blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 25, 2024, 11:27:25 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272582 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  From 2 wheels to 2 cards
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 15 Go Down Print
Author Topic: From 2 wheels to 2 cards  (Read 42511 times)
CHIPPYMAN

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2013, 01:21:48 PM »

Liam , when u do this diary u are expecting some good n bad responds . Just ignore the people that trying to wind u up or keep on asking silly questions. U don't have to answer them .  They are clueless n don't know what they fucking talking about about . They just trolls and trolls . They so gay !! xx

Was that a reference to my post?

I wasn't trolling at all if it was.

U are too sensitive mate . Just to remind Liam
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2013, 02:51:37 PM »

Wanted to share a thought I had about how easily you could get scammed by somebody in poker.

I received a Facebook message from a player selling 25% of himself for the then upcoming GUKPT main event. He is in the top tier of uk players who are world class so was selling at a 1.3 mark up and I agreed to buy 5% of him and he sent me his bank details and as it was a last min sale he needed it quick so I sent it straight away via my bank account on my phone which was done in a matter of minutes.

Anyway, it's the start of the tournamanet and I don't see his name on the start list so I message him asking if he's playing and he replies due to unforeseen circumstances he is unable to play now.
I received a refund no problem soon after, but it got me thinking how easily I had sent the money without even thinking or talking to him in person, because I had been messaged by this person on his real Facebook account and I know him to be genuine however what if his Facebook had been hacked or he left it open on somebody else's laptop or whatever and an untrustworthy individual had sent messages to people selling %'s to tournaments that don't actually exist and used a fake bank account to receive funds which you would never see again.

Anyway just sharing my thoughts about how easily it could happen to you, so just always double check before you send anybody money by speaking to them in person to confirm if they are actually selling or over the phone or whatever.

what do you mean fake bank account?

If I buy a piece of Mitch Johnson having chatted on facebook, no way I'm sending to the bank of Billy Scammer.

I mean if for example Mr Joe Bloggs who has won a WSOP bracelet, and a GUKPT and loads of big comps online ect ect who you knew but wouldn't really class as a close friend messages you on fb saying he's selling 20% for EPT Barcalona at 1.2 and you agree to buy 10% and he says ok cool can you bank transfer it me. This is the first time you have bought a piece of this guy and he gives you said bank details and you send him the money thinking your sending it to joe Bloggs... However turns out Joe Bloggs's Facebook account had been hacked and you have just sent £700 to an unknown bank account and joe Bloggs has no idea somebody was on his account selling %'s of him.

God forbid, Joe Bloggs goes onto win said EPT and then he's got 10 angry guys wanting their share when he had no idea about it. You have to be so careful with your social media passwords in an industry like ours where people are more trusting of their peers with huge sums of money than most members of public.

Sorry, it still doesn't make sense to me.

Let's say I get a pm from Toby Lewis wanting to sell 10% of something. I agree to buy. I wouldn't send to a bank account that wasn't in the name of Toby Lewis.

How is that an easy way to scam someone? :S

I don't know how you do your internet banking but on my LLOYDS , you just put the account number and sort code in and hit send money, it doesn't come up with the name of the persons bank account.
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2013, 03:22:22 PM »

So I played the GPS grand final yesterday and for once it didn't go well....

First bullet, just couldn't win a showdown, big pots lost AQ<KK to double a shorty up, KQ<89 bvb on Q88. Then lost a flip to bust.
Second bullet, starting with 50 bigs, first hand have to fold river when I r/b/b AJ on KJJhh 7xTh. So we do chunks there, then we re-jam iso over what I thought to be a worse draw than mine, turns out it was just King high beating my QJcc, and then a guy calls both our shoves with 2nd pair no kicker and incredibly holds.... as I was walking away he told me to "stick that in my documentary" which was rather uncalled for seen as I've never even spoke to him before. One of the drunk Geordie crowd. Thanks for rubbing salt in the wounds.

So were down 2 bullets feeling sorry for myself and no battery on my phone, I decide to find the nearest plug socket to charge my phone and play the most golden guy to ever play OFC against, Mr Pleno. He runs well, winning like 50 points off me or something.

We then find ourselves in the 1/2 cash game, bluff off 1 buy in with check raising flop of A 9x  then jamming turn for the straight flush draw, get called by so half my outs are dead and he holds... I thought it was against some random, then snap find out its one of my friends Tim's cash horses.

So we reload, and get our grinding head on and grind back the first bullet to be winning a couple hundred then cooler Tim's other horse...
5 handed theres a straddle, fold, Ken makes it £12. I call from BB. Straddle makes up .
Flop . I ck, straddle bets £15. Ken calls £15. I make it £51 to make my line look more weighted towards draw type hands. first guy folds, Ken calls.
Turn I bet £62 he calls river . I check and he bets £157 with about £380 behind, I think for a while and bet enough to put him all in to call. He tank calls it off with 56. So we book a 1k win to lighten my mood.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 12:31:41 AM by LB44 » Logged
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2013, 06:17:37 PM »

Wanted to share a thought I had about how easily you could get scammed by somebody in poker.

I received a Facebook message from a player selling 25% of himself for the then upcoming GUKPT main event. He is in the top tier of uk players who are world class so was selling at a 1.3 mark up and I agreed to buy 5% of him and he sent me his bank details and as it was a last min sale he needed it quick so I sent it straight away via my bank account on my phone which was done in a matter of minutes.

Anyway, it's the start of the tournamanet and I don't see his name on the start list so I message him asking if he's playing and he replies due to unforeseen circumstances he is unable to play now.
I received a refund no problem soon after, but it got me thinking how easily I had sent the money without even thinking or talking to him in person, because I had been messaged by this person on his real Facebook account and I know him to be genuine however what if his Facebook had been hacked or he left it open on somebody else's laptop or whatever and an untrustworthy individual had sent messages to people selling %'s to tournaments that don't actually exist and used a fake bank account to receive funds which you would never see again.

Anyway just sharing my thoughts about how easily it could happen to you, so just always double check before you send anybody money by speaking to them in person to confirm if they are actually selling or over the phone or whatever.

what do you mean fake bank account?

If I buy a piece of Mitch Johnson having chatted on facebook, no way I'm sending to the bank of Billy Scammer.

I mean if for example Mr Joe Bloggs who has won a WSOP bracelet, and a GUKPT and loads of big comps online ect ect who you knew but wouldn't really class as a close friend messages you on fb saying he's selling 20% for EPT Barcalona at 1.2 and you agree to buy 10% and he says ok cool can you bank transfer it me. This is the first time you have bought a piece of this guy and he gives you said bank details and you send him the money thinking your sending it to joe Bloggs... However turns out Joe Bloggs's Facebook account had been hacked and you have just sent £700 to an unknown bank account and joe Bloggs has no idea somebody was on his account selling %'s of him.

God forbid, Joe Bloggs goes onto win said EPT and then he's got 10 angry guys wanting their share when he had no idea about it. You have to be so careful with your social media passwords in an industry like ours where people are more trusting of their peers with huge sums of money than most members of public.

Sorry, it still doesn't make sense to me.

Let's say I get a pm from Toby Lewis wanting to sell 10% of something. I agree to buy. I wouldn't send to a bank account that wasn't in the name of Toby Lewis.

How is that an easy way to scam someone? :S

I don't know how you do your internet banking but on my LLOYDS , you just put the account number and sort code in and hit send money, it doesn't come up with the name of the persons bank account.

Ahh ok! That makes sense now!

On both my internet banking accounts (both completely different banks and banking groups) you need to input the name which links to the sort code and acct number.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2013, 11:41:43 PM »

Yeh you can write a name in, but it doesn't matter what name you type in, all it matters is sort code and account number
GreekStein

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 15, 2013, 12:21:46 AM »

Yeh you can write a name in, but it doesn't matter what name you type in, all it matters is sort code and account number

On mine, when I input the numbers, it searches the persons name automatically so the numbers are linked to an account which you are shown the name of the owner. Seems like the best way to do it!

<3 Thai banks.

@GreekStein on twitter.

Retired Policeman, Part time troll.
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2013, 09:48:11 PM »

Had a long day yesterday, my backer had made day 3 of the GPS grand final so after getting to sleep at 6am, I was up at 11am to get ready and go pick him up from the hotel and rail the final day.
Unfortunately for him, and possibly me, Ben Vinson 3b jammed QT vs his AKcc and got there leaving him short. Think he finished 13th or 14th. Pretty disappointed.

So, with 2 of the local Sheffield lads still in, a couple of the locals had come to rail and we got an OFC game going for £2 a point with 2 jokers added to the deck and fantasy land in play, Osh (Sheffield cash game player) was running in super god mode, pulling both jokers almost each hand and making straight flushes or quads almost every other hand.

I was getting further and further into the hole when no matter what I did, he would usually beat my holdings and then I was gambling more and more for fantasy land to get myself out of it, and he was just scooping with loads of royalties each hand.
After Danny bust the main in 6th, I was down £197 and Osh wanted a break so me and James Bolly Conway went to the awesome Mexican Burrito place round the corner from Genting to get some munch and possibly go to G for a cash game.
Got back to Genting and Osh wanted to playa again. Anyway he picks up where he left off crushing!!!
So we play for awhile and wanting to go play a cash game somewhere, we high card to see how many hands we will play. I pull an ace and make it 13 hands...on the final hand £380 down, I make Fantasy Land!!! Yesssss.
I make a straight flush to stay in fantasy, then make quads to stay in, then house in the middle, then quads, and finally a house, trips and Kings at the top to get myself out of the massive hole to end up only £20 down! Felt like a win! Lol.

The remaining main event finalists were on dinner break and Genting bossman Raf White treats me and Bolly to some Christmas Turkey dinner which goes down a treat. Cheers Raf.

So debating on what to do as no cash game had got off the ground in Genting, Bolly fires up his laptop to play some 2/5 online, I jump in the £40 evening comp for a laugh and chill out. We chip up nicely and get a text off Bolly that a guy is donating huge in the cash games online so I go over to watch for awhile and he literally gifted him over £2000 in 2 hands calling it off with only 4th pair both times for over £1k pots when Bolly had a straight and a set. The guy was a proper Father Christmas even calling £50 river value bets with only 8 high!
So I forget about the tournament I'm in and furiously start to download *insert annonamous poker site here* to jump into this cash game, however I'm too late as a hige waiting list had formed as word got around.
The guy busts his last £700 after doing a total of almost £8000 in a matter of minutes then leaves and suddenly the regs all sit out and waiting list empties and I get a seat. I don't play on this site so they must have thought I was just another rec jumping on for a bash and the game gets going again with everybody thinking I was the spot lol. I play for about 30 mins and the game is ridiculously nitty so we leave booking a small win, bust the tournament with 77<QQ and make the short trip to G for the 1/2 cash game with Bolly.

Session goes well, more notable pots was peeling off my straddle to a £12 raise with Two Diamonds and flop two hearts Two Clubs I check raise a £14 c bet to £47 which villan calls. Turn I continue for £67. River to boat up and I bet £157. The lad moves all in covering me ( started the hand with about £550) I call and he says flush so I win a nice pot.

Next one was more satisfying. In the straddle again, this time with and see a raise to £14 and 4 callers. I squeeze to £51 and just get 1 caller.

Flop two hearts

I lead for £56 he quickly calls.
Turn and I decide to check and he quickly checks behind. I'm pretty sure I have the best hand now as he checked pretty quickly. River was the and I decided to check and get to showdown.
He bets £140. This is quite strange for him as I had seen him miss 3 value bets on the river earlier in the night with trip aces on a really dry board and being checked to on turn and river and he checked behind then seen him check behind with top pair top kicker on a dry board vs a station so this seemed very unusual for him to now want to bet river with just a 1 pair hand, and I would certainly expect him to bet turn with QJ or a flopped set. So the only hand that makes any sense that I'm losing to after the previous betting action is exactly pocket 8's and I'm getting just shy of 3/1 to call river which is also strange as he had £250 behind which is almost a pot bet shove but he chose to bet £140 so I call and he shows As for a missed wheel draw and my 9's were good.

I later fold AK on KJ2 to a single c bet and was shown a set of deuces so felt my reads were spot on all night and after a horrible time in the GPS, we end up £2k after the weekends two cash sessions and put December firmly into the black.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2013, 09:59:52 PM by LB44 » Logged
swinebag22

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2013, 12:35:05 AM »

Hi there

Enjoying the diary (well I read the brilliant OP and the last few pages) didn't realise you had been playing poker so long.

One Q. I watched SPOTY last night and they mentioned a Liam Phillips as the world BMX champ. Surely this isn't your Bro? Was it a different type of BMX world title that your Bro won?

LB44

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 17, 2013, 01:01:50 AM »

Hey thanks for the good feedback Smiley sometimes feels like I'm writing replies to myself sometimes lol

No mention for my brother as he was riding for Ireland at the world Championships. My brother won the world Masters championships. Liam won the world elite championships
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 01:04:49 AM by LB44 » Logged
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2013, 03:12:20 AM »

On Tuesday I took my friend to Genting and as a treat put her in the £25 comp for her to sample abit of live poker as she hasn't played before, only on some app on her phone and she wanted to try it out. Anyway she actually did alright 4b calling off with AA v KK only for the window card to be a King! Ffs lol. So after that I dumped off all my chips and took her home, so me and Sheffield Wedneaday captain Ant Gardner went to Grosvenor to play 1/2. He's out for the season with an Achilles injury so he mostly spends each evening playing cash. He's gone from being the spot with loads of cash at the table to being one of the regs who is pretty decent. We both booked solid wins which has capped off a nice week for me on cash. Little help being my Ah busted Aces Smiley

Last night played a just a couple of comps on pokerstars, the big 55, 162 and the hot 55 and hot 44.

Ended up sweating the big 55 and big 162 running deep(ish) in both. Losing QQvKK for a top 5 chip stack in the big 55 to bust in 160th for $137 and then busting the 162 when it's folded to me on the button with and jam 15 bigs only for the blinds to both call with QQ and KQ to bust in 57th for $325. It was $17k and $19k up top for them both so pretty gross to bust for peanuts. I should definetly try to pencil in a proper online mtt schedual in the near future. I withdrew my roll from pokerstars.fr and will now play mostly on the main stars site.

In none poker related news this week, I've managed to finish off all my Christmas shopping pretty uneventfully. It's been hard to get out and about when I've been getting home at almost 6am then waking up mid afternoon but hauled myself out of bed earlyish yesterday to get it all done.

I also got round to finishing off season 2 of '24'. Can't get enough of Jack Bauer saving the world. Haven't watched any of season 3 yet as I'm afraid once I put the DVD in, I will be hooked again so think I'll save that till after Christmas.

Did anybody catch the great train robbery drama on bbc these last 2 days? I really enjoyed it. Very interesting.

Haven't got much planned over the weekend except heading up to Leeds with a few friends tomorrow to watch the Yorkshire derby between Leeds United and Barnsley. A big 30,000+ crowd has been predicted and Leeds are on a bit of a roll at the moment on and off the pitch so hopefully we can do them over and cement our top 6 place.
Also put quite a few bets on for the premier league. It seems there will be a lot of draws this weekend with only Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal looking odds on to win, however possibly wins for Southampton, West Brom, Everton and Sunderland could happen. GL punters!
celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2013, 06:27:31 AM »

I've watched the first part of the great train robbery. Missed the 2nd part, but will catch up with it over the weekend probably. Thought it was brilliant. Great unintentional scheduling by the BBC, I thought.

remember watching Buster a few years back, that's quite good too, if you haven't seen it.

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
Boba Fett
Doctor of Thugonomics

Pain is Temporary!

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2013, 01:18:52 PM »

The scene where Mason appears in the plane so that Jack can parachute out!

Ya gotta crawl before ya ball!
LB44

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2013, 04:25:57 PM »

The scene where jack says goodbye to Kim while flying the plane. Choked me up.

Celtic, you have to catch up on bbc iplayer. Really good. Think the Reynolds character is tipped to be the new bond.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2013, 04:31:29 PM »

Celtic nails it.

Buster was a classic film. Better soundtrack:

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Mitch

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2013, 04:51:10 PM »

The scene where Mason appears in the plane so that Jack can parachute out!

Enjoyed the finale, but saw that bit coming a mile off.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 15 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: