blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 05:09:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  lucky_scrote's (b)log/diary
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: lucky_scrote's (b)log/diary  (Read 64177 times)
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 13, 2014, 04:18:51 PM »

Day 12

Hours played: 9

Profit/Loss: -$1344

I managed to make day 2 of the winamax main event. I've got about 1.5x average which is tasty. Day 2 is on Wednesday and I expect to see a tasty €200k UT!

I'm currently averaging a buy-in of $38 and 28 tournaments a day. The amounts you see are daily profit and losses, not running totals.

I'm currently on schedule for the 160 hour month I had hoped for, I'm not getting tired often either. My new surroundings are a lot better here in Holland, for reasons I can't be bothered to go into here. I think after Wednesday I'll decrease the hours I'm putting in for a while until TCOOP arrives in which I will probably catch up with the 160 hour monthly target!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 04:20:28 PM by lucky_scrote » Logged

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 13, 2014, 04:26:31 PM »

Hey Dan,

Just seen you had a thread yesterday.

Good luck with the year!

Must say your chat transcript around the chop 3 handed was one of the funniest things I've ever read on a poker forum.

Loved the "wiiiiiii i'm going to buy a car" from 3rd chip leader. For them 2 seconds later 2 drop 5k lol Brilliant negotiating and a great deal.

Also echo what Pleno said, always love your feedback on hands in the poker analysis section.

All the best for the forthcoming year.

Thanks for the kind words. I received quite a bit of criticism (understandably) for how I acted in that deal, but it's a long time ago now so I don't care too much.

<3 ENSUING
MC
Super

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 13, 2014, 08:53:33 PM »

Such a boss, <3 that chat.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal"
http://www.atkinator.net ..... @epitomised
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2014, 03:53:24 PM »

Day 13

Managed to make it 3 losing days in a row after 2 decent winning days. It's been a really swingy year so far, and even with some decent results I'm losing on the month. Today I managed once again some decent runs in some of the bigger stuff but things are frustratingly not going my way. I actually managed to make some horrific plays too, some proper school boy stuff.

Hours played: 9

Profit/loss: -$1211

It's evident that the evening schedule is creating a lot more variance. I definitely know that it will make me more money in the long run though, there are so many games on offer in the late evenings.

Day 14

Day off, was lazy and watched some Game of Thrones and played my favourite video game of last year: Age of Empires III.

Today I have day 2 of the Winamax main event. Got a decent stack and there is a massive €223k UT. Pretty insane. Going to keep the table count down and put all my focus into winning €223k.

<3 ENSUING
mondatoo

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2014, 03:59:29 PM »

Oh My, AOE, then you said III though, hmmmm, AOE 2 abs incred, possibly greatest ever PC game.
DMorgan

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2014, 04:17:14 PM »

Oh My, AOE, then you said III though, hmmmm, AOE 2 abs incred, possibly greatest ever PC game.

Used to play this a ton, s'all about the Byzantines

lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2014, 04:33:55 PM »

Hand of the day already http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/6928847_5CAF647E7F

<3 ENSUING
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2014, 05:24:55 PM »

It's a cracking game. I wish they would consider making a new one. It must be about 8 years old now.

<3 ENSUING
Oxford_HRV

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 17, 2014, 12:40:42 AM »

this! still have the game and the conqueror's expansion pack! 

To win at poker is to not have to play
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2014, 02:02:02 PM »

Figured I'd give a quick yet boring update, just so that there are no gaps missing.

Day 15

Today was the 2nd day of the winamax main event, I was pretty pumped but unfortunately folded for 90 minutes and ended up knocking it in with JTs for 13bb once in the money.

Profit: $4 (winning day, you can't take that from me)

Hours played: 7.5

Day 16

Missus been nagging me about all the poker I've been playing in the evenings so I reluctantly took today off again. TCOOP coming up and I don't mind working extra hard on the weekends.

Hours played: 1 (On the phone, in bed, trying to get to sleep)

Profit/loss: -$68

I feel like writing some fun posts about the differences between the Netherlands and England in all ways. Possibly a top 10 type running article, anyone interested in this? Would love to hear anyone else's opinions on the differences too as I imagine if you have only ever spent a few days in the Netherlands then you will be picking out the obvious ones.

<3 ENSUING
titaniumbean

Equity means nothing.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2014, 02:12:27 PM »

hup hup!
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2014, 03:09:27 PM »

Day 17

Dabbled in a morning/afternoon session today and remembered how bloody terrible the schedule is at this hour. Stars really need to sort it out.

A couple of 10ths and 11th type finishes and I was on in for a little bit. Cut the session short because of the schedule tilting my tits off. Played a bit pants at times and didn't enjoy the session in general

Profit/loss: -$74

Hours played: 3.5

Day 18

Had a great day today all except from the profit/loss thingy. Played really good all day and really felt in the zone. Felt like I only made 2 poor decisions. Had a couple of awesome sweats but alas, I fell at the last hurdle. Stars account starting to show the negative variance I've been suffering a couple of tables out.

Profit/loss: -$515

Hours played: 9.5

I've now made just 1 final in the last 10 days, and I came 9th in that. Managed 9 final 2 tables in that time, so beginning to be a frustrating period.

<3 ENSUING
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2014, 03:28:01 PM »

Need some music for today. Seems like I've gone through the entire of youtube now.

Like: Alternative rock/anything with decent guitar riffs pretty much. Always liked White stripes/Franz ferdinand/keane/coldplay etc

Dislike: Rap/Hip hop/use of the n word in lyrics. And pretty much anything that MC listens to.

<3 ENSUING
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2014, 03:33:21 PM »

Might be a bit heavy for you but give Volbeat a try.
Tal

"He's always at it!"

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2014, 03:36:48 PM »

Does it need to be current?

If you like Franz Ferdinand, try Roxy Music.

"You must take your opponent into a deep, dark forest, where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one"
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 ... 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: