blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 10:34:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272911 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  *****OFFICIAL***** 2015 GOLF BETTING THREAD
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 52 Go Down Print
Author Topic: *****OFFICIAL***** 2015 GOLF BETTING THREAD  (Read 111406 times)
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #270 on: May 27, 2014, 11:12:53 AM »

One thing I liked about Dougherty on Sunday Ralph was when Sky try to make everything sound closer or more exciting than it is and Toms needed to birdie the last few holes to make the play off Rob Lee is going ' I fancy he has a chance to make it a three man play off, you can't turn away coz as we've seen before anything can happen in golf etc etc' Just trying to stop people turning over as they were waiting for the play off to start. Dougherty just said ' he's got no chance, he is hitting it short and crooked off the tee, struggling with his irons and will need to putt better than he has on the last few holes, just can't see it I'm afraid'

Lee then spent another 2 mins talking about players that have holed shots from the FW to win events before just for the sake of trying to make it interesting.

Better to just commentate on what's happening IMO than try to make something that was basically waiting 30 mins for the play off to start sound exciting.

If he continues to do that he could be a real find tho it might just be he hasn't quite got the nuances of talking bollox to make everything sound exiting bit yet.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #271 on: May 27, 2014, 11:34:37 AM »

Nick seems to have used an interesting tactic to get the gig though Phil.

Marry the presenter, get her pregnant, then while she's busy at home with the new baby go and do her job for her.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #272 on: May 27, 2014, 11:52:33 AM »

Yes it's not a well worn path to Sky punditry is it. All that extra work on his home game seems to have affected his golf game tho the if I had to choose between Di Stewart and talking about golf or hitting it round a field in approaching 80 most weeks I would be saving my energy and fine tuning my short game at home.

“The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #273 on: May 28, 2014, 11:50:18 AM »

Interested in Blixt in the Nordea and Spieth at Memorial this week.

Cheeky lady godiva ew double too just in case.

"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated. It satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time maddening and rewarding and it is without a doubt the greatest game that mankind has ever invented." - Arnold Palmer aka The King.
BigAdz

View Profile
« Reply #274 on: May 28, 2014, 02:59:37 PM »

Ah memories.

This time last year advised Illonen and Kuchar double that paid over 1000-1.

Have done both for old times sake, but as away this week cant do any study so its all in running bar that. GL

Good evenink. I wish I had a girlfriend.......
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #275 on: May 28, 2014, 06:24:17 PM »

Gone for Justin Rose first round leader, he has shot a few lowish scores on the track and won before.
KitKeeper

View Profile
« Reply #276 on: May 29, 2014, 11:02:58 PM »

US Open is on the horizon.

Angel Cabrera 150/1 with Sportingbet.

This seems overpriced to me and represents a fair e/w shout.

...thoughts?
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #277 on: May 30, 2014, 12:24:41 PM »

Not sure he's the greatest each-way bet as he is very mercurial.  If I was having a go I would try to get 200+ on Betfair and lay off a bit in play if he was in the hunt in the last few holes.
Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #278 on: May 30, 2014, 02:56:41 PM »

Some of us managed to get on him @ 450 and there was plenty of 400 in The Player's Championship just gone.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 01, 2014, 10:42:17 PM »

Hahaha my lady godiva on Kevin the nutcase Na @ 60 might get me away with a profit this weekend after all of the others have imploded.

I know  aftertiming but can prove it if necessary.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 01, 2014, 11:01:26 PM »

good luck Ralph, I can't get onto BF as on hols but anyone(double maybe) know the biggest price Jaidee and Na traded on BF?

cheers

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 01, 2014, 11:06:18 PM »

good luck Ralph, I can't get onto BF as on hols but anyone(double maybe) know the biggest price Jaidee and Na traded on BF?

cheers

Na traded £52 @1000, not sure when though, I bet @60 when he was -11 through 12 holes today.

I had a look at Jaidee and he was around 75 at the start today, obv didn't bother.

Meanwhile Matsuyama has amost stiffed it on the last hole for a playoff.

bobby1

View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 01, 2014, 11:07:38 PM »

cheers

Na traded £52 @1000, not sure when though, I bet @60 when he was -11 through 12 holes today.

I had a look at Jaidee and he was around 75 at the start today, obv didn't bother.

Meanwhile Matsuyama has amost stiffed it on the last hole for a playoff.

Cheers Ralph, got no pics so just watching the PGA site, good luck.

Karabiner

James Webb Telescope

View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 01, 2014, 11:16:58 PM »

Interestingly Matsuyama carved his drive on the 18th and smacked his driver down in disgust afterwards, not particularly violently actually, and the head fell off.

He subsequently made birdie(the fecker) and is now in a playoff with Na, and Bubba too, if he can also birdie 18, but I'm not sure if he can bring in a new driver into play.

Playoff now and I missed laying Na @1.13.

Go Nananana.

horseplayer

View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 02, 2014, 12:41:09 PM »

Always wait
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 ... 52 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: