blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 09:25:26 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Reaching My Poker Potential
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Reaching My Poker Potential  (Read 7955 times)
Jon23

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 11:44:11 PM »

Update

Friday night i took some shots

At 5NL and chess Wink.  So started playing 10k hands at this stake. Also took a shot at me dad who came in after having 3 pints which i thought would be enough for me to have the edge at  chess, however bumhunting him backfired and he beat me to go 4-1 up in the Christmas Series , where the loser takes the winner to see Spurs (our prem team) in a Europa leage game.

Saturday

Had a match vs top of the league. It was a cracking game. 2-0 down after 2 pens by about the 35th min. Then a quick goal back and then a missed pen made it 2-1 down at half time. Second half, 3-1 down, 3-2, 3-3 (another pen, 4 in total!) then they got a 4th from a free kick. Then I entered the playing field but didn't do anything about the scoreline and 4-3 it ended.

On a slightly more serious note

Poker

Played 10k hands of 5NL.

Ran well by the looks of things. Doing Ok, but need to make a lot of improvements. So I've got some questions.

The hands Iv'e been marking have disapeared by the time i was going to post them the next day. Would anyone know how I could find them?

My Red line has gone from going downwards a lot for 15k hands to going flat for the last 5k hands, just an observation but do not know whether good or bad.

Also I've been folding and avoiding most of the situations I find hard- which might be ok at 2NL and 5NL but I'm going to have to start playing them soon.

Playing Pocket pairs out of position when reaised or 3bet? and generally just playing them at all really. Guess i need to get myself into the situations and see what people think when i post them.

And just Flush draws and open ended straight draws the maths of them i need to work out especially when you are pretty sure you are behind. Just post hands again i think?
I do wonder if it is best to play one long session and build up your stack as much as possible rather than short sessions and I also wonder at what stake you have to start making funky moves?

Ill move up to 10NL as im beating 5NL a little and play 10k hands there now, see how I do and mark more hands for analysis and save them somewhere this time.

I can't help much in return about poker but this was a video that was one of the reasons i wanted to do better- it may help some people in regards to poker or whatever. Really hope i didn't browse across it on here or I'll look a bit silly but this is it... and his other vids are pretty good too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS9sztfwaN8

I'm ending the post with a bit of trivia. I ate a fruit yesterday. nerver heard of it in me life despite being an online shopper at one point, it was orange and tasted like a mix betwen apple and peach ..... what was it? Whovever guesses correctly I'll send them one by mail if they want. 

Jon23

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2013, 12:13:14 AM »

gl

TY Smiley

first

Thanks Tomsom

sorry about tomson34325, he gets very excited about a new thread popping up, sitting there mashing the refresh button 24hrs a day must get boring!

second! must be a man close to my heart! whereabouts in kent you from jon? am at uni at loughborough, so lucky enough to play live in notts, however live in the best part of england. good luck!

Hiya I am from Gillingham/Medway Kent. Best part of England but worst part of Kent lol. Ah very nice, great sport facilities I hear? you lucky man yer one of my mates went to Loughborough and talks about Dusk Till Dawn like a mecca of poker, I'll come and play there one day, hopefully it will be better than the only other time I've been to Nottingham to watch the mighty Gills get relegated  , you a Gills fan yourself coming from Kent? Cheers for the GL.

ah ok, have lived in Kent for about 15years. Live over ashford way, went to school at sutton valence, near maidstone, you might have heard of it? ah ok, what was your mates name? when did he go here? haha nope, am a liverpool fan! for people that know me, my heavy scouse(southern) accent Wink gives it away! haha, will we being seeing you on the mtt tables for double vision today?

ah, no problem Smiley

yer I've heard of Sutton Valance, bit nicer over that way, like a bit of clubbing in Maidstone    he's Jim went there about 2 years ago, studying physics if that rings any bells? Ah Liverpool Smiley looking strong with Sturridge and Suarez best strikeforce in the prem I rekon.

Na I'm giving MTTs a miss for a bit not had much success lol, although with all the offers they've got on at the moment maybe I should play a few. Are you an MTT man yourself then?

tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2013, 11:08:34 AM »

Update

Friday night i took some shots

At 5NL and chess Wink.  So started playing 10k hands at this stake. Also took a shot at me dad who came in after having 3 pints which i thought would be enough for me to have the edge at  chess, however bumhunting him backfired and he beat me to go 4-1 up in the Christmas Series , where the loser takes the winner to see Spurs (our prem team) in a Europa leage game.
Saturday

Had a match vs top of the league. It was a cracking game. 2-0 down after 2 pens by about the 35th min. Then a quick goal back and then a missed pen made it 2-1 down at half time. Second half, 3-1 down, 3-2, 3-3 (another pen, 4 in total!) then they got a 4th from a free kick. Then I entered the playing field but didn't do anything about the scoreline and 4-3 it ended.

On a slightly more serious note

Poker

Played 10k hands of 5NL.

Ran well by the looks of things. Doing Ok, but need to make a lot of improvements. So I've got some questions.

The hands Iv'e been marking have disapeared by the time i was going to post them the next day. Would anyone know how I could find them?

My Red line has gone from going downwards a lot for 15k hands to going flat for the last 5k hands, just an observation but do not know whether good or bad.

Also I've been folding and avoiding most of the situations I find hard- which might be ok at 2NL and 5NL but I'm going to have to start playing them soon.

Playing Pocket pairs out of position when reaised or 3bet? and generally just playing them at all really. Guess i need to get myself into the situations and see what people think when i post them.

And just Flush draws and open ended straight draws the maths of them i need to work out especially when you are pretty sure you are behind. Just post hands again i think?
I do wonder if it is best to play one long session and build up your stack as much as possible rather than short sessions and I also wonder at what stake you have to start making funky moves?

Ill move up to 10NL as im beating 5NL a little and play 10k hands there now, see how I do and mark more hands for analysis and save them somewhere this time.

I can't help much in return about poker but this was a video that was one of the reasons i wanted to do better- it may help some people in regards to poker or whatever. Really hope i didn't browse across it on here or I'll look a bit silly but this is it... and his other vids are pretty good too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS9sztfwaN8

I'm ending the post with a bit of trivia. I ate a fruit yesterday. nerver heard of it in me life despite being an online shopper at one point, it was orange and tasted like a mix betwen apple and peach ..... what was it? Whovever guesses correctly I'll send them one by mail if they want. 

If you genuinely enjoy Chess, there is a terrific blonde thread which may interest you.

The primary contributor is under the name of "Tal", but that's actually me, using a different account.

http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=58441.0

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
tikay
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2013, 11:12:29 AM »

first

Thanks Tomsom

second! must be a man close to my heart! whereabouts in kent you from jon? am at uni at loughborough, so lucky enough to play live in notts, however live in the best part of england. good luck!

Hiya I am from Gillingham/Medway Kent. Best part of England but worst part of Kent lol. Ah very nice, great sport facilities I hear? you lucky man yer one of my mates went to Loughborough and talks about Dusk Till Dawn like a mecca of poker, I'll come and play there one day, hopefully it will be better than the only other time I've been to Nottingham to watch the mighty Gills get relegated  , you a Gills fan yourself coming from Kent? Cheers for the GL.

Good luck Jon.

Any questions as to blonde etc, fire away.

Hello Tikay, thank you Smiley What is your best ever poker moment? seems like people here are actually friends in real life which I wouldn't expect off an internet forum.
Good luck!

I would say your best option is, if possible, try and get about £40-50 use that as your starting bankroll.

At low limit games just play tight and aggressive, and don't be scared folding top pair good kicker. At the mircos if someone re-raises you, 1 pair is seldom ever good.

No idea what site you are on, but if the site has a section for analysing hands, utilise it is much as possible, this will help your game improve a lot.

Or use the poker clinic section on here. Another good way to improve is to have poker friends on Skype and just chat stuff over with them, get their feedback on hands.

All the best 

Cheers Shipitgood. Yer I've played my 10k hands and that seems to be working so far, might be too tight lol. I was pretty surprised by the strength of hands people were showing, I thought they'd be treating it as play money! Im playing the Zoom games on Pokerstars. I'll end up in the clinic a lot I would suspect deffinatly need to start analysing me hands. What games you play yourself?

Welcome to blonde.

Thanks, yes, I'm acquainted with, or friends, with many of the blondes. I am quite precious about how we interpret the word "friend", e.g.,  a "Facebook Friend" is not necessarily a friend as such, just someone we know. Huge difference.

My "best poker moment"?

That has actually set me thinking for a few days, & I've narrowed it down to about 5, but they are not at all what you might expect. If you are seriously interested in my reply, let me know, & I'll post accordingly.

All details of the 2016 Vegas Staking Adventure can be found via this link - http://bit.ly/1pdQZDY (copyright Anthony James Kendall, 2016).
Jon23

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2013, 04:51:36 AM »

Hi Tikay, yer im interested, you must have had a lot of pretty interesting/good moments so would like to know what your actual number 1 experience has been in your poker playing time has been.

And yup I love a bit of chess, I'm surprised more people don't play it. Thanks for the link I will start going through it, never used any info for chess before so hopefully I can start beating me dad. 6-3 down at the moment. When I play chess online its a lot harder than playing people you know as well I find, bit like poker and I never realised you were the Tal name, your pretty good at chess as well then. Smiley

first

Thanks Tomsom

Good luck Jon.

Any questions as to blonde etc, fire away.

Hello Tikay, thank you Smiley What is your best ever poker moment? seems like people here are actually friends in real life which I wouldn't expect off an internet forum.
Good luck!

I would say your best option is, if possible, try and get about £40-50 use that as your starting bankroll.

At low limit games just play tight and aggressive, and don't be scared folding top pair good kicker. At the mircos if someone re-raises you, 1 pair is seldom ever good.

No idea what site you are on, but if the site has a section for analysing hands, utilise it is much as possible, this will help your game improve a lot.

Or use the poker clinic section on here. Another good way to improve is to have poker friends on Skype and just chat stuff over with them, get their feedback on hands.

All the best 

Cheers Shipitgood. Yer I've played my 10k hands and that seems to be working so far, might be too tight lol. I was pretty surprised by the strength of hands people were showing, I thought they'd be treating it as play money! Im playing the Zoom games on Pokerstars. I'll end up in the clinic a lot I would suspect deffinatly need to start analysing me hands. What games you play yourself?

Welcome to blonde.

Thanks, yes, I'm acquainted with, or friends, with many of the blondes. I am quite precious about how we interpret the word "friend", e.g.,  a "Facebook Friend" is not necessarily a friend as such, just someone we know. Huge difference.

My "best poker moment"?

That has actually set me thinking for a few days, & I've narrowed it down to about 5, but they are not at all what you might expect. If you are seriously interested in my reply, let me know, & I'll post accordingly.

Jon23

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2013, 05:35:31 AM »

Oops meant to post that graph in this post.

Poker Update

As you can see from it my $12 got me through 2 limits and then I got beat up at 10NL, which isn't very far but good to know my capability and was good fun apart from the final hand lol.

I will repeat the process and make some changes around the 22k hand mark.

And poker update this in many hands time.

In the meantime I'll stick around on blonde as its a great read and post more.

Good luck everyone  dad dont dance

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2013, 05:30:18 PM »

erm bit of both, live recently have played a lot more cash, and the odd Big game, deepstack, SPT etc. uni work in the past few weeks has stopped the degeneracy a little though.
online cash i find very boring, and have never really had a proper bankroll for online, so now just flick it in for storm, bigger 11 etc on a sunday or the Micro millions etc etc if they are on. played a bit of zoom to, but as i say, lacked a decent roll to take it on

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
pleno1

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2013, 03:25:21 AM »

Advice would be not to fold at nl10 be aggressive in position, steal 100% from sb and btn people fold way too much and are too passive. Post flop maybe slow down on rivers.

Worst playcalling I have ever seen. Bunch of  fucking jokers . Run the bloody ball. 18 rushes all game? You have to be kidding me. Fuck off lol
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: