blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 29, 2024, 05:34:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Ak on the button last hand of the GP day 2
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ak on the button last hand of the GP day 2  (Read 1491 times)
aetos

View Profile
« on: September 29, 2013, 06:28:10 PM »

Dear blond readers, the reason am posting this hand even though it sounds straight forward to some is for me to find out if I could pay the hand better and if yes how I could possibly avoid future mistakes.  Last hand of the night for the day 2 GP and we are on the button with AK and a stack of 1.5 million blinds 30-60k blinds . Utg +2 player been very active since he moved on the table but he had the goods more or less each time, he raise 190k come to me and three bet to 540k making sure he knows am not folding. Now should I raise less, shove, fold and come back the following day fresh to play or I should fold after he 4 bet me all in ( have me covert by a margin)!!? Thanks in advance and all opinions appreciated. Smiley
Ricardov83

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 06:36:15 PM »

Looks good so far.  Once you call his shove its perfect I think.
Nit Tendencies

Is this some kind of hilarious practical joke?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 09:47:34 PM »

I think making it smaller in position is much better, giving him room to bluff/shove. We don't want to "let him know that we're not folding", that defeats the object. We want him to think that we can be folding, so he goes all in with some bluffs, adding value to our already strong hand.

Make it 425k and call when he jams.

Is this some kind of hilarious practical joke?
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 11:58:41 PM »

I think making it smaller in position is much better, giving him room to bluff/shove. We don't want to "let him know that we're not folding", that defeats the object. We want him to think that we can be folding, so he goes all in with some bluffs, adding value to our already strong hand.

Make it 425k and call when he jams.

This

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
aetos

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 02:53:04 PM »

Pls u all, I would appreciate few more opinions pls these story is doing my heading the last few days
TL900

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 02:56:37 PM »

nit tendancies has already ended the debate imo, just always supposed to go broke with AK and 25bb

@MtSpewmore
Quote from: jgcblack
I wouldn't normally try so hard, but didn't have another opportunity I could wait for. I wasn't ready to surrender what I WANTED SO MUCH, that easily, I couldn't guarantee a call with me staying stoic and relying on a flinch "top pair" calling reflex.
The Squid

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 03:56:29 PM »

Oh baby!!! AK on the button! Sweet!
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 05:03:03 PM »

If it's the last hand of the night you could always oldskool it:

Stand up, put on your jacket and say "I'm not travelling all the way back here just to play 20 odd bigs... let's have a gamble...., ALL IN"

or just 3b/call as standard.

nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 06:32:05 PM »

Pls u all, I would appreciate few more opinions pls these story is doing my heading the last few days

Call, fold down the streets

Fold pre

sola virtus nobilitat
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2013, 09:08:35 PM »

Lolz at milli..
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2013, 01:25:53 AM »

I'd say op has a very common thought process here that is a leak and detrimental to his overall success as a poker player but not as bad as a lot of people think.

Op- by taking the line you WANT to take you are making out that you want him to fold all worse hands and shove better hands. In theory you want your opponent to play perfectly against you. Now ask yourself, why do I want him to play perfectly against me?

By making a sizing big it's unlikely he shoves worse, we've established that and you even consider it bad. So if we are going to put in the next raise then it absolutely must be because we want him to put more,chips in with a RANGE that we do well against. Because its the last hand of the night it's. great spot to look like your pe trying to bully the last hand of the day and thus a gret opportunity to perhaps induce him to shove a2s or something.

However not wanting to go al in with ak is not a crime! It's not always great to get in xxbbs and wanting to play a smaller pot,is absolutely fine. Bagging up and starting a new day fresher instead of,playing a huge all in it when you're tired is a fine way to think and finitely not fishy. Yu don't have to exploit minuscule edges and we know tournament poker is about survival.

However this is where you went wrong. Instead of putting in an ex tea raise you could just flat call, pot control and bluff catch if we improve. Lets say when he has kq, when it comes ace high he always will represent. When it's k hi we always get a lot,of,value nd when it comes xxx sometimes we will get bluffed (that's fine too!) and so,e times we check down and win or he bluffs and we make a hero call!

It's always a massive misconception with recreational players. Not wanting to go all in with ak or jacks is fine, in fct it's probably good in a 300 pound tournament vs passive players but 4betting v big to stop him bluffing yu is a hugely flawed way of looking at the hand and the wrong way to approach it.

Just always try to think, what am I ding and why am I doing it? In the hand your reraising ak and the reason is you want him to fold. So very simply you're bluffing with ak. Doesn't sound right, right? So if you just think 2 minutes instead of instinctively going raiiiiiiise then yu can work out ok this isn't good logic so I don't want to play a big pot lets not inflate the pot and just flat call and revalute post flop.

Poker really is very simple in so many spos most of the spots recreational guys do wrong is because they act too quick and don't think about the hand logically.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
aetos

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2013, 11:43:56 PM »

Obviously best analysis of the hand and how it should be played down the streets go to pleno, thanks for taking the time the time to give such explanation and analysis of the hand, I believe I got the point u want to make:) 
nirvana

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2013, 06:56:49 AM »

Good post Pleno, may be very basic to you but I found that pretty enlightening tbf

sola virtus nobilitat
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: