blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 28, 2024, 10:52:46 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272618 Posts in 66755 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Community Forums
| |-+  Betting Tips and Sport Discussion
| | |-+  Super League 2014
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Super League 2014  (Read 20284 times)
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 10, 2014, 11:38:34 AM »

If this continues I can't see the Catalans coach lasting another month
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 13, 2014, 10:32:18 AM »

Think there is another NRL freeview on 428 this weekend. Will try and find out when
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2014, 01:13:37 PM »

Think there is another NRL freeview on 428 this weekend. Will try and find out when

6pm this Friday NQL v Brisbane
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2014, 07:36:51 PM »

Huge sigh, missed all games this weekend due to disney on ice, kids, sun and parties to attend. Hopefully watch the SL show tonight on BBC.

A few things to note, Cas are looking very good and on the reverse the Frenchies look horrible, will they go down with London?

Cas weren't good, Wigan were very bad - and still nearly won.

Cas are similar to Hull last season for me.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2014, 09:07:39 PM »

Wigan continuing in defence where they left off last week. Woeful.

'The meme for blind faith secures its own perpetuation by the simple unconscious expedient of discouraging rational inquiry.'
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2014, 09:54:47 PM »

Fortunately, Hull KR aren't very good either.

Also, Hull KR were blown up for a forward pass that looked perfectly fine to me that would have given them a 12-point lead at the start of the second half. Not sure Wigan would have come back from that the way they were playing.

Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2014, 10:33:25 AM »

Some good games over the weekend, really glad we have the SL show on BBC. Londons defence vs Wakey lol...it was like Tag rugby.

Its time London went away I am afraid, 1000 crowds at home is totally unacceptable.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2014, 10:35:05 AM by Acidmouse » Logged
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2014, 10:36:52 AM »

Its time London went away I am afraid, 1000 crowds at home is totally unacceptable.

it might be, but once again you'd be condeming RL in England to a regional game with little hope of expansion. At a time when RU is well funded, rising TV deals and increasing crowds, and RL is struggling to keep players, maintain its TV deal and appeal to the casual fan that has to be a blinkered view

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
Acidmouse

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2014, 11:04:09 AM »

it might be, but once again you'd be condeming RL in England to a regional game with little hope of expansion. At a time when RU is well funded, rising TV deals and increasing crowds, and RL is struggling to keep players, maintain its TV deal and appeal to the casual fan that has to be a blinkered view

Wish I could articulate what I felt, but in short I agree with you. It's just very frustrating seeing teams struggle for years and be propped up, at least this year the worst teams will get relegated and give hope for everyone outside the SL for the first time in 20+ years.
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2014, 12:00:11 PM »

At the top level at least RL will still be viewed as a regional game, even with the London presence in SL. It's really unfortunate that just as the development work there is coming into fruition and good players are coming through, the running of the club has been left in a terrible state, culminating with what happened in the off season and many of their products actually moving north.

Based on current playing form London have no chance and would be a real issue if Catalans carry on like they are as well.

I'm just relieved Wakey have picked up a couple of wins after 2 dire performances previously.
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2014, 12:05:40 PM »

Also SL recently signed a new TV deal with Sky.

I want RL to succeed and be popular in London and other areas but that expansion has to be organic. Even if they are relegated it is not necessarily the final nail but agree it would be bad for the game as a whole.

I know you are a union man Tighty but do you have any interest in RL at all, would you go watch a game if you had the opportunity, for example?
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2014, 12:07:31 PM »

I used to watch Fulham in the early 80s, so yes.

I just think RL is run so badly (insular), does itself no favours

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2014, 12:18:03 PM »

I agree it's badly run but not that it is insular, not in the UK anyway, it's many of the fans that have insular attitudes. I would include my Dad in that category btw. The problem with the people running the game is that generally they are out of their depth and unfortunately the current state of the game is down to poor management in the last 20-30 years rather than just now.

The insular running of the game perhaps comes from Oz where it is a popular sport, with a particular disdain for anything SL related where they just do what they want without regard to the international game, or SL. I think they are just beginning to realise this (hopefully) with more English players in their game. In the end the NRL administration could be the white knight for SL and RL in general but the game as a whole needs the NRL and SL to work together.
kinboshi
ROMANES EUNT DOMUS
Administrator

We go again.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2014, 02:06:34 PM »

Rugby League in this country is run by half wits.

BulldozerD

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2014, 04:12:48 PM »

5 all SL ties in challenge cup draw and 3 other SL teams have tough away games
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 ... 12 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: