blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 27, 2024, 06:49:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272597 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread  (Read 522492 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: December 31, 2014, 09:09:42 PM »

Think I'm losing it, but never heard of Axxeman? Feel this is a NYE whooshing session Sad

He was quality entertainment.

But not in the way he imagined he would be.

Has he got a new alias here?

from 0800s posts he seemed to have an interest in women's tennis.

Is MereNovice's real identity Greg Winters?

Or maybe it is Hector?

Can't be Mere, he greatly admires, in many ways, the various attributes of female tennis players. Greg was slightly less enthusiastic about them.

Hector? I can barely imagine anyone less likely to be rude to anyone, or create a duplicate alias.

Go on then, you've stumped us.

Who was Mr Winters refering to in that post?

And you still haven't divulged why he hated blondepoker.

The "waste of space" to whom he referred was......

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1066 on: December 31, 2014, 09:14:29 PM »

Who is it? I can only see his nose.

The older I get, the better I was.
The Camel

Under my tree, being a troll.

View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: December 31, 2014, 09:14:50 PM »

Think I'm losing it, but never heard of Axxeman? Feel this is a NYE whooshing session Sad

Or maybe it is Hector?

Can't be Mere, he greatly admires, in many ways, the various attributes of female tennis players. Greg was slightly less enthusiastic about them.

Hector? I can barely imagine anyone less likely to be rude to anyone, or create a duplicate alias.

WTF? Why on earth?

Inflicted a bad beat on him after 3 betting with 85s and thereafter was a deadly enemy?

Was there a post from Alex which led to this retribution? Or an unexpected attack?

Congratulations to the 2012 League Champion - Stapleton Atheists

"Keith The Camel, a true champion!" - Brent Horner 30th December 2012

"I dont think you're a wanker Keith" David Nicholson 4th March 2013
redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: December 31, 2014, 09:19:32 PM »

Found this blog

http://www.pokerpages.com/articles/players/greg-winters01.htm

This is funny, when you consider what the market now decides is a good structure for a £50BI:

The blinds start at the usual 25/50 but they have given us - rather generously I feel - 3000 chips for our buy in. This could be a long night.

That TR is amazing, even features The Camel. Good spot! And yes that would deffo be a Deepstack in 2003 Smiley

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: December 31, 2014, 09:20:52 PM »

Or maybe it is Hector?

I've no idea really, but given one thing & another, I believe it to be so.

I don't think he singled blonde out for his distaste - he was one of those people who disliked, passionately, many things & people. He's not alone there, not by any means, it's the sort of society we live in now, especially via the internet. We have current, & very active Members here who have a default of "hate/dislike" almost everything & everyone, it is just the way they are. Some of us are haters, some of us are lovers.

You mentioned jealousy earlier. Jealous of what, exactly? Paying good money to keep blonde open, & receiving more moany woany PM's, Texts & e-Mails because of that than enough is not exactly something most would enjoy. I have an illogical & expensive affection for blonde, not sure why, and it has, at times, given me immense pleasure & satisfaction, but at a hefty cost. There'd be no rush to assume the responsibilities.

Sure, he was not best pleased that he never got the gig at Sky Poker, but that was a less likely fit than that glove in the O J Simpson trial, they are just not compatible, Sky Poker is a very odd place to work, & Greg would not have been willing to "conform" to the Corporate culture there.     
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 09:29:19 PM by tikay » Logged

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: December 31, 2014, 09:23:18 PM »

Found this blog

http://www.pokerpages.com/articles/players/greg-winters01.htm

This is funny, when you consider what the market now decides is a good structure for a £50BI:

The blinds start at the usual 25/50 but they have given us - rather generously I feel - 3000 chips for our buy in. This could be a long night.

That TR is amazing, even features The Camel. Good spot! And yes that would deffo be a Deepstack in 2003 Smiley

He bloody insulted me too!

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: December 31, 2014, 09:28:23 PM »

Or maybe it is Hector?

WTF? Why on earth?

Inflicted a bad beat on him after 3 betting with 85s and thereafter was a deadly enemy?

Was there a post from Alex which led to this retribution? Or an unexpected attack?

There had been a bit of a long running saga of little "digs" at Alex, so presumably there was some animosity there somewhere. I don't really know why, but I suspect it was a class thing, Alex is well bred & all that, "establishment". Personally, I admire few poker players more than Alex, & I'm not in the least fussed that he had a good start in life, & the old silver spoon thing. Some folks dislike posh peeps because they are posh.   

The Post that caused Greg's rejoinder?

It was this one, by young Alex, which I'm sure employed a "turn of phrase" to coin a turn of phrase....

"After the huge Vegas night out, bowl amount of sleep, 10 hour flight, another bowl amount of sleep - I was falling asleep at the wheel on the way back to Nottingham. It was 11pm when I got in and I was ready to crash.

So I hopped in the shower and drove straight to Alea"

It's entirely possible that the word "crash" was misinterpreted - it could mean sleep, or, literally, crash.

Just struck me as a semi-whimsical post which was misinterpreted. I'm pretty sure it would not have been said to his face, man to man, as it were.

The Camel

View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: December 31, 2014, 09:29:22 PM »

Or maybe it is Hector?

I don't think he singled blonde out for his distaste - he was one of those people who disliked, passionately, many things & people. He's not alone there, not by any means, it's the sort of society we live in now, especially via the internet. We have current, & very active Members here who have a default of "hate/dislike" almost everything & everyone, it is just the way they are. Some of us are haters, some of us are lovers.

You mentioned jealousy earlier. Jealous of what, exactly? Paying good money to keep blonde open, & receiving more moany woany PM's, Texts & e-Mails because of that than enough is not exactly something most would enjoy. I have an illogical & expensive affection for blonde, not sure why, and it has, at times, given me immense pleasure & satisfacton, but at a hefty cost. There'd be no rush to assume the responsibilities.

Sure, he was not best pleased that he never got the gig at Sky Poker, but that was a less likely fit than that glove in the O J Simpson trial, they are just not compatible, Sky Poker is a very odd place to work, & Greg would not have been willing to "conform" to the Corporate culture there.     

You have a great life Tony. You moan a little bit now and again, but I'm sure you love it.

Of all the people who ever appeared on TV talking about, joking about or analysing about poker, you have proved to be the best and now you are the Daddy.

I'm sure you get bundles from Sky for your job and you deserve every penny. There isn't enough money in the world they could pay me to do what you do.

But many of the people who aren't as good as you at your job will be jealous of your success.

Unfortunately that goes with the territory.

Now I'm off to a NY Eve party I don't really want to go to. But you have to do stuff you don't want to sometimes.

So, Happy New Year everybody. Play nice.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: December 31, 2014, 09:30:56 PM »

Removed my post, knew it was to do with cars but my post looks a bit (lot) bad Sad

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: December 31, 2014, 09:38:47 PM »

Or maybe it is Hector?

You mentioned jealousy earlier. Jealous of what, exactly? Paying good money to keep blonde open, & receiving more moany woany PM's, Texts & e-Mails because of that than enough is not exactly something most would enjoy. I have an illogical & expensive affection for blonde, not sure why, and it has, at times, given me immense pleasure & satisfacton, but at a hefty cost. There'd be no rush to assume the responsibilities.

You have a great life Tony. You moan a little bit now and again, but I'm sure you love it.

Of all the people who ever appeared on TV talking about, joking about or analysing about poker, you have proved to be the best and now you are the Daddy.

I'm sure you get bundles from Sky for your job and you deserve every penny. There isn't enough money in the world they could pay me to do what you do.

But many of the people who aren't as good as you at your job will be jealous of your success.

Now I'm off to a NY Eve party I don't really want to go to. But you have to do stuff you don't want to sometimes.

I certainly agree with that (enbolded), & I'm grateful for it every single day.

I do have a chunter now & then - my age, my aches & pains don't help, & rude people "abusing" the free facilities of blonde certainly make me cross - but I've had a wonderful life. There's a skeleton or two in the cupboard though, for sure.

I honestly don't understand all the jealousy & hate in the world these days. You read some of the blonde Football Club threads lately? Dislike someone (e.g, Pardew) because you think they do a bad job? How can that ever make sense? Doing a (arguably) bad job does not make someone a bad person, or a candidate for derision.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: December 31, 2014, 09:42:57 PM »

We all like a chunter, now and again... It's good to get rid of some hot air, and helps to calm the mood Smiley

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: December 31, 2014, 09:47:33 PM »

Or maybe it is Hector?

Ladies & Gentlemen, let me decode, or translate that, for you.

What Keith is really saying is that he has voted in this....

http://www.thebritishpokerawards.com/

Keith, in truth, loves Poker Awards & personal number plates. He does.

Click to see full-size image.

MPOWER

View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: December 31, 2014, 11:00:09 PM »

Private Plates Tikay

You must chuckle every time you walk up to your car.

Used to make me laugh.

HappyNewYear

Regards

M
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: December 31, 2014, 11:02:48 PM »

Private Plates Tikay

You must chuckle every time you walk up to your car.

Used to make me laugh.

HappyNewYear

Regards

M

FML.

And for others, no, I don't have a personalised plate.

It is "FML" though, remarkably.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1079 on: January 01, 2015, 02:18:05 AM »

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 70 71 [72] 73 74 75 76 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: