blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 06:07:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272577 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Stepping into the future - One man's journey
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stepping into the future - One man's journey  (Read 162717 times)
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: March 15, 2014, 03:59:50 PM »

You keep posting please
leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 15, 2014, 07:55:51 PM »

I've got to say I am very disappointed I pm'd you both with my support and belived you 100% I really don't know what else to say.

I do tho want you to keep posting as you said being banned from DTD is probably punishment enough.

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: March 15, 2014, 08:08:19 PM »

Keep posting please.
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 15, 2014, 08:53:33 PM »

Perfect chance to get rid of his nonsense and you all say keep posting.

FWIW and my opinion may not count for much but the pretence afterwards makes this all so much worse. A lot of people vouched for you both and I thought it must've been some sort of mix up knowing Guy quite well.

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 15, 2014, 10:33:33 PM »

Very unsurprising, think if you had both kept your head down and not made a huge deal about it then it would've been forgotten about quickly

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
George2Loose

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 15, 2014, 10:34:23 PM »

The ipoker collusion team are vindicated

Ole Ole Ole Ole!
cambridgealex

#lovethegame

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 15, 2014, 10:48:10 PM »

The ipoker collusion team are vindicated

As are DTD and Nico.

The 180 degree change in stance within an hour I find really odd. Not sure what to make of it all.

The main thing is to note superb response from Dtd and Ipoker and the whole thing is a huge step forward in reducing collusion and softplay in the future. People will definitely think twice now. 

Before today I wasn't sure whether to reg anymore satellites ( didn't want to fold aces on the bubble then be barred from Dtd!) but now they've been proved right, I am now more likely to play, which I hope is the case for most people.

Poker goals:
[ ] 7 figure score
[X] 8 figure score
scotty77

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 16, 2014, 12:02:15 AM »

Keep posting.  It's an interesting diary and think you're a cool guy, who has made a lot of positive contributions to the forum.  Totally agree that the ban from DTD and iPoker is enough.

Think the main thing to remember is that the iPoker fraud team clearly aren't a load of clowns, and also the amount of time that Tighty wasted on this during the UKPC festival where he was working 15+ hour days.,
Junior Senior

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 16, 2014, 12:06:42 AM »

The last two posts from Guy and Milli dont make sense and are complete u turns from their previous vehement and unrelenting denial of the charges levelled against them. Then Milli comes out and says he has done similar before. I just dont know what to believe now and why the sudden change right now in their stance other than they are fed up of denying what is true.

I feel a bit mugged off tbh. Not just because i regularly play these sats but for the fact that I too suggested that i thought collusion to be unlikely given what i know of the people involved, thier then reputation and character. I guess i have learnt from that now.

Up to you chaps if you wanna post or not obviously.

Doobs

View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 16, 2014, 12:45:36 AM »

I am pleased to see Milli has come clean here.  Having your friend involved must have made it more difficult to post.

I think it was a pretty shitty thing to do, but guess most of us have been there before.  I have no objection to you posting now you have come clean, quite enjoy the diary and that Pulp Fiction Facebook thing is still one of my favourite things I have seen on Blonde.

I think a few others owe Rob and Simon an apology too, they seemed to get their reputations sullied in the original thread too.  I am pleased they have been shown to have made the right decision.

Good night all.

Most of the bets placed so far seem more like hopeful punts rather than value spots
dwayne110

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 16, 2014, 01:30:45 AM »

There's been so much written about this incident.... I reckon the majority of blonde posters can understand how easily this could happen. You're playing poker with your mate, in the same house, with a high value ticket at stake, and are able to directly influence whether your mate or some randoms go through. 'Softplay' terminology sums this up as it's a relatively soft 'crime', as they go.

The disappointing part of this episode is the detail each of you went into protesting that you'd been wronged.
Once you start lying it's hard to stop, which I guess is the position you found yourself in. Fair play for fessing up and apologising though. I can't see any benefit of doing this to you, on that basis it comes across as genuine.

When all's said and done the incident wasn't malevolent, just two mates trying to look after each other. Bad for the game, yes. Understandable and rife across poker, yes.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 16, 2014, 09:15:44 AM »

Contrary to one txt I had yesterday this wasn’t a convoluted plan to increase diary hits but I feel like I should probably address a few points.

First of all whilst I am not proud of what I did I am not really sorry for the actions I took if that makes sense. In fact I am 97.3% sure I would likely do the same thing again should the spot arise and I thought I could get away with it (collusionimizer on sale now, too soon?).

Yeah the way I argued my complete innocence made me look like a mug, but I have made myself look like a mug many times in my life so it’s nothing new and not something I have or will dwell on.

I admit IPoker did get a pretty bad wrap through this. They correctly pinned down 2 hands but the other 3 we actually hadn’t discussed so I’m not sure whether they just got lucky or they found the 2 specific hands and decided to pad it out a bit. Either way they got the job done which is fair enough, so wp them. Although if chat was off and it was h4h on the pure bubble / a few out or whatever then none of this would ever have happened but that's for another thread..

I have no bad feelings towards Nico at all. I am highly likely to have done exactly the same thing in his position should I think I had been cheated out of a seat. I hope he feels justice has been served in this case and we can put it behind us.

I try to be careful with what I say about DTD as although I won’t be going back into the club I don’t want to be banned from the forum as a result of something I say vs a sponsor. They did get the right result and serve a fitting punishment so fair play to them in that regard but the way they went about it and things afterwards weren’t necessarily 100% kosher.

If it wasn’t for what we found out the next day then we probs both would have come clean there and then but we thought “nah, this is a bit out of line, we should try and contest this a bit further”.

There is one more part of the story which I was struggling to talk about without implementing someone else. I know some people are already aware of this but basically a skype convo I had concerning these hands was given to someone which was then passed around from pillar to post. Obv I was made aware of this. There were a few thoughts running around in my head; I thought about logging off blonde and never posting again, I thought about steadfast denying it saying it was photoshopped, I thought about just ignoring it and hoping it would never be posted and I thought about just coming clean to everyone. It didn’t take long and I decided that coming clean was the only thing to do so I could finally put it to bed.

The real thing which I am sorry for is letting the people down who stood up for me. Some people vehemently defended me and I feel massively guilty for letting them down, I thought about PMing them and saying “mate I did it” but I decided against it which is one of the things I have come to regret.  

Don’t get me wrong there are a fair few people on the forum who I don’t like nor do I remotely care about their opinion but on the other hand there is also a good number of people I truly do like whose opinions matter a lot to me. Some of these I also consider to be good friends. It is letting all these people down that I am truly sorry for.

If you are unsure where you sit then just ask and I will let you know which list you are on. Smiley

:TLDR:

Cliffs:

I’m a mug and I know I’m a mug.
Really sorry to the people who have I let down.
Likely to carry on posting.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2014, 09:23:47 AM by millidonk » Logged

bagel
bagel

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 16, 2014, 06:03:41 PM »

97.3% you do it again?

yeah in my opinion you look like a mug.

giving a mate a walk in his big blind at the end of a satellite is the same as i would do. ..completely different to blatant cheating from the same house.

then you come on here and say you would do it all again.

gl i enjoy(ed) your diary but i think you must be on drugs.

millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 16, 2014, 06:15:30 PM »

97.3% you do it again?

yeah in my opinion you look like a mug.

giving a mate a walk in his big blind at the end of a satellite is the same as i would do. ..completely different to blatant cheating from the same house.

then you come on here and say you would do it all again.

gl i enjoy(ed) your diary but i think you must be on drugs.

Completely different? giving a walk aint too much better brah. It's not like I said "yo, come round mine tonight, we'll dust off 80 players hope to get put on the same table then work something out.." He raised about 95% of my bbs when on my table and I think I reshipped on him twice and he donated 1bb in the AA hand but meh, you are entitled to your opinion obv. Certainly wouldn't take your line vs me then say that I was happy to be giving walks to my mates though..

No drugs here but I have hit the mars milkshakes pretty hard today #sugarrush.

MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #794 on: March 16, 2014, 06:30:10 PM »

Lovely

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: