blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 10, 2024, 02:32:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272954 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Internet Poker
| | |-+  Online Tournament Staking
| | | |-+  Stars 180 Man Online Staking - SOLD OUT!!!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stars 180 Man Online Staking - SOLD OUT!!!  (Read 27505 times)
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: November 24, 2013, 08:14:39 PM »

Nothing of note.

Never got going on the Storm.
bust the Main event sat with 1010v77 for a lock seat.
regged the Main event.
Still in Million 50 seat GTD but getting low.

APAT NLHE Southern European Champion 2010
Take on Tikay February League Winner 2011

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: November 24, 2013, 11:32:51 PM »

Bricked the lot.

Sorry folks.

Rastafish throws himself headfirst into the railbirds, arms outstretched but the sea of bodies parts and Rastafish misses and crashes through the barrier on all fours.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: November 26, 2013, 07:12:55 PM »

So are we busto?

I've refrained from saying anything; I know you're a good guy and didn't want to call you out, but the way you have run this stake has been a disaster from about page 5...and I'm not just referring to results.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: November 26, 2013, 07:45:52 PM »

So are we busto?

I've refrained from saying anything; I know you're a good guy and didn't want to call you out, but the way you have run this stake has been a disaster from about page 5...and I'm not just referring to results.

so why are you doing it now?

I don't get it.

Should have tried to put things right before or made a comment then if you were aware of what's going on.

Now all it does is help to create bad feeling.

If you employ someone and think they are doing a bad job, you don't wait for them to finish to tell them you're not happy. You help them correct it or stop them before it gets to this point.

Just seems a little like you're throwing your toys out the pram because you lost.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: November 26, 2013, 07:50:19 PM »

Nope not busto.

What do u mean James.

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #140 on: November 26, 2013, 09:29:38 PM »

Nope not busto.

What do u mean James.

Lol gtfo Cos.

It just mean that you have been really bad at posting updates. I guess I should have said something sooner and you'd have complied so that's my bad. All similar stakes at least keep up with regular balance updates.

I question why you made the stake in the first place. I invested because I assumed 2.20 180s with tomsoms help would be super low risk. I guess your circumstances changed but that's not really fulfilling the stake. I'm a busy man myself so I understand your situation.

Sigh that I said something and now I look like I've got twisted panties. I'm not all that bothered, I've been on a 25k downswing/recovery in the duration of the stake so 250 bucks doesn't feel too significant. But it turned out to be a pretty sucky investment. Obviously when we went into spin mode we were going to lose super often.

No bad blood or hard feelings I just think you dropped the ball on this one David.

ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: November 26, 2013, 09:39:22 PM »

I'm out at the moment.

Will reply tomorrow evening with reply and update.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: November 26, 2013, 09:40:31 PM »

Probably went off rails when David got a new job. Think OP was looking at doing this FT and real life intervened?

"Please note that I have discussed this with Tomsom87 and he feels I have the ability and wants to help me realise my dream and win. I will plan to grind around 40 hrs per week but will be playing a minimum of 500 games per month, which will be easily beatable once I am able to play more tables at once.  Tomsom87 has agreed to coach me throughout the stake (minimum of one session per week plus availability on Skype to comment on hands at any time) and I have organised a coaching for profit deal with him that will come from my side of the stake."

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 26, 2013, 10:26:08 PM »

I do agree with James that updates could have a been a lot lot better, there were periods of over a week where nothing was said and I think that is too long with a stake like this.

I think ray (mondatoo) is a shining example of how a stake should be run. Constant updates he doesn't do war and peace just an update that can't take more than 5 mins and his stakers know exactly where he is at.

I would have said nothing as really wasn't that bothered maybe because I had a small slice.
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: November 26, 2013, 10:50:14 PM »

Can say with 100% certainty that James' post wasn't due to being bitter or "toy throwing" about losing $250.

With any staking, stakers are well within there right to say whatever they think with how the stake has been run, so think your a little bit out of line there Cos.
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 27, 2013, 11:43:10 AM »

Can say with 100% certainty that James' post wasn't due to being bitter or "toy throwing" about losing $250.

With any staking, stakers are well within there right to say whatever they think with how the stake has been run, so think your a little bit out of line there Cos.

nah don't agree mate sorry.

He could have easily said something before and withdrawn what was left of his piece because he felt the proposition wasn't being met or helped Davey rectify it.

Waiting til the last moment isn't great.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #146 on: November 27, 2013, 12:07:05 PM »

I think Monda means you were out of line with the toy throwing comment, and I'm certainly with him on that one. The rest of your post makes a fair point.

This all seems a bit silly now, rather regret posting, sigh.

lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: November 27, 2013, 01:14:48 PM »

When I first ran my stake and had a sucky downswing I wasn't updating very regularly because I was just so down on how it was all going. A pep talk from an investor in the thread and it spurred me on for regular updates until the stake closed a few months later.

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
ForthThistle

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: November 27, 2013, 07:21:02 PM »

Ok Folks.

Current roll is $74.86

Think from all the posts over the last few days the following is conclusive:

I didn't update the thread near enough.
James didn't call out his thoughts early enough.

Both to blame but yes I should have been more frequent with the updates. However there has been some interaction on the thread from various people thoughout the stake.
I apologise for this.

I thought I would get a stake from some fellow blondes and would grind out a living. My dream job!!!!! Ive had some real tough stuff this year (wont go into it) and losing my job was the cherry on the top. if I can play poker 4/5 days a week make 2K a month. Problem solved.
I went on the worst run of poker I can ever imagine and watched as the funds were depleting fast. A bit of what Dan says in that I was not shouting from the rooftops as I wasn't winning.
I managed to bink a 6 month Contract with Balfour Beatty which put the misses mind at ease a bit. It meant I couldn't play as much as I wanted but still thought I could get us out of it.

I have been playing some MicroMillions stuff to try and get us out of it but nothing as of yet.

Sorry it's not the good news everyone was looking for, in truth I've ran like S. Hawking in the Snow poker wise and my job has took a front seat.

Will continue to try and bink a biggie.
I really do appreciate the support and help I got on Blonde over the past 12 months. I thought the stake would have been Perfect.
Sorry.
Also a quick note on Tomsom87. He has been superb and helped in everyway possible. Top Bloke as well.
Will probably top up the fund to one fiddie and try and get us out.
PS. More than happy if anybody wants to review Stats/Hands.

PPS. Thanks for the stake.

David Blacklaw

« Last Edit: November 27, 2013, 07:47:48 PM by ForthThistle » Logged

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: November 27, 2013, 09:37:54 PM »

You definitely fell off the variance tree, hitting every branch on the way down. Let us all know what you're doing with the shrapnel left over (any plans for Sunday?)

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: