blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:51:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272588 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Ah got a feelin!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Ah got a feelin!  (Read 38290 times)
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: October 29, 2014, 05:38:10 PM »

Probably mostly at 50nl, we'll see what happens:)
shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 29, 2014, 05:56:36 PM »

Probably should just play 50nl i'm well bankrolled for it.

Would be less rake and the chance to make more money.

Standard is probably slightly better, but not vastly.

Would also improve my game.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2014, 04:09:06 AM »

The last few posts were a bit of spew lol

This is the story of where things are at...

I'm a recreational player, as in I don't play poker for a living.

Some might think recreational player = losing player, but to me the vast majority of players 95% are recreational, with a small % making a full time living from the game.

Despite being a "recreational" player, I do really well in the games I play.

I've made a few posts about playing 50nl £ and "moving up", the reality is I don't need to stick on one level.

Liquidity at 50nl isn't amazing, yesterday when I was on there was only 3/4 tables running. At those tables it was mostly (really tight) regulars, there was hardly any action.

Where as there is usually decentish action at 20nl, there is still (mostly) nit regs, but there is always loads of tables running, and it's really easy to get games started.

All-in-all I will be playing across 20-50nl. Don't think there's much point in sticking to just the one level.

Pretty confident I can beat 50nl, beyond that 100nl you really are getting in to decentish stakes (to me)

I would imagine at that level that's where the skill element is significantly better than the lower stakes. Like the regs will mostly be full time, for the most part, and will have a far greater knowledge and skill edge. 

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 03, 2014, 05:08:48 PM »

Was really good last night, couple of regulars made the top three of the £500 game which was amazing.

Roguecell came 3rd.

Craigcu12 finishing 2nd.

It was an amazing result for both.

I had been speaking to Craig in  the afternoon he had won some money, so was going to play 5 x £100 mains during UKOPs. Was really surprised to see him in the £500 game, ended up railing him. Think he must have satted into it.

It truly was an amazing result beating very stiff competition to finish 2nd and 3rd.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 10, 2014, 01:15:37 AM »

Last 2 days in October til Thursday of this week were amazing, had my biggest ever winning week (outside of winning the Tues Main)

Sky had double points on from the 1st -9th of October, decided i'd go for it to get the 10k points for priority.

So far I've got 8.5k so will easily make it. It was pretty much playing last weekend this weekend, and evenings.

Kudos to DTM for the amount of volume he can put in. No idea how he does it consistently lol

The Thurs to Thurs was phenomenal. It started that Thursday night I was up about £200. Every day there after I just couldn't lose.

I was playing some decent poker and running amazing.

Wheels came off the cart Friday and Saturday lol ironically usually my best days. Within 10 minutes of sitting down on Friday I was down £60 I was playing terribly, and just couldn't stop.

I ploughed on and lots of hours later - the hole got a lot bigger - but some how I managed to finish up only down about £60 which I guess was a result given how bad I was playing.

Saturday - afternoon session - got previous days losses back and more. Saturday night I went onto throw this all away and more ended up down about 8 buy in's down.

To be honest I was just playing terrible and the way I was playing was never going to win, just donate. I was playing for the sake of playing.

Poker is such a mind fuck. You think I've done well, I just need to sit down and i'll win.

On Saturday night, I wasn't even playing my D game it was more like my Z game lol

Good thing is it's over now, and rest of the month when i'm playing it'll be because I want to play not have to play.

At the end of the month with rake back will get just over £300 - more than my losses over Friday and Sat. Today I had a small win of £40 (which should have been a lot more, but bad play seriously reduced it again).

Bit frustrating the fact I played so badly on Fri and Sat. But overall, over that 10 day period I still won just under what i'd normally win in a month, so can't complain.

shipitgood

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 16, 2014, 04:13:08 PM »

Just over a year this has blog has been running now.

Been fun! I'm really delighted at how poker's been going and in particular my cash game.

Next year i'm going concentrate more on MTT's.

The blog has served it's purpose and really glad I started it on here, but it has now run it's course.

A big thanks to the many on Blonde that have helped me over the last year.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: