blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 10:49:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Stars 180 Man Online Staking - SOLD OUT!!!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stars 180 Man Online Staking - SOLD OUT!!!  (Read 27009 times)
Amatay

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 12:32:14 PM »

Good post Pleno. I thought the same when i skimmed through this post. gl David!

There is no better feeling than rocking up in a city for the first time, with nowhere to stay and everything new - so liberating.
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 12:36:50 PM »

I always encourage as much input as possible.  But to use my favorite saying:  A camel is a horse designed by committee.

Absolutely agree with it been a grind, but theres only one way to find out if you can do it or not.  We decided on a cut in investors favour to start off with because David is unproven in these games.  Obviously he has the right to withdraw from deal at any point providing all funds are returned to investors, so if he starts killing it I'm sure someone will be in quickly to make him a better offer.

David will be playing these games 'semi-professionally' and he is not expecting to make a living from it straight away (it's up to him if he wants to give further details).  

From my point of view, I work full time and have still managed 1k+ games a month on evenings and weekends (think I did 1.6k games one month).  So David making 500 games having 40 hours a week to throw at it really shouldn't be a problem.  Even at 6 tables at once, which he can play now (and its only going to increase), thats still 10 games an hour, so he would only need to play 50 hours a month to make that target.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 12:40:01 PM by tomsom87 » Logged
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 12:55:09 PM »

10% please. Don't have anything on 'stars so bank transfer ok?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 12:58:54 PM »

Rest if I can do bank transfer.

Love a good work ethic me.

Allez!!
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 02:19:52 PM »

I'd love 10% if that's OK?

Booked. Many Thanks.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 02:20:49 PM »

As a fellow redundite I wish you all the luck in the world with this.

Thought about grinding to pay the bills myself but decided to take a few shots first then re-evaluate come Jan 2014.

Looking forward to the updates. glglgl.

Milli. 

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 02:23:24 PM »

will this be done "professionally"?

Not sure what you're suggesting with this?

As in will this be something David is looking to do for a main source of income, which of course lots of people do and is perfectly possible.

I don't know where your getting me taking 20% from?  It's going to cost me a few hours of my time and this will no doubt be a +ev stake at the level David is starting at.  It may be that David doesn't take to the games too well and doesn't find the motivation, but then what's the worst that can happen?  I lose a couple of hours of time and the investors lose a few quid (but still potentially get part / all of their investment back).  And that's worst case scenario.  The upside is that David takes to the games like a duck to water, starts making a decent amount of money for all involved and moves up through the stakes.

Any stake can potentially lose money, but I see no reason to come in and scaremonger a decent opportunity for David and investors.

Its anything but me trying to be a scaremonger, I could have chose very different tactics to do so.

It really isnt be trying to scare stakers away either, in fact, I was proposing they should get less of a % so if anything they may not want me to post, but definitely not trying to scare them away.

David is very new to this and I think should get a lot of feedback before going into this. Grinding professionally, full time or even seriously seems a lot easier than it is when youve never done it before. For example whats the most 180 mans David has played in a month? Playing 500 is really going to be a lot, its going to be a shock to the system and hes going to have to work his bollocks off.

I think he can do it, but Im just saying to him he needs to make the right decision before starting it and realizing in 2 months when in potential makeup, "FUCK ME THIS IS A FKN GRIND"

Like milli said, lots of people are like ahh this sounds like a decent way to grind, but its hard and at times its demoralizing and without experiencing downswings or playing poker online even semi seriously and then snap jumping in as a big grinder playing big volume is going to be difficult.

Ill not post if you dont think I should, but everybody being mr positive and just saying yayyy ez game isnt going to be the best feedback for David and thats EXACTLY what he needs before making a decision like this.

Thanks Patrick.
under no illusion that this gig will be tough. but in the best position ever to give this 150%. I am sure there will be ups and downs but will stay positive and the help of Tomsom87 will see us through.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 02:24:13 PM »

I always encourage as much input as possible.  But to use my favorite saying:  A camel is a horse designed by committee.

Absolutely agree with it been a grind, but theres only one way to find out if you can do it or not.  We decided on a cut in investors favour to start off with because David is unproven in these games.  Obviously he has the right to withdraw from deal at any point providing all funds are returned to investors, so if he starts killing it I'm sure someone will be in quickly to make him a better offer.

David will be playing these games 'semi-professionally' and he is not expecting to make a living from it straight away (it's up to him if he wants to give further details).  

From my point of view, I work full time and have still managed 1k+ games a month on evenings and weekends (think I did 1.6k games one month).  So David making 500 games having 40 hours a week to throw at it really shouldn't be a problem.  Even at 6 tables at once, which he can play now (and its only going to increase), thats still 10 games an hour, so he would only need to play 50 hours a month to make that target.

100% agree.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 02:24:57 PM »

10% please. Don't have anything on 'stars so bank transfer ok?

Booked Thanks Simon.

Will PM Bank Details.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 02:26:12 PM »

Rest if I can do bank transfer.

Love a good work ethic me.
Booked 10% Ed. Many Thanks.

Will send PM with Bank Details.

Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 06:55:22 PM »

Booked. Many Thanks.

Shall I just send $100 on Stars then? Today?
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 08:10:50 PM »

GL with this David

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
Rod

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2013, 12:27:11 AM »

GL with this Dave.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2013, 01:20:01 AM »

Have you won yet?

Good luck davie boy.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2013, 08:42:37 AM »

Booked. Many Thanks.

Shall I just send $100 on Stars then? Today?

Ditto, just let us know
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: