blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 11:47:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272539 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 ... 154 Go Down Print
Author Topic: The *official* "whatever happened to?" thread  (Read 521493 times)
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1755 on: June 21, 2017, 05:55:25 PM »

Jack Elwood.

works with his dad and brother in the refrigeration business and has done for nearly 3 years. Only really plays poker in Vegas, I'll be rooming with him.

Wish him the very best of luck from me, please. Always thought he was a great player & a decent sort.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Whollyflush

View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: June 22, 2017, 02:35:29 PM »

Jack Elwood.

works with his dad and brother in the refrigeration business and has done for nearly 3 years. Only really plays poker in Vegas, I'll be rooming with him.

Wish him the very best of luck from me, please. Always thought he was a great player & a decent sort.

will do, you might get the chance to do it in person if you see him in the Rio around the ME time

@whollyflush on twitter
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1757 on: June 23, 2017, 06:28:00 PM »

Eso Kral

The older I get, the better I was.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: June 23, 2017, 06:45:29 PM »

Eso Kral

Consumed by his customers after he slipped a fell into the juicer?

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: June 28, 2017, 06:22:40 AM »

Colin Kennedy.

If I'm not mistaken, Ralphy boy used to be quite well acquainted with Colin.

Not seen him for a good few years now. Hope he is OK.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: June 28, 2017, 10:13:18 AM »

Colin Kennedy.

Colin died about 18 months ago Tony - he'd had a few health problems but it still came as a bit of a shock.

I was hoping one of the Irish guys would write a decent obituary as he had led a very interesting life but couldn't find anything - he was the youngest Cambridge under-graduate of his era at seventeen, was Irish chess champion on several occasions, a top class bridge player, an excellent raconteur with a wicked dry sense of humour, renowned drinker and bon vivant, and of course a tremendous poker player who was a fixture at The Vic for several decades.

He genuinely was one of the good guys and I miss his company for a few glasses of wine and dinner on my occasional visits to London.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
AndrewT
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1761 on: June 28, 2017, 10:58:07 AM »

Colin Kennedy.

Colin died about 18 months ago Tony - he'd had a few health problems but it still came as a bit of a shock.

I was hoping one of the Irish guys would write a decent obituary as he had led a very interesting life but couldn't find anything - he was the youngest Cambridge under-graduate of his era at seventeen, was Irish chess champion on several occasions, a top class bridge player, an excellent raconteur with a wicked dry sense of humour, renowned drinker and bon vivant, and of course a tremendous poker player who was a fixture at The Vic for several decades.

He genuinely was one of the good guys and I miss his company for a few glasses of wine and dinner on my occasional visits to London.

I hope this link works but Colin Kennedy is mentioned in passing in the memoir of David Spanier, as he was one of the regulars at the En Passant cafe/chess club in London (which had a poker game running upstairs).

I'd never heard of this book before but from a quick scan it looks like it would be a good read for London poker players of a certain vintage.

https://books.google.ie/books?id=KH2RgiNg98QC&pg=PA15&lpg=PA15&dq=Colin+Kennedy++chess&source=bl&ots=3E0piyodyB&sig=w2qeKs9av9w_qQ8_PtNKFOtZBb4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiYxqb1nODUAhVLI8AKHXcECpIQ6AEILTAC#v=onepage&q=Colin%20Kennedy%20%20chess&f=false
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: June 28, 2017, 11:14:19 AM »

Colin Kennedy.

I hope this link works but Colin Kennedy is mentioned in passing in the memoir of David Spanier, as he was one of the regulars at the En Passant cafe/chess club in London (which had a poker game running upstairs).

I'd never heard of this book before but from a quick scan it looks like it would be a good read for London poker players of a certain vintage.

https://books.google.ie/books?id=KH2RgiNg98QC&pg=PA15&lpg=PA15&dq=Colin+Kennedy++chess&source=bl&ots=3E0piyodyB&sig=w2qeKs9av9w_qQ8_PtNKFOtZBb4&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiYxqb1nODUAhVLI8AKHXcECpIQ6AEILTAC#v=onepage&q=Colin%20Kennedy%20%20chess&f=false

I used to be a regular in Ted Isles' games way back when but the En Passant was a little before my time.

I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: June 28, 2017, 06:05:29 PM »

Colin Kennedy.

I used to be a regular in Ted Isles' games way back when but the En Passant was a little before my time.

I believe Colin was a good friend of Tony Boltons . That's a guy I haven't seen for years and wonder how he is doing

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: June 28, 2017, 06:23:33 PM »

Colin Kennedy.

I believe Colin was a good friend of Tony Boltons . That's a guy I haven't seen for years and wonder how he is doing

Tony moved out of London to Norfolk around ten years ago iirc - I heard he still pops into The Vic and plays the big PLO game very occasionally although I've not seen him in yonks now.

Are you playing any golf in China, and when are you coming to Nottingham for that game with me Craig? You could combine it with poker at DTD.

I KNOW IT

I'm the one the right ;)

View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: June 29, 2017, 03:26:45 AM »

Colin Kennedy.

Tony moved out of London to Norfolk around ten years ago iirc - I heard he still pops into The Vic and plays the big PLO game very occasionally although I've not seen him in yonks now.

Are you playing any golf in China, and when are you coming to Nottingham for that game with me Craig? You could combine it with poker at DTD.

Hi Ralph
Yes I play golf in China albeit not as much as I would like to  as it quite expensive .
I am  fortunate as I have made friends with a few PGA pros here who help me out with my game but I really don't practice enough.

Yes we really need to get that game of golf together we have talked about for a few years now, I intend on buying some new irons when I return so could be a good way to ttrythem out .

You have to expect things of yourself before you can do them." "Heart is what separates the good from the great. '

"All money is good, just the quantity makes it better"
      My Dad

"Poker Players and Vultures are alike. They both live off the flesh of the weak"
         Tony Bolto
mouth

View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: July 02, 2017, 09:06:39 AM »

Mick McCool?

Tony Phillips?

Mick McCool can usually be spotted up a six foot ladder outside a racecourse, betting in-running.

Don't tell her to turn down, put on your shades if you can't see
Don't tell her to turn down, turn up the flame.

http://gobshiteonlegs.blogspot.com/
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: July 02, 2017, 09:13:04 AM »

Mick McCool?

Tony Phillips?

Mick McCool can usually be spotted up a six foot ladder outside a racecourse, betting in-running.

And tony was playing London GUKPT this weekend.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1768 on: July 03, 2017, 01:26:07 PM »

../// sofa.//.,,,king../,,,,,/

Played with him a few weeks back in Cardiff. He seemed in fine form, life and soul of the cardroom - and absolutely frikkin mental!  

this the same guy?

Click to see full-size image.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: July 03, 2017, 01:35:56 PM »

../// sofa.//.,,,king../,,,,,/

Played with him a few weeks back in Cardiff. He seemed in fine form, life and soul of the cardroom - and absolutely frikkin mental!  

this the same guy?

Click to see full-size image.

Company in Glasgow with that name. Probably not the only ones tho.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 116 117 [118] 119 120 121 122 ... 154 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: