can't believe I am going to say this but +1.

Blue Humour

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2013, 03:31:51 AM »

Hey Guys,

Just on here to post I got through to Day 2 of the Deepstack Mini.

Unfortunately it's more 'mini' than 'deepstack'.

However, with an M of approx. 10 into 3000/6000/1000 I'm still kicking!
polerization

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2013, 06:44:05 AM »

This diary seems very interesting will defo be following, was finding ways to clean ships a childhood dream or did you just fall in to it?
congrats on making day 2 and GLGLGLGL!
Blue Humour

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2013, 10:08:10 AM »

Not much sleep after the deepstack, but got cricket today.

We're second in the league and we're playing the runaway firsts. Opening the batting, let's score some runs!

Blue Humour

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2013, 10:11:10 AM »

This diary seems very interesting will defo be following, was finding ways to clean ships a childhood dream or did you just fall in to it?
congrats on making day 2 and GLGLGLGL!

I just sort of fell into it, to be honest! It's way more interesting than I make it sound, but I'm glad people are interested.

I'll try going into detail about one of the projects I'm doing this week some time if people are up for that Smiley
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2013, 10:34:40 AM »

U introduce yourself but u never mentioned ur name . Have u got one dude ?
Blue Humour

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2013, 01:58:37 AM »

Okay, so cricket didn't go as planned today.

First of all, I opened the batting and was out for a duck after somehow attempting to pull the ball for an immaculate four, yet failing miserably and hitting myself in the helmet and being caught at gully.

We scored 130 off 46 overs but the opposition knocked them off in 40...

Also, a bit of sledging got out of hand. My dad plays for the same team I do and gets... shall we say... quite.. 'competitive'. Usually it's well received, but this time, he went a little too far.

Details: Batsman made a clear edge and was given not out. Couple of overs later was given out LBW. Dad says "try and get out of that one, mate!" and the opposing batsmen said "keep your mouth shut before I drop you, pal." Seemed to escalate pretty quickly. Don't like confrontations like this when they get violent.

My dad has certain problems with his mental health, but he finds 'chipping away' at opposition helps him 'raise his game', but sometimes it can get out of hand. I may decide to go into discussion about this at a later date. It's a serious matter.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back into Notts to stay at the university house before tomorrow's 1pm start at DTD.

Met up with some uni friends and had a good old chat and pint in 'spoons.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Going to read Harrington on Hold 'em's section on short stack play in his book "The End Game" as I'll need some help for tomorrow's stab at the 10k.

Wish me luck!

Blue Humour

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2013, 02:00:16 AM »

The name's Jimmy. My apologies 'Chippyman', aka Huh?, my introduction failed on the most basic level. "WHO AM I?"
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2013, 03:37:35 AM »

The name's Jimmy. My apologies 'Chippyman', aka Huh?, my introduction failed on the most basic level. "WHO AM I?"

Is ur surname SAVILLE by any chance ? Checked the Dtd day 2 players and can't find Jimmy ! Why not telling ur real name ? Something to hide ?
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2013, 04:16:18 AM »

Is ur surname SAVILLE by any chance ? Checked the Dtd day 2 players and can't find Jimmy ! Why not telling ur real name ? Something to hide ?

can confirm he made day 2, frankie. rest easy mate.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2013, 06:52:13 AM »

good luck with the online mission from $0 if you want to play MTT's you will need to start with 45/90/180 SNGs and playing 1hr a day wont be enough time.

poker stars A.COIMBRA is currently doing a $100-$100k 1 year challenge playing solely MTT's reading the blog will give you a good idea on what games to play and how to approach them, dont forget daily MTT freeroll's

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/tournaments/

acoimbra.com/page/13/

To win at poker is to not have to play
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2013, 08:25:39 AM »

Good luck today Boat Cleaning Research Bloke.

Keep us posted.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2013, 08:30:36 AM »

Worry not.

It's a very strange thing, you know. 90% of the Members who sign up never introduce themselves. I'd no more go shopping stark naked or watch Breaking Bad Bollox  than join a Forum & not at least introduce myself, but the Internet has completely changed society, & how we interact.

As you can see, once we learned a bit about you, the thread found its legs. Where are you from or what do you do for a living is all it takes, or your hobbies etc & people really are interested.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2013, 09:09:46 AM »

Worry not.

It's a very strange thing, you know. 90% of the Members who sign up never introduce themselves. I'd no more go shopping stark naked or watch Breaking Bad Bollox  than join a Forum & not at least introduce myself, but the Internet has completely changed society, & how we interact.

As you can see, once we learned a bit about you, the thread found its legs. Where are you from or what do you do for a living is all it takes, or your hobbies etc & people really are interested.

Hi TK . If I wanted to read blogs or books , I defo wanted to know who's blogs it is or who wrote the book . But he/she don't even bother to tell his name or like to keep it secret , then let it be .
horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2013, 09:10:51 AM »

That does not sound very "nasty" sledging to me?

In our local league i doubt that would even get a reaction let alone an offer to knock you out!

Good luck with the diary
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: