blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2024, 03:11:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272537 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  The Lounge
| | |-+  RSQ - Let's have some fun...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Go Down Print
Author Topic: RSQ - Let's have some fun...  (Read 7881 times)
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2014, 08:27:57 PM »

Objection. The question said "Name a country that uses the dollar". "The" implies that it is referring to the principal item, not just any item. The US Dollar is the recognised prime Dollar for the world. The only correct answers are those where US Dollars are used, not Australian Dollars, etc. If the question had been "Name a country that uses dollars", any old dollar would have been correct, but it didn't.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2014, 08:28:21 PM »

Hmm. Or had he? Must be close...

Blue text
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2014, 08:28:39 PM »

Objection to Laudrup. At the time of setting the questions he had not been sacked.

Yes he was. It was his sacking that gave me the idea for the question!
dwh103

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2014, 08:29:37 PM »

The aim's to get the most points, yes?
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2014, 08:29:51 PM »

Objection to Laudrup. At the time of setting the questions he had not been sacked.

Yes he was. It was his sacking that gave me the idea for the question!

Same day! As you were...

Blue text
millidonk

I'm supposed to wear a shell.. I don't - SLUG LIFE

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2014, 08:30:00 PM »

God help the quiz takers of blonde should I bink this!

KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2014, 08:30:14 PM »

Objection. The question said "Name a country that uses the dollar". "The" implies that it is referring to the principal item, not just any item. The US Dollar is the recognised prime Dollar for the world. The only correct answers are those where US Dollars are used, not Australian Dollars, etc. If the question had been "Name a country that uses dollars", any old dollar would have been correct, but it didn't.

You're overthinking it, John. The Australian's use the dollar. The Canadians use the dollar. They just don't use the US dollar. If I wanted countries that use the US dollar, I'd have specified US dollar.
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2014, 08:30:26 PM »

The aim's to get the most points, yes?

Least points Wink
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2014, 08:32:23 PM »

Q4: Name a city in the United States of America that British Airways fly direct to.

Incorrect - Cincinnati - 8
dwh103

Houston - 3
TightEnd
Ant040689
millidonk

Boston - 2
jbworldwide
Redsgirl

Chicago - 2
Tal
swinebag22

Miami - 2
Cf
HutchGF

ACE - Denver - 1
david3103

ACE - Los Angeles - 1
stribling

ACE - New York - 1
MintTrav

ACE - Seattle - 1
Longines

Pass - 0
George2Loose
Kinboshi
MintTrav

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2014, 08:32:55 PM »

You're overthinking it, John. The Australian's use the dollar. The Canadians use the dollar. They just don't use the US dollar. If I wanted countries that use the US dollar, I'd have specified US dollar.

They use a dollar, not the dollar. It's about what you said, not what you wanted to say.
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2014, 08:35:42 PM »

They use a dollar, not the dollar. It's about what you said, not what you wanted to say.

Name a country that uses the US dollar would be a pretty poor RSQ question though..

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2014, 08:36:25 PM »

If you ask an Australian what currency they use - the answer will be "the dollar, mate".

Same question/answer for the Canadian.

I understand your argument, but for the quiz it has to be any item, as I didnt specify in which country my question would be asked. If I was in Canada, the principal item would be the Canadian Dollar. In the UK, if I were to ask our friend Craig about dollars, as a Canadian national he would more than likely think I am referring to the Canadian Dollar.

Objection denied, sadly.
Cf
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2014, 08:38:24 PM »

I enjoy being pedantic but I think a certain amount of "common sense" is needed for questions as otherwise they'd all be a paragraph!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 08:40:16 PM by Cf » Logged

Blue text
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2014, 08:40:40 PM »

Scores on the doors after Q4:

dwh103   17
Redsgirl   13
jbworldwide   11
Ant040689   9
swinebag22   9
TightEnd   8
Tal   8
stribling   7
Cf   6
Kinboshi   6
Longines   5
George2Loose   5
HutchGF   5
david3103   5
millidonk   5
MintTrav   2

Currently the Damon Hill lookalike has swept into the lead a third of the way through but he has already used his two free passes, can anyone overtake him?
KarmaDope

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2014, 08:42:44 PM »

Q5: Name one of the political parties in the UK that have a current, sitting MP.

Incorrect - UKIP - 8
millidonk

Labour - 3
Redsgirl
George2Loose
swinebag22

ACE - Alliance - 1
MintTrav

ACE - DUP - 1
dwh103

ACE - Green Party - 1
Ant040689