blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2024, 11:07:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272572 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Stars 180 Man Online Staking - SOLD OUT!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stars 180 Man Online Staking - SOLD OUT!!!  (Read 27166 times)
ForthThistle

View Profile
« on: August 16, 2013, 01:59:17 AM »

***************************************************** SOLD OUT*****************************************************************
Hi All

I would like to start a grind in the online world of 180 mans and having some discussion with Tomsom87, I would like to make the following proposal:

I plan to start with a $1000 bankroll and profits will be divided as follows:

60% to Stakers
40% to Horse (Me)

I plan to start each session playing an ABI equivalent to 300 buy in’s depending on what the roll is at the start of the session.  This should be enough to cover the swings, but there is a chance that I will need to reload at some point.  Any reloads received will be considered make up.  If an investor chooses to drop out at the point of needing a reload, then they forfeit their entitlement to make up.

I will increase my ABI by changing the mix of $2.50 & $8 buy ins as necessary.  I plan to play a minimum of 6 tables, which will obviously increase as my familiarity with the games increases.  I may also add some small stakes turbo Hot/Hotter MTT’s (within the ABI guidelines) to give the stake an opportunity to make some 4 figure scores.

Once I finished a session and the bankroll is more than doubled (exceeds $2000 in the first instance) then the stake will be paid out according to the agreed percentages.  Investors will then have the option to cash out OR continue with the next stake, which will be 75% (approx.) of the finishing roll.  For clarity at this stage, I plan to increase the stake (and change the cuts) by the following amounts:

Stake 1 = $1000 Ends >$2000  (60/40)*
Stake 2 = $1500 Ends >$3000 (60/40)*
Stake 3 = $2250 Ends >$4500 (60/40)*
Stake 4 = $3400 Ends >$6800 (55/45)*
Stake 5 = $5000 Ends >$10,000 (50/50)

*All these cuts are in the investors favour.

I will provide a weekly update using tournament parser which will include:

Date
No of Games
Buyin Split by Value
Total $ Played
Total Return
ROI
Any other by request.

Please note that I have discussed this with Tomsom87 and he feels I have the ability and wants to help me realise my dream and win. I will plan to grind around 40 hrs per week but will be playing a minimum of 500 games per month, which will be easily beatable once I am able to play more tables at once.  Tomsom87 has agreed to coach me throughout the stake (minimum of one session per week plus availability on Skype to comment on hands at any time) and I have organised a coaching for profit deal with him that will come from my side of the stake.

A bit about me:

My name is David Blacklaw -(ForthThistle)  Long time poster on Blonde/APAT and can have a load of people speak for me on both Blonde and APAT forums.
Had various amounts of Staking previously on both Blonde and APAT.Please see links below:
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=13559.0
http://www.apat.com/forum/index.php?topic=12929.0
http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=59743.0
http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=55111.0

Had some Online success:
http://www.apat.com/index.php/2010/12/12/david-blacklaw-wins-apat-southern-european-online-poker-title/

Live Success

Captain and Player in the most recent Home Internationals Team Event and WINNING Gold for Scotland B Team.
Represented Blonde Poker in the recent APAT Team Championships.
Finished 5th in APAT Scotland Champions in Aberdeen.
Helped Blonde with the updates at GUKPT Blackpool.
Played the SPT in Glasgow 2011 and finished 15th sigh...
Played the SPT in Glasgow March 2012 and finished 12th even bigger Sigh.
Inaugural Blonde Monthly Take on Tikay Winner February 2011.

My Hendon Mob detail is here: http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=171286 i Play under the alias of 4ththistle on STARS.

I have been put under the cosh recently with a few thing's: Made Redundant Last week, Some Real Hard family issue's previously posted on Blonde (Don't want people to think this is a thread for people to feel sorry about me).

Would really love the chance to give this a real go and with the help of Tomsom87 I really think we have a the best shot ever at making this work and hopefully you can see this in the above.

All Stakers will have first refusal on any Live Staking Proposal and will be made available on this Thread.

List of Stakers

10% Longy Received
25% ClaypoleReceived
10% Steve Swift Received
25% MC Received
10% Somerlad Received
10% RedSimon Received Via Bank Transfer
10% Ed Gascoigne Received Via Bank Transfer

Sold Out!!!

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:57:45 PM by ForthThistle » Logged

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 02:34:45 AM »

I will take 10% please.
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 02:40:15 AM »

I will take 10% please.
Booked. Many Thanks

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
claypole

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 08:50:17 AM »

I'll take 25% then - wasn't going to as I've said "no more long term" staking; however you're starting low which is cool and you're a top man. Good luck.
Steve Swift

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2013, 09:44:28 AM »

Love a sweat, love a potential 40hrs a week /500 games a month sweat, 10%  please.

Steve
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 09:46:50 AM »

I'll take 25% pls

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 10:03:09 AM »

I'll take 25% then - wasn't going to as I've said "no more long term" staking; however you're starting low which is cool and you're a top man. Good luck.

Booked Sir. Many Thanks.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 10:03:35 AM »

Love a sweat, love a potential 40hrs a week /500 games a month sweat, 10%  please.

Steve

Also Booked. Many Thanks.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 10:04:14 AM »

I'll take 25% pls

Booked James. Many Thanks.

theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 10:28:10 AM »

Somerled

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 10:35:08 AM »

I'd love 10% if that's OK?
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 10:49:11 AM »

As a fellow redundite I wish you all the luck in the world with this.

Thought about grinding to pay the bills myself but decided to take a few shots first then re-evaluate come Jan 2014.

Looking forward to the updates. glglgl.

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 11:28:31 AM »

best of luck, will this be done "professionally"?

I just dont think 40% minus what you give to TomSom for coaching will equate to alot. Generally you can get staking and coaching deals on 2p2 and get 50% of your profits so if this takes you down to say 20% then I really think it may be hard for you to be motivated.

You want this to eb a long term thing, you need to make sure there are no obvious things that will harm your potential motivation. You need lots of motivation and to wake up and be ready and wanting to grind, the different between 20% and 50% is going to be pretty big.

Sorry if I seem out of order here, just there is something in this recipe which can POTENTIALLY result in disaster. I mean if you did it 60% to you, 40% to stakers, or even if you proposed it to the guys that they would get 40%, you would also get 40% and TomSom 20% and he will be helping you walk through the stakes etc then it even looks like a good propoistion imo.

Would also not promise anything in terms of volume, you have set very high standards now despite every seriously grinding online. It is difficult! Being able to do this without struggling mentally will be very difficult when youu havent previously experienced downswings and even just the fatigue from grinding so much online.

Sorry if it seems like I am being out of order or sticking my nose in like in most threads just want to bring so,e reality to the whole thing rather than you realizing things in 4 months.

hope you listen as you seem decent guy, if not (sincerely) gl!

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
theprawnidentity

8 high happens!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 11:46:10 AM »

I don't know where your getting me taking 20% from?  It's going to cost me a few hours of my time and this will no doubt be a +ev stake at the level David is starting at.  It may be that David doesn't take to the games too well and doesn't find the motivation, but then what's the worst that can happen?  I lose a couple of hours of time and the investors lose a few quid (but still potentially get part / all of their investment back).  And that's worst case scenario.  The upside is that David takes to the games like a duck to water, starts making a decent amount of money for all involved and moves up through the stakes.

Any stake can potentially lose money, but I see no reason to come in and scaremonger a decent opportunity for David and investors.

will this be done "professionally"?

Not sure what you're suggesting with this?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 12:17:05 PM »

will this be done "professionally"?

Not sure what you're suggesting with this?

As in will this be something David is looking to do for a main source of income, which of course lots of people do and is perfectly possible.

I don't know where your getting me taking 20% from?  It's going to cost me a few hours of my time and this will no doubt be a +ev stake at the level David is starting at.  It may be that David doesn't take to the games too well and doesn't find the motivation, but then what's the worst that can happen?  I lose a couple of hours of time and the investors lose a few quid (but still potentially get part / all of their investment back).  And that's worst case scenario.  The upside is that David takes to the games like a duck to water, starts making a decent amount of money for all involved and moves up through the stakes.

Any stake can potentially lose money, but I see no reason to come in and scaremonger a decent opportunity for David and investors.

Its anything but me trying to be a scaremonger, I could have chose very different tactics to do so.

It really isnt be trying to scare stakers away either, in fact, I was proposing they should get less of a % so if anything they may not want me to post, but definitely not trying to scare them away.

David is very new to this and I think should get a lot of feedback before going into this. Grinding professionally, full time or even seriously seems a lot easier than it is when youve never done it before. For example whats the most 180 mans David has played in a month? Playing 500 is really going to be a lot, its going to be a shock to the system and hes going to have to work his bollocks off.

I think he can do it, but Im just saying to him he needs to make the right decision before starting it and realizing in 2 months when in potential makeup, "FUCK ME THIS IS A FKN GRIND"

Like milli said, lots of people are like ahh this sounds like a decent way to grind, but its hard and at times its demoralizing and without experiencing downswings or playing poker online even semi seriously and then snap jumping in as a big grinder playing big volume is going to be difficult.

Ill not post if you dont think I should, but everybody being mr positive and just saying yayyy ez game isnt going to be the best feedback for David and thats EXACTLY what he needs before making a decision like this.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: