blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 05:42:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread  (Read 522481 times)
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: December 14, 2013, 04:15:29 PM »

Mantimidating - see Geoffrey Howe, Denis Healey (hansard, passim)

sola virtus nobilitat
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 14, 2013, 04:20:29 PM »

but as you have no idea why the thread had to be deleted, and how serious the matter had become perhaps your idle glib comment about thread removals might have been saved on this occasion?

Probably not, as its you, one of the main reasons why this place can be intimidating sometimes and people might not want to put good stuff up (ref, advent calendar)

Why can't you try and remain neutral in your position? Sometimes I find your posts so personally biased it makes me cringe.  

Just for a reality check everyone my post ratio over the last 6 months is about 0.5 posts per day. And with my half post a day I am one of the main reasons this forum can be an intimidating place. What power I have. The fact is I find it intolerable when threads are deleted and people are censored nomatter what. But Tighty is right I have no idea why the thread has been deleted because there is no explanation for members who aren't in the clique, as per usual.

As far as the advent calendar goes, stop being such a woman. The reaction from OTHER people stopped you doing it, the people who pm you and kick up a fuss. But please pull up any post of mine from that thread which was 'intimidating' and I'll pull up one from say the Thatcher thread from one of your buddies.

The thread was deleted upon receipt of legal advice, and after receipt of a missive which either came from, or purported to come from, a Solicitor acting on behalf of someone who was allegedly involved in the matter.

It placed blonde in a very awkward spot, and we don't have the funds to fight further legal battles.

It was not a Mods decision, it was a Director's decision.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 04:23:52 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 14, 2013, 05:30:00 PM »

I would have thought that it would have been perfectly fine to just remove the specific posts which were causing an issue? I would estimate 85% of the thread wasn't even regarding the stuff going through courts. It's done now anyway, so there isn't much point in quibbling.

fwiw I have never visited the grave of anyone who has died in my family. Once in a while I will look up to the sky but I just end up feeling a bit silly.

I do hate the fact we don't have the calendar anymore though. Sad

MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 14, 2013, 06:06:01 PM »

No Mantis, you and you alone are the main reason why there was no advent calendar this year. Your ludicrous posts spoiling the thread last year are the reason why I did not want to do it again

and the mods are not able sometimes to publically give reasons for a thread deletion. This case is one.

I am personally biased against you at times because for a clever man you are so wilfully destructive a poster on the forum.

Hey wait, were my advent posts 'ludicrous' (laughable & hilarious) or 'intimidating' (terrifying and menacing')? Pluck whichever adjective you like out of the air but simply put that thread didn't go the way YOU wanted it to and that's why you're still holding a grudge 1 year on. Apologies, but when I see a lack of democracy I challenge it.

Within that latest deleted thread I read a post by you which said poker attracts all kinds of criminality and you can't expect these people to be banned because it's the reality of poker life, so if you don't like it don't play live. Yet whenever this reality of poker appears on Blonde you fall over yourself to delete it from view. And forget criminals, you ban members here simply for being 'hard work'. Incidentally my posts are never idle or glib, just not to your taste.

And thanks mods for giving a reason why the thread was deleted, which was impossible.

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 14, 2013, 06:09:47 PM »

Tighty don't even respond to him.

He's the worst poster on this forum by a long shot and can't be argued with.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 14, 2013, 06:15:12 PM »

but when will herbie be back?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 14, 2013, 06:53:20 PM »

Just for the record. I like mantis. And I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I like Herbie too.

I probably like everyone.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 14, 2013, 06:56:11 PM »

yeah im a mantis fan too, I like Russell Brand as well.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Longy
Professional Hotel Locator.
Learning Centre Group

Go Ducks!

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 14, 2013, 06:57:28 PM »

I like Herbie too.

Ally McCoist?
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #414 on: December 14, 2013, 06:58:59 PM »

I like Herbie too.

Hey - if you want to post about how much you like people, sod off to another forum.

This place is for the airing of grievances.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 14, 2013, 07:02:02 PM »

I like Herbie too.

Ally McCoist?

Funnily enough, I don't dislike him. Ian ferguson, Barry ferguson, lee McCulloch on the other hand... I could go on.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 14, 2013, 07:05:40 PM »

Hate Russell Brand, don't mind Mantis, love Tighty.

Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 14, 2013, 07:10:11 PM »

I take the point about Mantis  probably being a bit of a headache for the mods at times, but to say it was 'him and him alone' that is the reason for no advent calendar this year seems a bit ridiculous, and can't possibly be true.  

« Last Edit: December 14, 2013, 07:12:45 PM by Claw75 » Logged

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 14, 2013, 07:12:36 PM »

Defo need to get a Hate, Love, Don't mind thread going.
Claw75

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 14, 2013, 07:13:22 PM »

Defo need to get a Hate, Love, Don't mind thread going.

<3 Mond

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon....no matter how good you are the bird is going to shit on the board and strut around like it won anyway"
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: