blonde poker forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2024, 11:02:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
2272540 Posts in 66754 Topics by 16946 Members
Latest Member: KobeTaylor
* Home Help Arcade Search Calendar Guidelines Login Register
+  blonde poker forum
|-+  Poker Forums
| |-+  Poker Hand Analysis
| | |-+  Two of them PLO things.
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Two of them PLO things.  (Read 1417 times)
Rexas

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2014, 01:11:17 PM »

This is the first

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/7418730_9C5D94BCEA

Feel like the raise pre is standard, not sure whether 3 betting the flop is good/bad? Just call and play IP down the streets maybe better?

http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-hands/Boom/7418671_CF13D3F572

This one was really awkward, I don't always 3bet pre here, villain is playing like four tables and has played 39/25/5 over 124 hands at this point. Feels a bit dirty folding top and bottom here given the SPR, but I'm not sure what I can beat or how I'm hoping to improve...

The more I think about it, the more I prefer flatting pre here, with a hand with reasonable nut potential that doesn't flop badly in multi way pots, especially IP.

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 01:41:44 PM by Rexas » Logged

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
doubleup

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2014, 02:09:14 PM »

Hand 1 just one of those things - hope you made a note on the SB - he's begging to get his dosh in with no outs.

Hand2: I've been thinking that this type of hand is always a flat on the button vs ep/co opens as it's difficult to get in trouble post and occasionally you can get it in very good and also bluff flops that look like perfect for this range when the OR gives up. 

If I called the 4 bet with this type of hand, I would have to call the allin if I hit anything, obv the flop is rancid, but I have seen plenty 4 betting with all varieties of double suited stuff.
BALOTELLI9O

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2014, 12:21:14 AM »

First hand you call to flop something big. You flopped pretty damn big, and you cant really be dominated by much so a very easy stack off.

Hand 2 is a terrible 3bet. It plays well in position and it really sucks if you get 4bet, especially since you have an ace. I would flat the btn for sure as a 3bet is effectively a 3bet bluff, he's never calling with worse or folding better.
SuuPRlim

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2014, 01:30:06 AM »

For some reason the first hand freezes after the bb calls the $1.60 but I assume you've potted and they have both been all in, which is a very reasonable thing to do in your shoes, folding obviously not an option.

You could consider just calling the 1.60, in my experience people very rarely c/r - fold flops of this texture vs the pre flop raiser so actually think you have near on 0 fold equity and with 2 opponents I think it's very likely your hearts are dominated, so basically just calling the check raise would purely be to fold on 8/A and prolly heart turns is bet into, idk how you can get away on a 5 although we maybe should. Obv stacking off on any brick happily.

Kinda playing devils advocate really I think this is all a bit fancy, you have a monster, 100bb's and a chance to be allin, sometimes it's just an easy game!

How did the hand end up did we wiin?

The second hand I have to agree with balotelli, the 3bet is pretty ropey cos you have one of the best hands to call with, speshly on the BTN and it plays v well multi-way, also the kinds of hands he opens, and calls your 3bet with include plenty of hands that dominate you, putting more money than nessercary in the pot with a hand that's slightly worse than your opponents range is never a good idea.

I know a lot of ppl disagree but calling the 4bet pretty big mistake IMO. Tbh with bd flush and straight draws should prolly just take your medicine postflop now you're here...

Rexas

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 02:03:20 AM »

To Dave, we got it in vs  three clubs from the small blind and   from the big, and we lost on a   two hearts run outs. Yes doubleup, I did make a note!

I want to make a quick comment about hand 2 though. One of the ways I like to learn is by experimentation, so on this particular session I took a few tables and decided that every hand I wanted to play when I was likely to be in position postflop, I was going to 3bet. Obviously this is not optimal, and through doing a bunch of reading and 3betting the crap outta everyone I think I'm starting to get a feel for the good situations to 3bet, and the good hands to do so with. I posted this hand because as soon as I called the 4bet I thought I'd played pretty badly, but wanted everyone's opinions on whether the hand is too good to 3bet/plays too badly against a 4bet to take this sort of line. I understand a little better now how the A is essentially a dead card vs a 4bet, making my hand a lot less playable in this fashion.  

Similarly with hand 2, I'm not doing so well in these spots (in part due to running a fair way below EV, which isn't great for confidence starting out in the game :p) so I was wondering if it was standard/ok to get it in here, or if I should be happily calling both streets and just trying to improve with a great price to do so at the lower limits where, as Dave says, I think we have very little chance of getting the raiser to fold.

Thanks for everyone's comments, taking it all on board Smiley
« Last Edit: February 16, 2014, 02:08:02 AM by Rexas » Logged

humour is very much encouraged, however theres humour and theres not.
I disrepectfully agree with Matt Smiley
Dry em
Hit Squad

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2014, 12:27:15 PM »

Hand 1 - would definitely recommend just calling the flop raise. You can assume your flush outs are dead and that you have no fold equity. Just take one off in position hoping to make a straight. Wouldn't expect your equity to be great if you get all in here - your hand looks better than it is given the action

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: