blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 04:16:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272904 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *****OFFICIAL***** 2015 GOLF BETTING THREAD
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****OFFICIAL***** 2015 GOLF BETTING THREAD  (Read 111384 times)
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2014, 12:36:06 AM »

Normally I love Ernie, but his week he has fooooooked me right off.

Two bets, duffer to win his quarter ew and jordy to win the lot and Ernie has taken Both out the rounds before payday.

Cheers Ernie 

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
rinswun

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2014, 03:44:43 AM »

To be fair to Ernie, both Dufner and Spieth (and Rose and Gallacher) took themselves out. Els +2 for the week. The other 3 left are a min -10 on the week.

Free Golf Tips - www.fairwaywedge.com

@fairwaywedge
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 24, 2014, 12:10:19 AM »

I think its fair to say we are watching a match that will go down in golfing folklore after the Victor the bush just played it out of a cacti and a bush to keep the game going.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 24, 2014, 12:19:05 AM »

I think its fair to say we are watching a match that will go down in golfing folklore after the Victor the bush just played it out of a cacti and a bush to keep the game going.

People are still watching?

I'm sure I would be too if I had a sweat but I find these tourneys become less of a spectacle as the week goes on. The first few days are easily the most interesting as a rule.

I of course hope that you are getting the absolute lot Phil.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2014, 01:34:28 PM »

I've gone for Camillo as first round leader at 100-1 in Florida.  He has shot a few low rounds on the course and epically led after round one last year and missed the cut!
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 26, 2014, 06:50:49 PM »

Strangely for me nothing really appeals yet for the bear trap course.

I've had a smally EW on Lizzy Salas in the LPGA in Malaya, having written off her poor showing last week down to the jet-lag between California and Thailand, and expect some improved form this time. 66/1 could cure many ills.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 27, 2014, 11:30:28 AM »

I weakened and nibbled at Oleson @160 and Uihlein @170 for an interest.

Just one cornetto....

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 27, 2014, 03:07:45 PM »

Never a dull moment with Peter Uihlein who is level par through 4 holes.

He started bogey, double-bogey, eagle, birdie.

It's already a roller-coaster.

doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 27, 2014, 03:21:23 PM »

No super low scores so far so I've added Phil, Rory and Billy Horschel for 1st round leader for pennies ans a bit of interest
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 27, 2014, 10:55:36 PM »

bit of a schoolboy error in not realising that the par was 70 so the early scores were a bit better, but Rory gets me out of trouble....... 
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2014, 01:26:27 PM »

Anyone got any thoughts on Doral?  Seems to be a completely new course.  WGC events in general seem to be won by stars or good players in form - might have a bit on Mahan he seems to be playing ok.

Noh seems to be playing a bit better so had a bit on him at 50-1 first round leader in the side event in Puertorico.
redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2014, 02:27:24 PM »

Anyone got any thoughts on Doral?  Seems to be a completely new course.  WGC events in general seem to be won by stars or good players in form - might have a bit on Mahan he seems to be playing ok.

Noh seems to be playing a bit better so had a bit on him at 50-1 first round leader in the side event in Puertorico.

Heading to this this weekend so would love to hear thoughts.  My understanding is that it is a fair bit longer.  Obviously Tiger has dominated but the other winners here were already long off the tee so perhaps that is going to be essential?  Despite everything I am not sure I will be able to resist the 16-1 about the best player in the world on a course where he has won 7 times in 14 years....revamped course or not.

kpnuts

KP Nuts: All Hat, No Cattle

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 05, 2014, 04:01:34 PM »

Anyone got any thoughts on Doral?  Seems to be a completely new course.  WGC events in general seem to be won by stars or good players in form - might have a bit on Mahan he seems to be playing ok.

Heading to this this weekend so would love to hear thoughts.  My understanding is that it is a fair bit longer.  Obviously Tiger has dominated but the other winners here were already long off the tee so perhaps that is going to be essential?  Despite everything I am not sure I will be able to resist the 16-1 about the best player in the world on a course where he has won 7 times in 14 years....revamped course or not.

Sporting Life preview podcasts good. Unfortunately I missed last week's one where they put up 300/1 Honda winner Russell Henley! Have fun...
http://www.sportinglife.com/golf

@kpnuts134
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 05, 2014, 07:00:47 PM »

Heading to this this weekend so would love to hear thoughts.  My understanding is that it is a fair bit longer.  Obviously Tiger has dominated but the other winners here were already long off the tee so perhaps that is going to be essential?  Despite everything I am not sure I will be able to resist the 16-1 about the best player in the world on a course where he has won 7 times in 14 years....revamped course or not.

It is seriously revamped though Stu. not tinkered with.

They've basically put a new golf course down on the same piece of land having demolished the old one including the greens which were all new last year too, so previous course form really counts for now't.

Having said that Tiger was very impressive here last year although he does seem a shadow of that player thus far in the season, bad back last week too.

I did have a longing look at that 16/1 before passing, probs. bolt up now.

Small dabbles at big prices on Horschel @150, and Oosthuizen @130 so far.

redarmi

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 05, 2014, 07:29:44 PM »

FWIW I did hear Oosty wasn't 100% although he probably wouldn't be that price if he was.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: