blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:09:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Progressive Poker From $0
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Progressive Poker From $0  (Read 14748 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2013, 09:39:25 AM »

U introduce yourself but u never mentioned ur name . Have u got one dude ?

The name's Jimmy. My apologies 'Chippyman', aka Huh?, my introduction failed on the most basic level. "WHO AM I?"

Worry not.

It's a very strange thing, you know. 90% of the Members who sign up never introduce themselves. I'd no more go shopping stark naked or watch Breaking Bad Bollox  than join a Forum & not at least introduce myself, but the Internet has completely changed society, & how we interact.

As you can see, once we learned a bit about you, the thread found its legs. Where are you from or what do you do for a living is all it takes, or your hobbies etc & people really are interested.

Hi TK . If I wanted to read blogs or books , I defo wanted to know who's blogs it is or who wrote the book . But he/she don't even bother to tell his name or like to keep it secret , then let it be .

Yes, but it's not "don't bother" Frankie, we just interact in a very different way these days.

Whenever I join a poker table I always say hi to everyone. I don't half get some weird looks though.....

What the hell, that man SPOKE TO ME. Obvious nutcase.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2013, 10:15:35 AM »

good luck with the online mission from $0 if you want to play MTT's you will need to start with 45/90/180 SNGs and playing 1hr a day wont be enough time.

poker stars A.COIMBRA is currently doing a $100-$100k 1 year challenge playing solely MTT's reading the blog will give you a good idea on what games to play and how to approach them, dont forget daily MTT freeroll's

http://www.pokerstars.com/vip/tournaments/

acoimbra.com/page/13/

Wow sick blog how did i not know about this before. An inspiration to people everywhere.

Legend!
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2013, 11:52:37 AM »

U introduce yourself but u never mentioned ur name . Have u got one dude ?

The name's Jimmy. My apologies 'Chippyman', aka Huh?, my introduction failed on the most basic level. "WHO AM I?"

Worry not.

It's a very strange thing, you know. 90% of the Members who sign up never introduce themselves. I'd no more go shopping stark naked or watch Breaking Bad Bollox  than join a Forum & not at least introduce myself, but the Internet has completely changed society, & how we interact.

As you can see, once we learned a bit about you, the thread found its legs. Where are you from or what do you do for a living is all it takes, or your hobbies etc & people really are interested.

Hi TK . If I wanted to read blogs or books , I defo wanted to know who's blogs it is or who wrote the book . But he/she don't even bother to tell his name or like to keep it secret , then let it be .

Yes, but it's not "don't bother" Frankie, we just interact in a very different way these days.

Whenever I join a poker table I always say hi to everyone. I don't half get some weird looks though.....

What the hell, that man SPOKE TO ME. Obvious nutcase.

Last post here for me . Gl Mr Saville
Blue Humour

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 11, 2013, 02:34:48 PM »

Busted the Deepstack Mini.

Out in 106. Shame. 99 places paid. Decided not to just sit and wait for the bubble to burst.

---------------------------------------------------------

Limits 4000/8000/1000. My stack 86,000.

UTG+1 (stack approx. 150,000) raised to 24,000. I shove UTG+3 with  .

Folded round to original raiser who calls with 

Flop comes 

Turn 

River  two spades

------------------------------------------------------

So, my first multi-day deepstack event: put a lot of time and effort in and left with no financial gain. However, I think I got some good experience. I enjoyed having the time to establish an image and the flexibility to make moves. It's definitely something I want to do again, but I think I'll wait a few weeks.
I'm curious as to whether they'll ever run a deepstack of this value again, the overlays have been pretty hefty, so I hear.

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2013, 02:40:06 PM »

Hi there are two more of these scheduled. Of the first two last week got very close to the guarantee, this week less so

Monday 12th August - Sunday 18th August
Monday 26th August - Sunday 1st September

All the details are on http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/news/50-deepstack-mini---50000-gtd-%2810000-to-the-winner-gtd%29/2350

Unlucky on getting so close to a cash.

I update some of the DTD events so if I am up for one of those weekends coming up and you are there come and say hello and I will take your pic for the blog

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Blue Humour

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 11, 2013, 07:57:53 PM »

Hi there are two more of these scheduled. Of the first two last week got very close to the guarantee, this week less so

Monday 12th August - Sunday 18th August
Monday 26th August - Sunday 1st September

All the details are on http://www.dusktilldawnpoker.com/news/50-deepstack-mini---50000-gtd-%2810000-to-the-winner-gtd%29/2350

Unlucky on getting so close to a cash.

I update some of the DTD events so if I am up for one of those weekends coming up and you are there come and say hello and I will take your pic for the blog

Hi There,

Thanks for this info. I'll have to think about whether I come down for those. £60 is at the very top of my buy-in range so once a month is probably sensible for now. It's a shame because I felt like I had the chance to play a much higher quality of poker with the structure in place. Who knows? If I do well this week, I may roll the dice.

And yeah, if I do end up playing, I'll make sure to come and introduce myself. Is there anywhere I can see this blog?

TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 11, 2013, 08:12:02 PM »

all the live updates from DTD are at http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2013, 11:58:26 PM »

nothing wrong with some good sledging! having played/play cricket at professional level i can tell u it gets nastier and more abusive! just a little more clever than 'ill deck you'!
and im sure your dad doesnt mind you commenting on his mental health Tongue
good luck with it all, will have a follow, not sure how u can grind those 9man sngs, sooooo boring!!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2013, 06:09:22 AM »

Welcome to blonde, if you really want to play mtts at your bank roll level I recomend trying the 45 man turbos you nearly have 100 BI at the 3.50 level

games last about 90 mins and if you can fit in 2 hours you can get 4-6 in multi tabling

I was playing them at 7$ level for a cpl of weeks last month till I had to take a break

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
Blue Humour

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2013, 08:41:56 AM »

all the live updates from DTD are at http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0

None for this week?
Blue Humour

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 12, 2013, 09:48:53 AM »

Welcome to blonde, if you really want to play mtts at your bank roll level I recomend trying the 45 man turbos you nearly have 100 BI at the 3.50 level

games last about 90 mins and if you can fit in 2 hours you can get 4-6 in multi tabling

I was playing them at 7$ level for a cpl of weeks last month till I had to take a break

Thanks for this, I'll give them a go tonight. For some reason I've always avoided turbos and warmed to regular formats, but as I'm tight for time, I guess I have to adapt.

I'll let you know how I get on.
Blue Humour

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2013, 10:02:27 AM »

nothing wrong with some good sledging! having played/play cricket at professional level i can tell u it gets nastier and more abusive! just a little more clever than 'ill deck you'!
and im sure your dad doesnt mind you commenting on his mental health Tongue
good luck with it all, will have a follow, not sure how u can grind those 9man sngs, sooooo boring!!

All it was was a little banter. I don't play at a particularly high level, but I expect in the better divisions the players are either better at dealing with it, or replying to it in a way that doesn't cause problems.

When "you've gone for more runs in your first over than your openers did in their whole spell" is reacted to with near violence rather than a smart reply or taking a wicket, it's a bit off.

9 man sngs are beautiful. Okay, they can be quite mechanical and sometimes boring. But they're where I learnt my game and found my feet, I've got to show them some respect!
Ironside
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2013, 11:35:19 AM »

Thanks for this, I'll give them a go tonight. For some reason I've always avoided turbos and warmed to regular formats, but as I'm tight for time, I guess I have to adapt.

I'll let you know how I get on.
if you check out the thread I had on them on the online staking board you can see they are very swingy but good fun

lend me a beer and I'll lend you my ear
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2013, 11:48:00 AM »

haha i agree, i do love a bit of sledging though!!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
Blue Humour

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2013, 09:52:15 PM »

Got into work fairly early today. Quite a busy day. Compared the effectiveness of a few cleaning products on steel that had been immersed in vegetable oil.

Also, been talking of an arbitration case for a shipping company who were transporting vegetable oil after their sixth previous cargo was benzene. Despite there being a big time gap between the two cargoes, some benzene had been found in the vegetable oil by the receiver. They weren't happy about this and are suing the ship owner for not carrying out the correct cleaning process. However, the ship owner insists that the correct cleaning process had been followed. So, the question must be "does the recommended cleaning process ACTUALLY work". And so we're investigating that.

I had the chance to take some pictures of the old workplace, thought it might improve the diary a tad and elevate it from utterly boring to just a bit uninteresting.

No, this isn't something off of breaking bad and I cannot provide you with good gear. Although it just so happens I am in that part of town.

Click to see full-size image.

Going to be alone here for 3 weeks as the boss is on holiday. I feel the chances of me blowing something up in this time are uncomfortably high.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I returned from work I decided to sit down and play some poker.

Here are my results for the day:

I didn't cash in my first 7 games, but then I got some good results.

Placed 1st in one 27 man and 2nd in a 45 man.

No terribly interesting hands, so I'll leave that out for today. Obviously took some bad beats, gave some bad beats, the usual, it happens. I'll try and give more details next time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Watched the new episode of Dragon's Den. Then remembered this classic:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, this is my dog, he's my good luck charm when playing poker. But DTD won't let him in. He's called Muffin:

Pretty random entries today. My apologies. I'll try and give it better structure in future!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: