blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 05:49:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16945 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Keane v Viera
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Keane v Viera  (Read 6565 times)
Domaison

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 12, 2013, 02:58:09 AM »

lol that joint team was an absolute joke, 

schmeichal

g neviile      stam    Adams       Irwin           (would probably have A.cole in but he wasnt as developed at the time.)

beckham    scholes   Viera      Ronaldo

henry   Cantona

This team would win the League every year.   
Where is Giggs, I'd have him at right back before ugly Neville. 

Massive call to leave Denis Irwin out of any team.
Has there ever been a better premier league full back ?

Domaison

BetBetbet......
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 12, 2013, 08:56:13 AM »

lol that joint team was an absolute joke, 

schmeichal

g neviile      stam    Adams       Irwin           (would probably have A.cole in but he wasnt as developed at the time.)

beckham    scholes   Viera      Ronaldo

henry   Cantona

This team would win the League every year.   
Where is Giggs, I'd have him at right back before ugly Neville. 

Massive call to leave Denis Irwin out of any team.
Has there ever been a better premier league full back ?

Leave out Adams and play Stam in the middle of a back three to get Giggs on left and Ronaldo wherever he wants to be.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
MANTIS01

What kind of fuckery is this?

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2013, 01:12:39 PM »

who would win in a fight keith?

Keane.

I would back Keane against anyone.

I truly hated him when he played, now I doubt there is anyone in football I respect more.

Treated abysmally by United, if he wasn't at the heart of their team, they would have won a fraction of the trophies they did.

Why do you think he was treated abysmally by United? They made him their captain and main man for many years and gave him the opportunity to win plenty of silverwear whilst earning millions of squids. Towards the end of his playing career he was beset with injuries and became frustrating and awkward to deal with. He started directly challenging the manager, complaining about facilities and disrupting morale in the squad. The final straw came when he slated most of his team mates in public on MUTV.

His venom towards the younger members of the squad caused fans to boo them before games and made them lose confidence in their game. Because of this and the fact he was becoming less effective the manager shipped him out. Think they treated him normally and in line with reality.  

Tikay - "He has a proven track record in business, he is articulate, intelligent, & presents his cases well"

Claw75 - "Mantis is not only a blonde legend he's also very easy on the eye"

Outragous76 - "a really nice certainly intelligent guy"

taximan007 & Girgy85 & Celtic & Laxie - <3 Mantis
The Baron

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2013, 03:13:15 PM »

Haaland didn't know Keane was injured so badly, how often is someone? High percentage of the time they are fit for the next game and you have to assume, in the short moments after the incident, that is what Haaland was thinking. That was without pre meditation. Also it wasn't physical abuse was it, Keane was trying to kick him! So how exactly are you putting Haaland in the wrong here and giving Keane room to come out of this with any dignity? Haaland was well within his rights to have a go, knowing what he knew at the time, Keane knows the circumstances leading up to Haaland lambasting him at that time, and shouldn't bring his busted ACL into it, because Haaland didn't know.

What Keane did to Haaland he waited years to inflict, and wanted to inflict as much damage as possible, and with that he is scummy. Just really a terrible action. And today he doesn't back down from those actions? I think that just shows the man that he is.

With Ireland, without Roy Keane, they got to the second round and if it wasn't for a missed Ian Harte penno in normal time, Ireland could have beat Spain, as it stood they lost on penalties. The next round had South Korea, despite their support, it would not have been outrageous to see Ireland win that game too, and then all of a sudden they are in the semis. With Roy Keane, you can assume they may have made the quarters and really gone for it that year.

On leaving your country because of bad prep in training facilities, despite being unhappy about it, there is no way you could commend that imo and too right that Keane has since said that he has regretted leaving that squad. He let his country and his family down, as was said by him in that doc. A reason to leave in those circumstances has to be much more severe.

It's the World Cup Keith? Would you say hats off to a player doing that in 2002 for England, if hypothetically, the training facilities were not up to scratch? Even if you did, 99% of the public wouldn't and would say its an abomination. Look how the English media reacted to Beckham getting red carded in 1998 against Argentina, that was heat of the moment, something that should have been quickly forgiven, could you imagine if they were dealing with a player leaving because he didn't fancy it because the training facilities were not up to scratch, not to mention it is your best player doing this!

I know it ran deeper with Keane not seeing eye to eye with Mick McCarthy, but his actions generally were farcical and he got off very lightly.

I agree about AIH. Awful from Keane and no defence.

However I think it's fair to argue Roy Keane's walk off in 2002 prompted the FAI to change the set up started by Jack Charlton. He's actually done more for Irish football than you credit him for IMO. Had it not been for a world class Irish player, seeing how it should have been at national level by playing at Man Utd, it may have taken years for the old boys club to be scrapped.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: