blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 06, 2024, 10:05:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272909 Posts in 66759 Topics by 16723 Members
Latest Member: callpri
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Super League 2014
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Super League 2014  (Read 20808 times)
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2014, 11:31:41 PM »

Week 2 and already the bookies have gone OTT on the odds for the games.  Some decent priced long shots that we love.

Wakefield (1/3) Draw (25) Bradford (38/11) Wakey played well against a new Salford team last week but I really don't think any Wakey team is ever a 1/3 shot. Bradford held Cas for an hour and just run out of steam, they did better then I expected.

Leeds (4/9) Draw (22)  Warrington (12/5) Warr didn't play too bad just Saints were solid and I think the bookies have overacted to it by pushing their odds out to a decent line. Leeds did well away at Hull KR but I really think Hull KR we poor.

St Helens (1/5) Draw (33) Hull (11/2) As we saw Saints did well over Warr to put a marker down for the season early on. Hull nearly lost it at home to a leaky Cat.

London Broncos (10) Draw (35) Salford (1/16) Woeful London tonked at Widnes but Salford only squeezed past Wakey and got 2-3 injuries from it including rangi.

Huddersfield (1/7)Draw (29)Hull K R (6) Hudds solid and Hull KR dire. So form book suggests easy Hudds win.

Castleford (8/15)Draw (21)Catalans Dragons (6/4) Cas made hard work of Bradford until the end and Cat threw away a draw with a missed kick. Think this will very really close.

Always worth a small punt on the outsiders at silly odds, London might find a disjointed and injured Salford squad! but 10/1 looks about right.  But my £5 bet would be on the sky friday game where I believe Smith will have Warrington fired up so scalp his old club. 5/2 seems like we will get a good run for our money. 10p Yankee on others.
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2014, 10:17:43 PM »

Nice to see Bradford produce the result they nearly did vs Cas last week. Wakey as I said are never/should never be odds on for any game in SL, bar vs London.

not bad start to this weeks games 38//11.
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2014, 10:59:49 PM »

Went to the game, abysmal. I include the referee/video refs in that description
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2014, 04:21:20 AM »

Leeds were very good, especially in defence, whereas Warrington were very one dimensional in attack. Thought the scoreline flattered Warrington really, and the game should have been long put to bed before Westwood scored.

Thought Hardaker was exceptional, and deserved MOTM for me. Briscoe's try was very good as well. Leeds should be a force this season, but they'll need the old guard to be fit come the end of the season. Word is that Sinfield suffered a break. Apparently not a really bad one, and at this stage of the season it's far from the end of the world.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 04:24:34 AM by kinboshi » Logged

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2014, 08:15:12 AM »

Ahh thanks Kin, missed the game and so only seen the trys on sky sports news. They say he out for a few weeks only which is good news. Thought it would be close, good win given Warrington needed to prove something after last week.

Ok time for Wigan now Wink
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2014, 09:15:45 AM »

Wigan massive underdogs, and probably quite rightly. Lots of new players and not sure the team is ready for this.

Big plus that Lockers is playing. Just hope he can play the full 80.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2014, 10:05:19 AM »

Just the one shock/outsider and a draw for Hudds who threw it away Smiley

3/4 on bets so far.

Tonight should be a good test for Salford who rested key players last week away to London. Surly the Saints will win this? But at 1/3 on?! away?

Worth a stabb at 3/1 Salford.

Catalans Dragons (29/10) Draw (25) Leeds (1/3) Cata have been away the first two games of the season and their home form historically has been on a different level to that, Biased home refs and crowd means 3/1 in them is a good bet me thinks.

Hull K R (8/13) Draw (22) Castleford (8/5)
Snatching a draw last week at Hudds, Hull seem to have become odds on against a Cas who seem solid so again 8/5 i like.

Widnes (13/4) Draw (28) Huddersfield (5/19) Beating London by a country mile means nothing but 3/1 at home against an inconsistant Hudds.

Bradford (1/20) Draw (35) London Broncos (10) 1/20 for a team just out of admin and losing the will to live. Granted London are so bad its untrue but they scored a fair few points last week and you never know.

Warrington (1/3) Draw (22) Hull (9/4) Warr were 2nd best again Leeds but showed they have the quality to get top 6. No value in 1/3 on.

Wigan (2/13) Draw (28) Wakefield (24/5) Wigan tired from trip down under? Wakey capitalise on this?nearly 5/1 on them I dont mind.

Some good games this round, I like Catalan to beat Leeds and a super yankee on rest...
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2014, 07:49:42 PM »

Salford got to be a good bet at 3/1 definitely.

I'm all for betting against a weakened Wigan side, but still can't see a Wakey win on Sunday.  The players might be a bit jet-lagged, but still should have more than enough for Wakefield.  But what the hell do I know?

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2014, 10:03:15 AM »

wow just seen the score, I guess Saints mean business.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2014, 08:48:58 PM »

wow just seen the score, I guess Saints mean business.

There was only one side in it.  Saints were very good, and Salford were very disorganised - the combination meant Saints scoring lots of points. Definitely the in-form team at the moment.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2014, 02:19:13 PM »

Salford got to be a good bet at 3/1 definitely.

I'm all for betting against a weakened Wigan side, but still can't see a Wakey win on Sunday.  The players might be a bit jet-lagged, but still should have more than enough for Wakefield.  But what the hell do I know?

Wane has rested half-a-dozen of the players who played in the WCC, so could be interesting.

kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2014, 03:43:21 PM »

Wigan battering Wakefield now.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2014, 12:03:03 PM »

Just the one shock/outsider and a draw for Hudds who threw it away Smiley

3/4 on bets so far.

Tonight should be a good test for Salford who rested key players last week away to London. Surly the Saints will win this? But at 1/3 on?! away?

Worth a stabb at 3/1 Salford.

Catalans Dragons (29/10) Draw (25) Leeds (1/3) Cata have been away the first two games of the season and their home form historically has been on a different level to that, Biased home refs and crowd means 3/1 in them is a good bet me thinks.

Hull K R (8/13) Draw (22) Castleford (8/5)
Snatching a draw last week at Hudds, Hull seem to have become odds on against a Cas who seem solid so again 8/5 i like.

Widnes (13/4) Draw (28) Huddersfield (5/19) Beating London by a country mile means nothing but 3/1 at home against an inconsistant Hudds.

Bradford (1/20) Draw (35) London Broncos (10) 1/20 for a team just out of admin and losing the will to live. Granted London are so bad its untrue but they scored a fair few points last week and you never know.

Warrington (1/3) Draw (22) Hull (9/4) Warr were 2nd best again Leeds but showed they have the quality to get top 6. No value in 1/3 on.

Wigan (2/13) Draw (28) Wakefield (24/5) Wigan tired from trip down under? Wakey capitalise on this?nearly 5/1 on them I dont mind.

Some good games this round, I like Catalan to beat Leeds and a super yankee on rest...

Only two upsets this week. 8/5 & 13/4. Widness came from behind to beat a dodgy Hudds and Cas won away. Hull nearly pulled it off and London ran Bradford close.

Easy wins for Leeds, Wigan and Saints. Saints and Leeds now 5/2 3/1 for the Grandfinal.
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2014, 01:28:42 PM »

For those interested in NRL, Premier Sports has all 8 games on live this weekend but 3 of them are on "freeview" to non-subscribers, including Tomkins playing for the NZ Warriors. Channel 428 on SKY. Worth putting on your SKY planner imo
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2014, 11:02:40 AM »

For those interested in NRL, Premier Sports has all 8 games on live this weekend but 3 of them are on "freeview" to non-subscribers, including Tomkins playing for the NZ Warriors. Channel 428 on SKY. Worth putting on your SKY planner imo

will defo record and watch some games.

Hudds 2/1 vs Leeds tonight 4/7. I expect lots of points!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: