blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
March 28, 2024, 09:25:18 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272476 Posts in 66752 Topics by 16944 Members
Latest Member: Blader
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Diaries and Blogs
| | |-+  Tea Time Tales: A Fish and his chips
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Tea Time Tales: A Fish and his chips  (Read 80957 times)
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: November 23, 2015, 11:41:31 PM »

working as a cricket coach did you say, in PE departments?

Sort of, mainly working with a the cricket pro at Eastbourne, group sessions and 1/1s and then for his companies academy set up when not at the college.

Hopefully you will improve the town team, seeing as they get a lot of the team from the College. Team been getting worse for years mind..lol

yeah think i coach with the current 1st team captain, nice guy. know a few of the lads do play there, seems like they have a young side, but in a couple of years then they will start improving. nothing bad with blooding them in and looking long term for the sake of a year etc.
do you live down there then? am down there alot, always a nice drive along the sea front on a nice morning!

ignore verndog he's a fool

'he had a deep run in EPT Barnsley'
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 04, 2015, 05:24:57 PM »

Think I shall be heading off to Aspers tomorrow then and grinding some cash, cant wait. feels like its been ages since ive played.  Will be heading up hopefully with my mate Patch, (loveAdraw) on here i think.
Schools break up in a week or so for the holidays so am going to have 3/4 weeks off, will be away for week at Xmas with the family. Really looking forward to playing poker, seeing the girlfriend and playing some golf hopefully if the weather holds up!!

Saw 'Lady in the Van' last week, and really enjoyed it. Maggie Smith plays a great part and Im sure she ill be BAFTA nominated at least.
Then last night, 'Bridge of Spies'. Great movie, especially when you consider it a true story. Tom Hanks, is a superb actor and with Spielburg, you know youre going to be in for a great film. Definitely worth a watch.

Coaching tonight in Sevenoaks then a 6am start to get down to Eastbourne. taxing, but worth it, really enjoying it at the moment.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 05, 2015, 08:30:33 PM »

So hmmmm first bullet didn't go according to plan. Sat in a fairly good looking 1/2 game with £250, meandered around start for a while then 5 bet jammed KK from the BB after button opened after one limp. Called off fairly quick with AK an got the ace on the flop. Pretty standard hand and grim way to run out but whatever, I defo won't be turning this into a moan blog!
Nearly reloaded but fancied somethig different. £60 comp starting with 60k starting stack at 100/200 with a 30min clock. Fairly ridiculous and could turn into a shove fest, but fancied giving it a spin.

Good to see Chelsea losing! And Mahrez scoring 3 for the dream team today! Certainly cheered me up!

Might see Black Mass tomorrow at the cinema before the Liverpool game. Anyone seen it??

Marky147

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 05, 2015, 10:15:00 PM »

Yeah, watched it last week.

Pretty decent, but no Donnie Brasco, imo.

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 06, 2015, 01:40:52 PM »

Yeah, watched it last week.

Pretty decent, but no Donnie Brasco, imo.

yeah trailers looked good, but couple of the reviews werent so hot. am skipping it today, but will give it a spin at some point for sure.

decided to grind today, prtty excited for it, always love playing online. seems strange how you are always like a kid in a sweetshop an hour before starting, despite the fact you often do your brains on sunday!!

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 13, 2015, 12:57:52 PM »

Haven't got to see black mass yet, been mega busy with work and generally sorting stuff out for Xmas. Broke up for the holidays with the schools I'm coaching at, and running a winter coaching course Monday- Wednesday next week. Result this, really enjoy it and pay is good.

So over the time off will be looking to grind when I can. Have sold some action for a number of grinds, with the first being yesterday. Cashed a couple of the 5 cubed comps, but looked like it was going to be a losing start. Ended up a winning day as we found 10th in the big 55 for $650 and change. Always a little disappointed when there's 13k up top, but decent win for the day, so onto the next.

As a family for Xmas we go up yo Grantham, my parents own a time share lodge for Xmas week at Belton Woods hotel. Couple of golf courses and swimming pool/ sauna/ bars etc mean for a great chilled out week. Also being 50mins across to DTD means will be getting over for the £150 deepstack and hopefully the £500 too. Not played there for 6 months or so, bee too long! Be good to see some heroes and have a few beers and hopefully win something!

Have booked surprise tickets to go to the west end and see Wicked for the girlfriends birthday. Saw it a few years ago at school, and she hasn't seen it. Will be great, an amazing show, and always love going up to see a show and get some food. Pretty sure she wants to go to Winter wonderland, so will be heading off there too. Although I refuse to go ice skating!
Anyone been there this winter? Anything to do? The show is at the Apollo in Victoria, will look to get some food too, good restaurants?

Over and out

h

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 13, 2015, 09:29:02 PM »

Haven't got to see black mass yet, been mega busy with work and generally sorting stuff out for Xmas. Broke up for the holidays with the schools I'm coaching at, and running a winter coaching course Monday- Wednesday next week. Result this, really enjoy it and pay is good.

So over the time off will be looking to grind when I can. Have sold some action for a number of grinds, with the first being yesterday. Cashed a couple of the 5 cubed comps, but looked like it was going to be a losing start. Ended up a winning day as we found 10th in the big 55 for $650 and change. Always a little disappointed when there's 13k up top, but decent win for the day, so onto the next.

As a family for Xmas we go up yo Grantham, my parents own a time share lodge for Xmas week at Belton Woods hotel. Couple of golf courses and swimming pool/ sauna/ bars etc mean for a great chilled out week. Also being 50mins across to DTD means will be getting over for the £150 deepstack and hopefully the £500 too. Not played there for 6 months or so, bee too long! Be good to see some heroes and have a few beers and hopefully win something!

Have booked surprise tickets to go to the west end and see Wicked for the girlfriends birthday. Saw it a few years ago at school, and she hasn't seen it. Will be great, an amazing show, and always love going up to see a show and get some food. Pretty sure she wants to go to Winter wonderland, so will be heading off there too. Although I refuse to go ice skating!
Anyone been there this winter? Anything to do? The show is at the Apollo in Victoria, will look to get some food too, good restaurants?

Over and out
Went to winter wonderland last week

Ice bar is good ice sculptures worth a look and a beer or 3 in German village is a must
I had never been before and did not realise all bars shut at 10

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 17, 2015, 05:37:13 PM »

Over and out
Went to winter wonderland last week

Ice bar is good ice sculptures worth a look and a beer or 3 in German village is a must
I had never been before and did not realise all bars shut at 10

awesome, thanks, am heading up tuesday, so will definitely check them out. ive heard its very expensive!!

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 17, 2015, 05:45:35 PM »

Played online, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday nights. Won a little bit overall, but was largely a frustrating time. Played well, just so many nearlys. 46th 109 bounty, 16th 11 rebuy, 10th b55, 27th 13.50ko, 39th 8 rebuy and a couple others. Fairly standard, but still disappointing to get so close in a few comps with decent money up top. Must be doing something right, and results will come.

Shame my horse in the Apprentice sweepstake went, although i thought she was an idiot, would have been nice to win some cheddar!

Curry with the lads from the cricket club, which will be good, and a good chance to get the xmas jumper out again!

HAve a good weekend people

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 18, 2015, 02:51:24 PM »

Back on it again tonight, lets get the lot!!

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 04, 2016, 02:33:51 PM »

Happy New Year to all blondes and reader(s) Wink of the blog. Had a relaxing week away in Grantham with the parents and brother and then a fun night out with some mates for New Years.

Bust first bullet in the 150 xmas deepstack, but bought in for 2 day and managed to come 5th for £3500. Played pretty good, ran well too. Lost a 4m chip pot with 15 left with a set of v aces on K 9 4 dd, got it in and he hit running diamonds, to leave me with 5bbs. Managed to double then chip up nicely, but got nothing going on the FT. Jammed 12bbs from the sb and BB called off with K7o, which i thought was a little light, and we didnt hold, so was a little disappointed. Will win one of these soon!

Faded the 500, couldnt be arsed to stay up there for 3 days and kill time!

Back to coaching tonight, which am looking forward to. Back into the full swing of it tomorrow, need to touch up on the hockey skills too!

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 24, 2016, 02:23:16 PM »

Hows it blonde!?

Been a while. Not too much has been happening, the usual working and playing poker when I can really. Enjoying the Hockey at the moment, and am trying hard to learn the rules as I go, but there are a fair few rules!!

Poker front has been going well, grinded for the first time in a couple of months last week in half term and had a 5th in the 8r, 2nd in the big 109 for $9500 as well as a good winning sunday.
Have changed a few plans and will be heading up to Nottingham on saturday for the UKPC. Great comp last year, and hoping to go one better and win it this time around!

Took the lady away for a few days to Dartmoor at the start of the half term week, to The Mill End Hotel near Chagford for a couple of nights...

Click to see full-size image.

with a cream tea on arrival...!

Lovely setting, and great restaurant. Booked this off travelzoo at xmas, and have to say really impressed. Really are some great deals and will be using the site again!

Unfortuntely the weather on the second day meant we couldnt quite get out to have a good walk, but I was dragged along to Paignton Zoo, which was great, despite being a little soggy!

Always nice to bump into Vinny too!!

Cheesy

Shall leave you with this, proof that ice cream can be enjoyed on a wet cold day!!

Over and out, see some of you saturday! be good to catch up with some people

celtic
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 26, 2016, 12:46:20 PM »

Thank you for the kind comparison there vern. I don't recall you being so brave whilst up in scotchland last year.

Hope you bubble at DTD this week xxx

Keefy is back Smiley But for how long?
verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: February 26, 2016, 12:58:55 PM »

Thank you for the kind comparison there vern. I don't recall you being so brave whilst up in scotchland last year.

haha im sure I would have been this brave, then again, always nerve racking travelling to a foreign country with only Eso as protection!!
thats not very nice Cry im sure you dont mean that, I mean there has to be an iron bru in it for you if i cash!!

verndog158

omgpoker

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: March 11, 2016, 05:27:59 PM »

Well just to cheer Vinny up, we didnt bubble, made it to the last level of day 1 before busting. Grinded all day after having AA into KK and 98hh in level 3, which was nice. Then on, had no real cards or spots and a couple of sick hands before eventually busting jamming 99 with 10bigs and running into 10s. So pretty standard.

The had a pretty ridiculous hand on a spazzy 2/2/4 PLO game, where i think I made the right call, 8 straddle is on i think i open  three clubs utg to 20, and all hell breaks loose. 4 way all in by the time it gets tome, i cover all, but its £500 to call off, with about 1.5k in the middle give or take. I called it off. Think its fine in 6 card omaha, what do people think?

Had a couple of online sessions since, and havent gone particularly well, played wednesday and lots with aces a lot, happens yeah, but still doesnt feel great when you brick an entire day.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: