blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 11:14:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272483 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  Advertising using sex
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Advertising using sex  (Read 1139 times)
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2013, 11:29:10 AM »

http://www.businessinsider.com/if-men-posed-like-female-american-apparel-models-2013-5

http://www.businessinsider.com/american-apparels-unisex-ads-2013-5?op=1

Click to see full-size image.

How American Apparel Poses men

How American Apparel poses females

A man in the woman's pose.

All credit for photos and the articles and such to LAURA STAMPLER/Business Insider.

Am i missing something here? Why is it an issue that a clothing company is using semi-naked female models to presumably sell clothes to the females? Obviously the clothes here are unisex but the pictures with the female models are designed to sell to the females right? I certainly don't think she looks good in that so I'll have to buy it. Not sure if I'm missing the point of it all. The difference is quite interesting but the clothes don't seem aimed at particularly young girls and the photos are designed to appeal to young women (and i guess men) right?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
Jables20

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2013, 05:09:52 PM »

It's pretty sexist that the photos of men are handsome, clean cut guys just wearing clothes and the photos of women have to include large elements of nudity, sexy eyes and look like they have just had or are about to have sex. If you look at it from a feminist point of view... or from just the point of view that men and women are equal and should be treated on a level, then I think it's quite easy to see how these shots can be deemed quite demeaning towards women. In a vacuum, these shots are probably harmless, but that's why most everyday types of sexism aren't immediately called out as sexist. Individually they are easy to shrug off, but this sort of sexism appears so often and so frequently in so many everyday areas of life that it must be really tough as a girl or boy growing up to think of women as more than just sex objects.
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 03:33:12 PM »

I should have done this for my chippy promotions !! Damn
AdamM

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2013, 07:29:18 AM »

http://www.businessinsider.com/if-men-posed-like-female-american-apparel-models-2013-5

http://www.businessinsider.com/american-apparels-unisex-ads-2013-5?op=1

How American Apparel Poses men

How American Apparel poses females

A man in the woman's pose.

All credit for photos and the articles and such to LAURA STAMPLER/Business Insider.

Am i missing something here? Why is it an issue that a clothing company is using semi-naked female models to presumably sell clothes to the females? Obviously the clothes here are unisex but the pictures with the female models are designed to sell to the females right? I certainly don't think she looks good in that so I'll have to buy it. Not sure if I'm missing the point of it all. The difference is quite interesting but the clothes don't seem aimed at particularly young girls and the photos are designed to appeal to young women (and i guess men) right?

Is your profile pic a dancing bunny girl gif?

Little bit ironic Smiley
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: