blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 07:14:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread  (Read 523051 times)
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #525 on: January 19, 2014, 09:43:55 AM »

Insane Hedge

Shared a table with him yesterday. He did threaten to buy me a nandos in the break, but it didn't materialise, for one reason or another.

He seems well, chatty, and an incredible improvement on his table presence and attitude from 2 or 3 years ago. Was ALMOST a pleasure Smiley

Who dis?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 19, 2014, 09:44:02 AM »

Was going to ask...Richard Gryko but saw pleno's diary.

i dont get it..

One of the players on those Tables you showed images of was "raconteur". That was Richard Gryko's 'Stars Username for as long as I can remember, going back 10 or 12 years, so presumably he is still playing.

His Mum also reads blonde regularly, "MrsMummy", unless that is Rich using his Mum's account.

I've not seen Richard since he won the GUKPT @ Luton some years ago. I wanted to be the first to congratulate him, but Willie Tann beat me to it.

We used to run together back in the day - I liked him a great deal.  He was one of the "new breed" who changed poker so much, going back to around 2004/5. Playing Live MTT's, at 25/50, he'd open every pot, from every position, to 125, & seemed to be able to outplay people down the streets.

Had a very high conversion rate when he made Final Tables, too.

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=3594

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 19, 2014, 09:44:47 AM »

Insane Hedge

Shared a table with him yesterday. He did threaten to buy me a nandos in the break, but it didn't materialise, for one reason or another.

He seems well, chatty, and an incredible improvement on his table presence and attitude from 2 or 3 years ago. Was ALMOST a pleasure Smiley

Who dis?

Mr John "insane hedge" Black.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 19, 2014, 09:46:59 AM »

i dont get it..

One of the players on those Tables you showed images of was "raconteur". That was Richard Gryko's 'Stars Username for as long as I can remember, going back 10 or 12 years, so presumably he is still playing.

His Mum also reads blonde regularly, "MrsMummy", unless that is Rich using his Mum's account.

I've not seen Richard since he won the GUKPT @ Luton some years ago. I wanted to be the first to congratulate him, but Willie Tann beat me to it.

We used to run together back in the day - I liked him a great deal.  He was one of the "new breed" who changed poker so much, going back to around 2004/5. Playing Live MTT's, at 25/50, he'd open every pot, from every position, to 125, & seemed to be able to outplay people down the streets.

Was one the chip leaders deep in the WSOP the year Jamie Gold won.

Developed a theory Gold always raised last hand before the breaks.

Gold raised, Gryko reraised, Gold 4bet, Gryko 5bet shove with 72 or somesuch cheese.

Exit Gryko Sad

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 19, 2014, 09:47:58 AM »

Insane Hedge

All joking aside, I'm very pleased to hear that. It's quite normal & healthy for young men to be full of themslves, & think they know everything, & display breathtaking but misplaced arrogance. Generally, if they are bright enough, they soon realise that life is not like that, it just makes life so hard when you go round making enemies of everyone. Assuming every other player is a fish is also not really going to make life easy, either.

I genuinely wish him well if he has emerged from that period. Most of us went through it.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 10:05:03 AM by tikay » Logged

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 19, 2014, 09:56:47 AM »

An excellent interview with Richard Gryko by Jen Mason is here.....

http://blondepoker.com/?q=node/3657

Note.....

Richard: I have many ideas about tournaments that are unconventional and that many people would consider simply wrong.  Those people are welcome to continue reading Harrington on Hold'em, calculating their "M" to eight significant figures and exhibiting the same amount of independent thought as the number of tournaments they've won.  If you want to read and follow instructions to the letter, go assemble some furniture.

And.....

Dubai, because I like the way he thinks about the game.  He's an example of the sort of player who plays by feel and judgement, and therefore can take advantage of situations that book players would never consider getting involved in.  Strong in hold'em tournaments. Very gifted craps player also.

Plenty of tongue-in-cheek stuff there.....

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 19, 2014, 10:07:29 AM »

My house mate who plays in the same games says he is really good and is that him in his avatar?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 19, 2014, 10:12:12 AM »

My house mate who plays in the same games says he is really good and is that him in his avatar?

Yes, that photo in the avatar is Richard, though that must have been taken 10 or more years ago.

Is he "good"? I'd say so, yes. Just to survive that long takes a bit of doing. The way poker is played has changed several times during his poker career, & he seems to have coped.

The old-stagers - Camel, Dubai, Ben Grundy - all know him very well, so maybe they'd be better placed to answer.

I'd steer clear of him if I were you. Wink

pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 19, 2014, 10:21:53 AM »

nono i meant to say my house mate says he is very good.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 19, 2014, 10:27:17 AM »

nono i meant to say my house mate says he is very good.

Yesyes, I know - you actually did say that.

I was just engaging in a strange concept called conversation.

Wink

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 19, 2014, 11:01:11 AM »

An excellent interview with Richard Gryko by Jen Mason is here.....

http://blondepoker.com/?q=node/3657

Note.....

Richard: I have many ideas about tournaments that are unconventional and that many people would consider simply wrong.  Those people are welcome to continue reading Harrington on Hold'em, calculating their "M" to eight significant figures and exhibiting the same amount of independent thought as the number of tournaments they've won.  If you want to read and follow instructions to the letter, go assemble some furniture.

And.....

Dubai, because I like the way he thinks about the game.  He's an example of the sort of player who plays by feel and judgement, and therefore can take advantage of situations that book players would never consider getting involved in.  Strong in hold'em tournaments. Very gifted craps player also.

Plenty of tongue-in-cheek stuff there.....

Sure I have said before that I am glad I wasn't interviewed when I was young. 

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
Simon Galloway

View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 19, 2014, 11:05:49 AM »

Guffaw

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 19, 2014, 11:40:57 AM »

i dont get it..

Was one the chip leaders deep in the WSOP the year Jamie Gold won.

Developed a theory Gold always raised last hand before the breaks.

Gold raised, Gryko reraised, Gold 4bet, Gryko 5bet shove with 72 or somesuch cheese.

Exit Gryko Sad

The powerhouse Jack Three I recall. Gold had Ace King Sad

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 19, 2014, 12:05:49 PM »

I used to be a gifted craps player in my youth too.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 19, 2014, 07:20:51 PM »

Guffaw

Lol
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: