blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 03:39:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272923 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Stepping into the future - One man's journey
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 58 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stepping into the future - One man's journey  (Read 165324 times)
RED-DOG
International Lover World Wide Playboy
Global Moderator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #225 on: November 11, 2013, 10:36:40 PM »

For some reason, I keep reading your thread title as 'Stepping into the furniture'

The older I get, the better I was.
bobAlike

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 12, 2013, 06:58:05 AM »

For some reason, I keep reading your thread title as 'Stepping into the furniture'

Sofa so good

Ah! The element of surprise
StuartHopkin

Ocho cinco

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 12, 2013, 07:10:59 AM »

This place is pretty cool

http://www.le-train-bleu.com/uk/index.php

Tikay would love it..

Don't worry, I will clean up the URL for you..

Wasn't sure whether or not to book a restaurant for the second night as we have booked a boat cruise for the first or is it better to just see where you end up? That one doesn't look too bad tbf, although maybe a bit posh for me. I will have to check their cap wearing policy. Wink

Best to do some research and book somewhere Milli

Obviously depends where your staying but it is very hard to avoid the touristy restaurants in Paris if you don't have a specific resturant planned.

Only 23 days to go until the Berlin Marathon! Please sponsor me at www.virginmoneygiving.com/StuartHopkin
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 12, 2013, 07:21:46 AM »

Cheers Stu,  was looking at trip advisor and have ear marked a couple of 'walk in bistros' just in case. Lke England most of the really good places are fully booked way in advance, especially for a wknd. My own fault for leaving it so late really. Hoping that we are enjoying it so much that we are not even bothered about having a nice sit down meal. or that. Just grab a croissant and happy days.. although not sure how grabbing a croissant will go down with the missus for celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary. Sad Still got the boat trip one night so not a complete loss.

Red,  in before it would have to be a bloody big wardrobe.

edgascoigne

Newbury Racecourse's Best Dressed Gent. And What?

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 13, 2013, 08:55:46 AM »

Cheers Stu,  was looking at trip advisor and have ear marked a couple of 'walk in bistros' just in case. Lke England most of the really good places are fully booked way in advance, especially for a wknd. My own fault for leaving it so late really. Hoping that we are enjoying it so much that we are not even bothered about having a nice sit down meal. or that. Just grab a croissant and happy days.. although not sure how grabbing a croissant will go down with the missus for celebrating our 3rd wedding anniversary. Sad Still got the boat trip one night so not a complete loss.

Red,  in before it would have to be a bloody big wardrobe.

Le Verre Vole is brilliant...if you like wine. Food nothing amazing (think it's just from a deli next door) but the wine selection and service is unparalleled. Near Place de la Republique, from memory nearest metro is Jacques Bonsergent.

Allez!!
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 14, 2013, 08:41:29 AM »

Unparalleled you say? That must be good! I know my lambrini from my blossom hill but that's about as far as my wine knowledge stretches.. I think I might still go just to judge the level of service. Smiley

Watched 5 films yesterday, all terrible apart from Prisoners with Jake Gylanhaal and Wolverine which was rather enjoyable. Ever since having a child of my own I get much more wrapped up in child kidnapping thrillers etc, I also feel much more affected by please donate adverts where in the past I would just switch channels. Sign of growing up?

on a less serious note, has anghone played COD ghosts? Read bad reviews but still tempted.

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 14, 2013, 08:43:28 AM »

Did you make any progress on the ToyBox project Milli?

There's a company local to us doing a good personalised product at c£120

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 14, 2013, 08:57:51 AM »

Bought the url and the website is pretty much setup, got a decent enough quote from courier just need to add stock, tidy it up and then get promoting.

Fell out with one of the carpenters which is a bit of a sigh but he messed me around and I wasn't willing to put up with his shit tbh. My other 2 are really busy atm with Xmas orders and I left it too late for this year so going to pick it up in the new year.

Rest of Nov is just about chilling and having fun. December is about Xmas and family. Then January is operation 'generate income'. Obv will be flicking in cash and a few mtts along the way. Smiley
Does your local one have an online presence? if so link plz if not would they like an online presence? Smiley

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 14, 2013, 11:37:26 AM »

RANT

Today's plans have quickly come to a halt since nursery rang me saying Amelie is ill so I have to come and pick her up. The only real reasons for this are to cover their back to make sure nothing drastic happens to your child whilst in their care and also to get them out in case they are contagious. But it's getting pretty ridic tbh,  they have rang us to collect her at least 30 times this year due to coughs, temp 0.2 degrees over normal, runny nose etc. It's not the fact they do this that annoys me, It's the fact you still have to pay for the full day's care, (I had to pay for 2 weeks when she was really ill as its not her being there which you pay for it's her physical place), but you also have to put leave in with your employer so you can look after them or pay for another carer whilst you go to work. I hear it gets better once they have picked up all the generic bugs in the early days.

Do think the government should do something to help families where both parent's work. Not really many incentives in this country compared to other EU states and childcare is just joke expensive. I can understand why people just have tonnes of kids and live on benefits as you can work out being much better off. To put it in perspective childcare for 2 children per month is £1400, then you have clothes, nappies, food etc so you are looking at £1600 per month to have 2 children, then mortgage and all other bills it's just insane. Me and my missus both have our own cars as well. We were on just under £60k combined and were not even close to being able to afford having another child.

Obv none of this applies to me anymore as I am just a Jeremy Kyle watching, dishes washing bum and tbf all I had planned today was to go out and buy a computer game and play a bit of zoom but waaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaah, felt like I needed a vent.

It's quite crazy that now I don't have a job we are in a much better position to afford to have 3 children just because we wont have to pay full time childcare x 3.

Obv once your child gets to 4 yrs old they get free school in the UK so it doesn't really matter then but I don't think working parents should have to wait til one of their children turns 4 just so they can afford to have another.

/RANT

david3103

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 14, 2013, 11:44:35 AM »

Bought the url and the website is pretty much setup, got a decent enough quote from courier just need to add stock, tidy it up and then get promoting.

Fell out with one of the carpenters which is a bit of a sigh but he messed me around and I wasn't willing to put up with his shit tbh. My other 2 are really busy atm with Xmas orders and I left it too late for this year so going to pick it up in the new year.

Rest of Nov is just about chilling and having fun. December is about Xmas and family. Then January is operation 'generate income'. Obv will be flicking in cash and a few mtts along the way. Smiley
Does your local one have an online presence? if so link plz if not would they like an online presence? Smiley

http://www.littlewoodworkshop.co.uk/

click on 'Kids' to see toyboxes etc

we got a Groupon to take the grandkids to a 'making' session, will let you know about quality etc

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 14, 2013, 11:54:23 AM »

http://www.littlewoodworkshop.co.uk/

click on 'Kids' to see toyboxes etc

we got a Groupon to take the grandkids to a 'making' session, will let you know about quality etc

£45 delivery = yikes. I reckon I could get them done for £125 delivered. 'Making sessions' is pretty genius tbf. Kids are going to love seeing how it was made and it will make it all the more special. Have fun mate, looking forward to seeing the final pic.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 14, 2013, 12:38:18 PM »

When my little one was 3 and in Nursery she broke her leg, she was fine in a pot and could sit and shuffle about. The nursery refused to let her attend and charged us the full cost for 4 weeks while she was in a pot. At firs they said she was fine to go in, but changed their mind.

Safe to say I told um what I thought and we didn't go back the next term or send my youngest there. Absolute ripoff.
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 14, 2013, 12:43:43 PM »

When my little one was 3 and in Nursery she broke her leg, she was fine in a pot and could sit and shuffle about. The nursery refused to let her attend and charged us the full cost for 4 weeks while she was in a pot. At firs they said she was fine to go in, but changed their mind.

Safe to say I told um what I thought and we didn't go back the next term or send my youngest there. Absolute ripoff.

Yeah, same at ours. Proper sighs. If she is ill for 6 months you still pay for 6 months as it's their place you are paying for not the actual child. If they keep your kid's place open then that means another kid goes without.. It makes sense but I think there should be some sort of concession or something. Full whack is a bit harsh.

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 14, 2013, 01:43:15 PM »

Yeah, same at ours. Proper sighs. If she is ill for 6 months you still pay for 6 months as it's their place you are paying for not the actual child. If they keep your kid's place open then that means another kid goes without.. It makes sense but I think there should be some sort of concession or something. Full whack is a bit harsh.

agreed they are keeping the place open but if they know she is not going to be in for say 4 weeks guarenteed they will change staffing plans, food etc. Therefore saving them money and still charging you full whack bet they havea  field day when a bug goes round and they have 5/10 off at the same time.

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
sonour

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 14, 2013, 03:22:13 PM »

RANT

Today's plans have quickly come to a halt since nursery rang me saying Amelie is ill so I have to come and pick her up. The only real reasons for this are to cover their back to make sure nothing drastic happens to your child whilst in their care and also to get them out in case they are contagious. But it's getting pretty ridic tbh,  they have rang us to collect her at least 30 times this year due to coughs, temp 0.2 degrees over normal, runny nose etc. It's not the fact they do this that annoys me, It's the fact you still have to pay for the full day's care, (I had to pay for 2 weeks when she was really ill as its not her being there which you pay for it's her physical place), but you also have to put leave in with your employer so you can look after them or pay for another carer whilst you go to work. I hear it gets better once they have picked up all the generic bugs in the early days.

Do think the government should do something to help families where both parent's work. Not really many incentives in this country compared to other EU states and childcare is just joke expensive. I can understand why people just have tonnes of kids and live on benefits as you can work out being much better off. To put it in perspective childcare for 2 children per month is £1400, then you have clothes, nappies, food etc so you are looking at £1600 per month to have 2 children, then mortgage and all other bills it's just insane. Me and my missus both have our own cars as well. We were on just under £60k combined and were not even close to being able to afford having another child.

Obv none of this applies to me anymore as I am just a Jeremy Kyle watching, dishes washing bum and tbf all I had planned today was to go out and buy a computer game and play a bit of zoom but waaaaaaaaaaaah waaaaaaaaah, felt like I needed a vent.

It's quite crazy that now I don't have a job we are in a much better position to afford to have 3 children just because we wont have to pay full time childcare x 3.

Obv once your child gets to 4 yrs old they get free school in the UK so it doesn't really matter then but I don't think working parents should have to wait til one of their children turns 4 just so they can afford to have another.

/RANT

I have 3 year old twin girls. From the term after their 3rd birthday we will receive 15 hours a week of nursery education funded by the state. Any nursery, your choice.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 ... 58 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: