blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 03:31:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272622 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16721 Members
Latest Member: Zula
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  lucky_scrote's (b)log/diary
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Go Down Print
Author Topic: lucky_scrote's (b)log/diary  (Read 64169 times)
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2014, 11:23:27 AM »

Day 20, 21 & 22

I'm not sure if it's discipline or not, but I took 3 days off in preparation for TCOOP. I've watched a couple of videos on runitonce and am about to go over some hands from some turbos I played on Sunday using ICMIZER.

I'm really excited for TCOOP. I'm playing the first 44 events in which I sold a package privately with a hope at a shot for the leaderboard. As I approach the final couple of days, if I have a chance then I'll sell a package for the final day. I left it out for now because the final day includes some big stuff.

For any of you who are playing a large proportion of the TCOOP and fancy a little prop bet, I'm doing $100 a man here http://blondepoker.com/forum/index.php?topic=63096.0. Currently just me, Bram and Tom Ambler. The last two are enough to put you off I guess.

Best of luck everyone x

<3 ENSUING
stato_1 said, "banoffee pie i reckon"
stato_1 said, "this is delicious"
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2014, 03:10:38 PM »

Day 23

After the 3 days off I jumped into TCOOP and had what I consider a really good day. I had a deep run in the Courchevel H/L. I think I under-estimated my mixed game ability as I rarely play them online but I played well and everyone was so so bad. Can't wait to take a shot at these games in SCOOP. I managed a 35th in the end which is pretty close I guess. I think it was $15k UT or so.

I didn't cash any other TCOOP events but late at night I had really deep runs in the $221R1A, Big $55, Big $11 and $3r 2xt. Varying $5k-20k UT in those but I seemed to fall at the last hurdle in all of them. For once I felt really good after a session even though I didn't win.

Profit/loss: -$10

Hours played: 10

Day 24

Into the second day of TCOOP now and I managed a number of big stacks in the TCOOP but only cashed one of them, the $27r. I was incredibly tilted as the internet has been really bad the last couple of days and I still can't figure out what it is (I just executed an N64 cartridge blow technique on the usb wireless stick and I have a feeling that it's worked).

Didn't play so good in the end but didn't run particularly great either.

Profit/loss: -$746

Hours played: 7

<3 ENSUING
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2014, 01:30:32 PM »

Day 25

I kept the table count reasonably low today because the first tourney was the $215 tcoop zoom event and I wanted to get as many hands as possible to increase my edge. I managed to accrue a gigantic stack early doors (I think about 24k chips after 8 minutes from 5k starting) but didn't cash. The $11r 3x I got about as far as the previous tcoop event, just a few hundred short of the money but the following event was decent. It was the $215 HU event and I have to say I ran good with table draws. Most people got a bye in the first round but that has never happened to me. The first 4 rounds were vs people that like to play the game for recreational purposes and I breezed through those. The 5th round was vs someone who was a lot trickier and I eventually busted the 6th round for $1k vs a break even reg who was winning a lot more at showdown than me.

The day also had my biggest bink of the year to date. I managed a 2nd in the $8r 2x turbo:

Click to see full-size image.

Profit/loss: +$5862

Hours played: 9.5

Pretty huge day today with probably one of the most exciting online tournaments I've seen for a while- $320 Progressive Super knock out.

GL Everybody!

<3 ENSUING
rfgqqabc

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2014, 01:38:49 PM »

Nice score mate. Danger0us seems decent, played a bit with him yday. Progressive SKO going to be a lot of fun but whats with 2 nlhe hypers on the same day?

[21:05:17] Andrew W: you wasted a non spelling mistakepost?
[21:11:08] Patrick Leonard: oll
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2014, 01:48:55 PM »

Nice score mate. Danger0us seems decent, played a bit with him yday. Progressive SKO going to be a lot of fun but whats with 2 nlhe hypers on the same day?

It's funny, I had him as a fish tag but from years ago. After this session I took the tag off and will probably replace it with decent reg.

The 2x is a big joke IMO. I try not to think about it because I know how small an edge you have in them, I'll just try to be luckier than everyone else and play my best.

<3 ENSUING
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2014, 06:44:32 PM »

Hand of the day: http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/7124930_BE01599B2F

<3 ENSUING
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2014, 11:23:23 AM »

Day 26

Day 26 is the 4th Sunday of the month and I made it 4 bad Sundays in a row. They really are like marmite at times and even though I kept my table count low, it was always going to be big with all the TCOOPs and joke hypers.

I managed to cash no hypers and otherwise made 4 bowl cashes. [_] Ideal.

Profit/loss: -$2163

Day 27

Was so deflated from the previous day that I decided to just play the 4 TCOOPs I sold a package privately and wanted to see how well I could do at the leaderboard (so no days off).

I played 4 tournaments over the course of 8 hours but I'll just consider it 4 hours work. Managed zero cashes.

Profit/loss: -$406

Day 28

Had been a couple of days since I'd been out of the house so decided to play 9 holes. The sun was out and was about 7C which is pretty ideal in January. Over 9 holes I managed 2 birdies. I can't seem to make a birdie the normal way, I chipped in on the first and stuck it to about 8ft for eagle and 2 putted for the other.

Today went much better, I cashed 3/4 TCOOP's which is excellent for the leaderboard/bankroll and had some other deep runs including a 4th in the $55 ante-up. In the final TCOOP though, I managed a record amount of 13 rebuys + addon in a 2x turbo. Always frustrating when that happens.

Profit/loss: $1050

<3 ENSUING
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2014, 02:15:18 PM »

Day 29

After a recent tournament review I noticed that although the sample is naturally small because of the ample $55 and below tournaments that are available, for the past year my $100+ tournaments have not been a success. For every $100+ tourney I play, I play 10 $1-55 games. The result of this is my results having a heavy emphasis depending on how the bigger stuff goes.

Here are my graphs since Apr 2013. First $55+ then below $1-55.

There isn't a lot to learn from this other than what I have said, and it's regard to sample size. The games are naturally tougher at higher stakes but they still offer excellent value. Once TCOOP is done I'm not going to neglect the small stakes stuff as it really is an mtt players bread and butter. The elite few can afford to spread their large bankroll over a multitude of sites and fill their screens with $100+ tournaments and I hope to be in that situation in the not too distant future.

I think a lot of non poker players or even anyone that doesn't grind an awful lot of mtt's doesn't appreciate or understands what variance is. A 700 tournament sample size is minuscule and anything can happen. For example if you look at the upward blip at around 620 games that was where I finalled the $215 2nd chance 2/9 with $45k-ish UT. It doesn't matter that I got brutally unlucky at the final as there are so many other factors of luck in every single tournament, and quite frankly, nobody gives a shit.

Anyhow the poker was decent yesterday. I cashed 0/4 TCOOPs this time but I managed a victory which has been quite a while- possibly 3 weeks now. It was the $11r Action hour which is a decent tournament to win as it's pretty deep stacked with large antes and it's one of the tougher fields you'll find at mid stakes in the afternoon.

The final was a bit of a silly line up. You'll often see an easier 100r or super tuesday final than that, so I'm proud to post this one up.

These tags are half mine and half James (hence why I'm tagged as good, I'd never do that!) but it was fun watching all the orange/red tags cluster together at the top as the final 2 tables came to a close.

Profit/loss: +$1345

Hours played: 7.5
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 02:35:58 PM by lucky_scrote » Logged

<3 ENSUING
youthnkzR

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2014, 02:35:01 PM »

WOW what a ridic final 2 tables. VWP to get a win in that mate!
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 04, 2014, 04:44:41 PM »

It's been a while since I updated because I was approaching a complete burn out with TCOOP. Once it was over, I didn't want to be near the computer any more and I didn't want to think about poker (and how much I'd lost in the past few days). Needless to say, I'm going to do a January wrap up.

Day 30 + 31

Even after my recent win in the $10r action hour I wasn't really happy with how things were going, tcoop had been pretty rubbish so far with accumulating a lot of chips then things not going well just before the money. Nothing changed here and I made the money by the skin of my teeth in the PLO 4max. The following day showed the exact same results except I managed to go pretty deep in the $82 FLHE but bust 42nd. Feeling pretty over poker at this point but I have 2 days of TCOOP left to play and since I'd sold a package for it I figured it's not too difficult to give it one last go.

Profit/loss:

-$1049
-$451

Hours played:

January

The month has been so so swingy. I've not really enjoyed it towards the end and am a bit bummed to have made no money even though I worked really hard. I don't think the swingyness should come at too much of a shock considering I played quite a bit of bigger stuff this month and the average field size was huge in most stuff.

Total hours played in January: 189

Profit made: -$719

Average field size: 2922

Days played: 24

Winning days: 7

I think those statistics are pretty depressing. Played loads, lost a bit of money, didn't have many winning days.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 04:54:43 PM by lucky_scrote » Logged

<3 ENSUING
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 06, 2014, 12:26:45 PM »

Day 32 + 33

The first two days of February denotes the end of TCOOP and at this point I was totally over poker. I was still prepared to play my best but equally I wanted it to be over. I had sold a package privately and wanted to complete that but it seems the chance of a leaderboard prize was getting more difficult. I bricked every event on the weekend which meant a fairly heavy loss.

Day 32 profit: -$1242
Day 32 hours: 10

Day 33 profit: -$1443
Day 33 hours: 7

An utterly rubbish start to the shortest month of the year and feeling a little frustrated. I needed some time off to recharge my batteries so:

Day 34 + 35

Boring house chores and lots of eating unhealthy food

Day 36

It didn't take long for me to want to play poker again and since the girlfriend was away working for a couple of days I figured I could crack on with a meaty mid-week session. I kept the ABI down because it's quite important that I start a winning trend soon since it'd been a poor year so far. There were many deep runs and I managed a bink again:

Such an incredible final table, very soft. The regs were all low ABI players with low ROI's and the rest were huge fish! At one point I was pretty hand tied with the CL being a huge fish playing overly aggressive. Probably not the worst strategy for a fish to take but it meant that I had to fold and ladder a lot whilst he kept taking 30%'ers AIPF vs the others and busting them. I'll certainly take a 3rd as not a lot of the tournaments I played had more than $3k UT today but overall I am delighted with this turn around.

Out of make-up so some dollar in my pocket again and I'm going to continue with the mid stakes for a while whilst I build my confidence again.

Day 35 profit: $3889

February running total: +$1204

<3 ENSUING
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 07, 2014, 06:45:09 PM »

Sweat: 1/15 Hot $33 $8k UT.

Choice of music: The doors

<3 ENSUING
Killerkilsby

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 07, 2014, 06:51:30 PM »

Glgl which song?
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2014, 06:52:27 PM »

Oh dear. That has changed things a little. 3bet jammed 7's for 23bb into TT.

7/11.

No idea what song Tongue.

<3 ENSUING
lucky_scrote

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 07, 2014, 06:55:34 PM »

Ahhh, a lovely 9th for $400 after being 1/11.

<3 ENSUING
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: