blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 23, 2024, 09:58:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272718 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Stepping into the future - One man's journey
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 58 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Stepping into the future - One man's journey  (Read 164417 times)
Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: January 08, 2014, 05:52:13 PM »

Not been on a rollercoaster since Disneyland in 2009!

Good luck tomorrow, shippers Wink

Eso Kral

Lucky in Life!!

View Profile
« Reply #481 on: January 08, 2014, 06:05:51 PM »

What site/stakes u playing bud?

Andrew Charles Blacklock - Lived for those he loved and those he loved remember.
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #482 on: January 08, 2014, 06:31:43 PM »

Not been on a rollercoaster since Disneyland in 2009!

Good luck tomorrow, shippers Wink

Cheers ships.

What site/stakes u playing bud?

Just .10/.20 euro on ipoker. I want to take the scenic route to the top mid tier. Smiley

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #483 on: January 08, 2014, 06:41:00 PM »

Are you playing speed poker with a rakeback deal? Did you not fancy pokerstars zoom?

Success has many parents but failure is an orphan

http://www.organdonation.nhs.uk
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #484 on: January 08, 2014, 06:58:18 PM »

Are you playing speed poker with a rakeback deal? Did you not fancy pokerstars zoom?

Pretty much yeah, with the odd mtt thrown in for personal pleasure. I played a bit of zoom before deciding where to lay my hat but decided against it in the end for a few reasons:

A lot of regs on stars, I didn't want to play in $$, stars is the devil and the perceived rakeback equivalent of vpps is quite poor. I read that silverstar to platinum was equivalent of 20-30% rb and superonva was 40-50%. As I doubt I will put in the volume for supernova I was better off grinding  elsewhere.

If I am breakeven or better over a few hundred thousand hands then I will just turn into a robot and up my volume.

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #485 on: January 10, 2014, 09:05:31 AM »

Made day 2 of GPS, going back to 35 or so bbs, that's loads for a nit like me. Took a big gamble early on and did a river get there, then from there it was all pretty standard.

Defo the most I've enjoyed playing in a long time, tonnes of banter throughout the whole day and pretty much everyone was up for a natter, also got to put a couple of faces to online names which is always nice.

gl any blondes playing.

No grinding for me today as I am looking after the little lady. Might put in a few hands tonight depending on how tired I am.

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #486 on: January 11, 2014, 04:50:20 PM »

Day 2 of the GPS went well... a pretty horrific spew by me. Sad A guy who I didn't have tagged as the greatest player at the table had 4xed the button 2 out of last 3 orbits with me in the sb. The prior orbit I folded 55 to him when I had 30bbs. Third time it came around he 4xd again, I looked down at J9dd and thought it would be a good spot to jam 28bbs.. my thinking was; he has opened every button when folded to him so could have atc, 4x is too much for me to not make a play, he might fold 22-88, he might call 22-88 in which case we are flipping, if he has AK/AQ I wont be in too bad shape and if we are crushed we can get there.. He had AQ we flopped a pair and an open ender but didn't get there. Last year I worked on getting rid of unnecessary pre flop spews and unnecessary zero equity post flop bluffs (of which I used to do a lot of..) clearly I haven't solved my problem. After this I was left with 6bbs, jammed the button with JJ, Frankie woke up with 66 in the bb, we had to dodge 6 outs on the river to claim the pot but it wasn't to be. Didn't play the £150 as really can't be bothered to drive back tomorrow. Will just enjoy the day with the lil one and missus instead.

Footy and horse bets were tez today, but got a tonne of new films to watch. Wiiiiiiiii

Cliffs: I am terrible at poker

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #487 on: January 13, 2014, 01:04:41 PM »

Life:

Deece day yesterday. Went to a place called 'Woodside wildlife and falconry park' up the top of Lincoln. My mate told me about it but didn't really sell it too well. I thought it was incred, as did Amelie. Highlight was handling a couple of snakes, a lizard and an emu egg. Lowlilght was some stupid cow asking if she could meet Sharon (Sharon happens to be the code word for their tarantula) I practically threw my daughter at my missus and ran out of the place much to the amusement of everyone else. When I was out of the room they put it on a guy's shoulder without him knowing, I can guarantee If they did that to me I would either be dead from a heart attack right now or in a police cell for the murder of 2 game keepers and a tarantula.

Couple of pics:

Click to see full-size image.

How many Lemurs does it take to change a lightbulb?

Poker:

Didn't play yesterday. Got up nice and early today ready to take on the world and instantly went down like 5 BI. It was filth AA < JJ aip, flopped a boat and guy rivered a higher boat, got it in with 2 pair vs over pair only to be counterfeited and allsorts of other fun. I thought about logging out and just scratching up the day as a loss but instead I dropped a table, whacked Plan B on the headphones and proceeded to smash the place up. Probs wasn't the best poker i've ever played but it was certainly my most aggressive. Pretty much just put everyone to the sword whenever I could. We ended up getting out for the day to secure a small profit which when added to rb means I am happy enough to take the afternoon off grinding and do a bit of studying instead.

I have started ever session so far losing. It's almost as if I have to lose before I start playing properly. Anyone encountered anything like this before or got any suggestions? Could just be coincidence as it's a joke small sample size but it feels like there could be more to it.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #488 on: January 13, 2014, 01:08:43 PM »

Been finding I tend to lose a bit getting used my foes/tables and once I get into the table dynamics seem to get back ahead. (Cue massive downswing !). Limit O8 is quite fun to play, not got a grind mentality going yet and still 1 or 2 tabling. I find my focus goes after 1 hour (old age? or need to have more tables open?).

Are you trying to get any GC for the Grand Prix?

millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #489 on: January 13, 2014, 01:22:38 PM »

Been finding I tend to lose a bit getting used my foes/tables and once I get into the table dynamics seem to get back ahead. (Cue massive downswing !). Limit O8 is quite fun to play, not got a grind mentality going yet and still 1 or 2 tabling. I find my focus goes after 1 hour (old age? or need to have more tables open?).

Are you trying to get any GC for the Grand Prix?

Think the dynamics are less of an issue on speed / zoom as obv the player pool is bigger and the players at your table change nearly every hand.

Focus is probs down to your age. Smiley I don't have any browsers or anything open when playing, just my music playing in my headphones so normally quite focussed throughout unless I am getting punting tips via txt..

Not tried for GP yet, plus as I play on ipoker but through a different skin I can't play on DTD at same time so don't really have time to grind any sats in the day. Not actually a massive fan of the GCs tbh. Both the times I FTd a GP I was not in possession of a Golden Chip. In fact the only time I did have one I busted early as I thought I could get people to fold on the fact I was unlikely to be bluffing with a GC.. i'm such a mental game fish and often level myself. Sad

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 13, 2014, 01:56:43 PM »

i have the same issue with losing at the start and having to regroup. Issue is if i say dump 3/4 buy ins early then get back i often want to quit as it feels like a result. Which is definitely a mental game leak!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 13, 2014, 02:06:26 PM »

i have the same issue with losing at the start and having to regroup. Issue is if i say dump 3/4 buy ins early then get back i often want to quit as it feels like a result. Which is definitely a mental game leak!

Sweet, so i'm not the only one. Right, now how do we resolve this?

That's exactly the same as me! Take today for example; snap -5bi, then get back in profit and then logged out as it feels like a massive win. I thought about continuing grinding through, I thought about having a break and logging back in and decided to take the afternoon off instead. My reason being that my longterm mental ev would be way higher if I just booked today as opposed to if I logged back in and lost monies which would crush me. This has to be a huge leak and I imagine can't be good for the long term? I am properly rolled for my stakes so it isn't even the money aspect, it's strictly a mental issue. I should probably read mental game of poker again.. 

BorntoBubble

View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 13, 2014, 02:17:57 PM »

mine is slightly roll issue when i win it back i tend to end up with say 400bb on one table and at the back of my mind i keep thinking. Id hate to lose all that. The sessions where i go into beast mode is when im up early. If im sat with 300bb on each table and all are in profit im usually not that bothered about stopping because i think. Ahh well if i lose alll on one table im still up etc. I do think its a good thing to book winning sessions BUT the way im doing it is definitely a mistake. Not sure how to solve it, where is pleno when i need him!

"ace high"

http://plascolwyn.co.uk/ - 9 Bed Self Catering Holiday let in Snowdonia, North Wales Pm for more details.

Follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/CalMorgan7
millidonk

View Profile
« Reply #493 on: January 13, 2014, 02:24:38 PM »

mine is slightly roll issue when i win it back i tend to end up with say 400bb on one table and at the back of my mind i keep thinking. Id hate to lose all that. The sessions where i go into beast mode is when im up early. If im sat with 300bb on each table and all are in profit im usually not that bothered about stopping because i think. Ahh well if i lose alll on one table im still up etc. I do think its a good thing to book winning sessions BUT the way im doing it is definitely a mistake. Not sure how to solve it, where is pleno when i need him!

Mate, I am the same way with that as well. Sad

Pleno wont be able to help, he never loses..

I imagine this must have been brought up before so there must be something about it on here. Nothing springs to mind though so will have a search, failing that will have a look on 2+2.

redsimon

View Profile
« Reply #494 on: January 13, 2014, 04:38:49 PM »

, where is pleno when i need him!

Probably got gut rot after eating raw meat if you look at his diary Cheesy

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 ... 58 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: