blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 07, 2024, 06:59:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272924 Posts in 66760 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Stepping into the future - One man's journey
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 58 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stepping into the future - One man's journey  (Read 165352 times)
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #285 on: November 21, 2013, 11:21:35 AM »

This is fast becoming my favorite diary on blonde... 

and you sir, my favourite poster. Smiley

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #286 on: November 21, 2013, 11:48:05 AM »

So I ended up doing the photoshoot yesterday. It's quite nice because my mate (who is probs my best mate nowadays tbh) his wife is my missus' best mate and they have been best friends for years now, so it's all real nice and friendly. Often my missus' friends have proper dicks as husbands / bfs so I just swerve them completely with my stock excuse being "he's at poker"..

It turns out taking snaps of 2 kids is much harder than taking pics of one!! However, overall the shoot went well and she was over the moon with the outcome even though I did have her in tears at one stage. Sad

I took 120 photos in total which then became 68 after I have gotten rid of the duds.

I have selected some of the ones I liked along with some of the post editing ones which I was asked to do.

Obv I have asked her permission before posting anything:

Click to see full-size image.

my personal fav: (this little girl did not like posing or standing still for a millisecond so was happy to get this)

The one which made her cry:

I'm still undecided if this is in bad taste or not. I was going for "missing you" but I might have gone a bit too dark. She said she likes it but isn't going to show it to him until he is back home safe and sound. The rest (along with the 60 odd overs) she has already printed out and is sending today in the hope they arrive in the sandy lands in time for Xmas.

Obviously this wasn't about me but doing it did make me feel quite happy with myself. He knows how lazy I am and the fact I actually put on clothes let alone leave the house normally comes as a shock to him, so I know he will really appreciate these. I have said when he is back then I will get some snaps of all four of them together.

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #287 on: November 21, 2013, 11:49:09 AM »

Today: I plan to get dressed, go out, get a haircut and buy some new shoes. Off to London tomorrow to meet an old friend which should be fun. Saturday morning it will be time to board the Eurostar and head to the land of the baguettes and berets. Just taking my little point and shoot camera to Paris as I can't be bothered lugging a big camera around and I don't want to stick out too much like a tourist. Will try and take a couple of snaps tho. ooooh la la.

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #288 on: November 21, 2013, 05:05:24 PM »

I used to like Xmas a lot more when I was in the mob, and got a month off on full pay to go on the piss Cheesy

This .......I done rear party in Germany one day on two days off ....on the one day on it was one hour on 6 hours off !!
Then I got the whole of January off !

Was awesome

Ha!

When I finished my Electronic Warfare course at HMS Dryad back in 2000, I was one of a few who didn't get a ship straight away. I got send out to do 2 months on HMS Fearless just before they decommissioned it, and then went back to Dryad to wait.

I finally got my draft through to join HMS Westminster at the end of July, so they sent me home for 5 weeks summer leave and I was to join the ship at the dockyard. I was told we would be going straight into a DOST (Deployment Operational Sea Training), which basically meant a month of digging out 18hours a day around the south coast exercise areas.

I was naturally pissed, because a few of my mates had flown out to the US to join their ships in the middle of a global deployment, and I had gotten a short straw. However, I bowled up to the ship on a Sunday teatime to dump my stuff off and grab what I thought would be a last night out for a month. Get onboard and get my mess sorted, meet a few of the lads etc.

I then find out that in fact the whole ship is going on leave the following Friday, there will be a ship alongside and I'm on summer duties. Basically it was worked out that we ended up having to stay on board 1 day in 4 and I was basically on the piss for a month in Portsmouth Cheesy

leethefish

winners never quit quitters never win

View Profile
« Reply #289 on: November 22, 2013, 09:08:08 AM »

Great photos Dave
My favourite one is on the bench looking at each other !
Nice work mate

http://www.ljwcarpenter.co.uk       

http://alzheimers.org.uk/

www.ageuk.org.uk/

If you can meet with triumph and disaster And treat those two impostors just the same......yours is the Earth and everything that's in it...And - which is more --you'll be a Man, my son.
typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #290 on: November 22, 2013, 10:46:17 AM »

I used to like Xmas a lot more when I was in the mob, and got a month off on full pay to go on the piss Cheesy

This .......I done rear party in Germany one day on two days off ....on the one day on it was one hour on 6 hours off !!

Was awesome

Ha!

When I finished my Electronic Warfare course at HMS Dryad back in 2000, I was one of a few who didn't get a ship straight away. I got send out to do 2 months on HMS Fearless just before they decommissioned it, and then went back to Dryad to wait.

I finally got my draft through to join HMS Westminster at the end of July, so they sent me home for 5 weeks summer leave and I was to join the ship at the dockyard. I was told we would be going straight into a DOST (Deployment Operational Sea Training), which basically meant a month of digging out 18hours a day around the south coast exercise areas.

I was naturally pissed, because a few of my mates had flown out to the US to join their ships in the middle of a global deployment, and I had gotten a short straw. However, I bowled up to the ship on a Sunday teatime to dump my stuff off and grab what I thought would be a last night out for a month. Get onboard and get my mess sorted, meet a few of the lads etc.

I then find out that in fact the whole ship is going on leave the following Friday, there will be a ship alongside and I'm on summer duties. Basically it was worked out that we ended up having to stay on board 1 day in 4 and I was basically on the piss for a month in Portsmouth Cheesy

My first ship was to fly out to Rio de Janiero for 6 weeks advancement course on Ark Royal

3200 on board, when we left there was 2000 outside sick bay....now i wonder what was our problem...ermmmmmm
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #291 on: November 22, 2013, 02:46:40 PM »

Nice pics mate. What day are you at UKIPT?

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #292 on: November 22, 2013, 02:51:39 PM »

Was awesome

Ha!

My first ship was to fly out to Rio de Janiero for 6 weeks advancement course on Ark Royal

3200 on board, when we left there was 2000 outside sick bay....now i wonder what was our problem...ermmmmmm

Grin

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #293 on: November 22, 2013, 03:11:16 PM »

Nice pics mate. What day are you at UKIPT?

Not sure am playing it yet mate. Using my token for UK poker champs, but there is a live sat on Tuesday night so probs play that depending on what time I get back from France. When you coming over?

mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #294 on: November 22, 2013, 04:30:17 PM »

Great stuff on the pics Milli, they're really good.

Good call not sending the last one imo.
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #295 on: November 22, 2013, 05:03:48 PM »

The last one is a great pic.

Replace the shoes with a pic of some random bloke and send that Smiley

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #296 on: November 22, 2013, 06:20:05 PM »

Great stuff on the pics Milli, they're really good.

Good call not sending the last one imo.

oh yeah saw you won the seat so guessed youd play it for this, thursday.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #297 on: November 26, 2013, 12:44:39 PM »

I'M BAAAAAAAAAAAAACK

Travel:

Got back from Paris in the early hours of this morning. Been to France a couple of times before but never actually visited the capital. Such a great place. Amazing food, history and culture. Did all the touristy stuff as well as got off the beaten track which was fun.

Legs are killing from all the walking, really felt the burn as I passed the fatties catching their breath on the walk upto the top of the arc de triumph but the view was worth it.

Joke amount of photos which I will have to sort out at some point. Thanks to everyone who gave me tips on where to go / eat. Only actually managed to do Ed's suggestion which was visiting Place des Vosges, grabbed a hot choccie but didn't stay too long as it was proper baltic. Can imagine it is the place to be in the summer.

Missus' highlight was the Louvre' where she was actually brought to tears, mine was the Xmas market on Champs Élysées where I was also brought to tears. Smiley

All in all a great anniversary trip, cost me a ridic amount of money but should keep the missus happy for a few years.

Christmas

Couple of houses in my area have put their decs up so it's fair game now! One of the houses has gone proper overboard which resulted in me rethinking my colour scheme. Have gone from muti coloured to warm white which should be nice.

The garage door cover has been put up! Plan to do the rest of the outside either today when it gets dark or tomorrow. The inside will be done on the weekend as a family.

Here she is in all her glory:

Already had a few people walk down the street to come and have a look.

Poker

Very tempted to go and play the £50reeb £1k sat at DTD tonight. Tired as it is and can only imagine will be even more knackered after going up and down ladders but think the value could be too good to miss. Will see how I feel later. If I win that I would probs play the 6 max, then try for one more to cover xmas deepstack and January GPS. Already have my seat for the Sky poker UK champs. Can't wait for that!

or could just chill and have a decent whack at the double vision Sunday on stars.

Decisions decisions.

typhoon13

View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 26, 2013, 12:49:50 PM »

Get them Paris Pics up
craigbetts

View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 26, 2013, 12:51:30 PM »

Get them decs up!

"We're not here to take part, we're here to take over"
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 ... 58 Go Up Print 
« previous next »