blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 29, 2024, 11:23:34 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272619 Posts in 66756 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  The Rail
| | |-+  DTD Grand Prix XI: £150,000 gtd 14th-21st April
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 ... 32 Go Down Print
Author Topic: DTD Grand Prix XI: £150,000 gtd 14th-21st April  (Read 68686 times)
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: March 17, 2014, 11:36:45 AM »

Not 3 yet Richard! 4 seats still available!!

You passed the test. Anyone would think you were trying to win one.

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 17, 2014, 11:53:36 AM »

The race seems to be between 7 players with only 4 spots left. Hope I get some run good this week else it's game over. £25 per sat ain't cheap

When you get to where you wana go
and you know the things you wana know
your smiling Smiley
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 17, 2014, 11:54:50 AM »

its tight at the top now !

martynf88   8
yeahman1234   7
Vinodh1980   7
ruud101   7
MuckFast3r   7

I'm 6/4 to be bubble boy Hugh haha

your smiling Smiley
david3103

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 17, 2014, 01:22:53 PM »

The race seems to be between 7 players with only 4 spots left. Hope I get some run good this week else it's game over. £25 per sat ain't cheap

At c£25 per sat there is very little value in the Golden Chip unless you can also add the promotion prize to it. Good luck Ross and Vinodh.

I am a long term supporter of the Grands Prix but have to say that this promotion hasn't suited me. I don't have the time to play 2 or 3 satellites a night on multiple nights, let alone the cash, and the 'Race to Ten' seems designed to appeal to a player pool that isn't the original target market for these events.
All the stuff with multiple entries seems to me be driven solely by a desire to maximise the traffic in satellites without any of the money that is driven into them being removed from the target tournament. Allowing multiple entries to players regardless of their results in the early Day1s is obviously good for DTD (as opposed to paying out unused satellite wins in cash as used to be the case) but it skews the play in the later Day1s, especially since most people won't be aware of who is playing with the safety net of already having made Day2. It's preferable to the merge stacks option, but not by much.

It's more about the winning than the winnings

5 November 2012 - Kinboshi says "Best post ever on blonde thumbs up"
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 17, 2014, 03:19:15 PM »

At c£25 per sat there is very little value in the Golden Chip unless you can also add the promotion prize to it. Good luck Ross and Vinodh.

I am a long term supporter of the Grands Prix but have to say that this promotion hasn't suited me. I don't have the time to play 2 or 3 satellites a night on multiple nights, let alone the cash, and the 'Race to Ten' seems designed to appeal to a player pool that isn't the original target market for these events.
All the stuff with multiple entries seems to me be driven solely by a desire to maximise the traffic in satellites without any of the money that is driven into them being removed from the target tournament. Allowing multiple entries to players regardless of their results in the early Day1s is obviously good for DTD (as opposed to paying out unused satellite wins in cash as used to be the case) but it skews the play in the later Day1s, especially since most people won't be aware of who is playing with the safety net of already having made Day2. It's preferable to the merge stacks option, but not by much.

Thks David,
Spoke to vin last night and if We want to stay in with a chance we have to play every one, I wish I hadn't of started. Be nice to get te seat then I'll post up games played and cost. Thing it'll scare the life out of me. I want to support Dtd because it's a epic place to learn and play poker but ur right with some points. I've been called Uzi Patman by Somerville so I can't say I don't enjoy it. However it has changed and seems to each time

your smiling Smiley
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 17, 2014, 04:01:59 PM »

As you say its horses for courses...i am with you that i didn't see any value in accruing vast amounts of chips just to get a seat in another tourny unless they were easy to get...which they are not.
My total spend was just under £100 with the 55p sats and using up my points to get the four chips and i was well happy with that.
These guys are so close it's a case of 'no turning back'...i think the total spend will be a shock to them.

God knows what yeahman will do if he misses out or gets the 10 tokens and doesn't make day 2  (only kidding Ross)
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 17, 2014, 04:36:02 PM »

Haha gordan, I'm preparing myself for the worst situations possible. Still in a good spot just as you say , too far now to stop Wink
This week will tell Smiley

your smiling Smiley
TightEnd
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 17, 2014, 04:45:50 PM »

Haha gordan, I'm preparing myself for the worst situations possible. Still in a good spot just as you say , too far now to stop Wink

good luck, and to martyn, ganesh and ruud.

we could have a blonde full house if three of you make it.....

My eyes are open wide
By the way,I made it through the day
I watch the world outside
By the way, I'm leaving out today
smurf

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 17, 2014, 05:15:30 PM »

I think you should all get T-shirts made to wear on the day...something like "been through hell to get here...golden chip gang"

YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 17, 2014, 05:36:10 PM »

good luck, and to martyn, ganesh and ruud.

we could have a blonde full house if three of you make it.....

Thks rich Smiley

your smiling Smiley
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 17, 2014, 05:36:48 PM »

Race to 10 Tshirts Smiley like it

your smiling Smiley
GlennDuskTillDawn

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 17, 2014, 05:40:55 PM »

'I WON THE RACE' and UKIPT logo on the front

YEAHMAN

on the back.

Just need to win it now. Wink GL

*Formerly freshprinceofbetair

I work in the pokers. This does not make me good at pokers.
YEAHMAN123

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 17, 2014, 06:45:47 PM »

'I WON THE RACE' and UKIPT logo on the front

YEAHMAN

on the back.

Just need to win it now. Wink GL

Haha thks Glenn Smiley

your smiling Smiley